'coust' Pads

Matt_Zoot

A few friends have recommended these, but as they're fairly expensive I'd rather wait a while for some more sound advice. I've searched the net for reviews but can't seem to find anything.

I did find one place that sells them (heatsincbikes) but that still doesn't really help as i still can't find reviews!!

Anyone got them or have used them? Do they work? Are they worth the money? Do they last?

At the moment I dont even have a bike to put them on as I've leant it to the local thief, but as soon as I've either got it back or got a new one off the insurance and you guys start saying you'd sell your girlfriend to own a pair I'll get 'em.

why'd you think they cost more? if people are willing to pay more than normal they should be preety damn good (Y) i've not riden them (i run heatsink reds+they're made so well =] i'd imagine the quality on coust pads is damn good to (Y)) wait till jake*numbers* comes on i beleive he runs+bums them :P . although i heard about them going funny if they got to hot?

i run cousts.... mine are loverly! really dead silent and grippy as f**k! however dont think they worked too well at the start of their life... ive kinda f**ked one of them up..... because i ruined my rim but still great! think ill get a set again with a new rim lol heard good things about Ali-C pads i think.....

i ran coust pads for about 6 months they was a great pad considering my wheel is really eggy and hard to set up the brake so the pad always hit the rim and not the tire, they have a really good hold on them even in the wet, if you want a video to show you how well they are find mike singletons video (day at the doctors)

although there are pads that offer the same in my opinion heat sink blues on a fresh grind work well and i love the sound

but they dont really work well in the wet compared to the cousts

ive recentlly got my self a pair of phat pads in cnc backings (mike singletons pads) even though there the same compound as ali c's pads i thought i would use the cnc backings as well and these are better than cousts and they hold much better than the cousts in the wet and about the same in the dry

in my opinion i would pm ali c or mike and get these pads there great 10 pound in normal power pad backings or 32 pound in cnc backings

hope this helps mate

heres a pic of the phat pads

post-7469-1171891900_thumb.jpg

in my opinion i would pm ali c or mike and get these pads there great 10 pound in normal power pad backings or 32 pound in cnc backings

hope this helps mate

heres a pic of the phat pads

What? ali and mike sell CNC backings? First i've heard of that.

But yeh, I wouldn't say I quite 'Bum' coust's, I prefer the shorter original 35mm ones directly from michel coust but on the other hand I do like the stiffness the CNC backing's give. At the moment, my brake is working exceptionally well and I havn't had to adjust it in ages now.

The only problem with coust pad's is actually getting them, coust take a while and are not easy to deal with, and heatsink have gone down the pan something shocking to the point where I doub't i'd even bother ordering again. There's NO WAY im going to send steve £15 for some rubber untill he proves he's sorted all this crap with late deliveries etc out. especially when ali c's pad's are getting rave reviews seemingling on par with coust's

What? ali and mike sell CNC backings? First i've heard of that.

...There's NO WAY im going to send steve £15 for some rubber untill he proves he's sorted all this crap with late deliveries etc out. especially when ali c's pad's are getting rave reviews seemingling on par with coust's

Mike kindly buys the empty CNCed backings from me. They are 100% orginal Heatsink stock which Mike then mounts his material into. One of the beauties of such backings, and all power to Mike's elbow for this.

Because I'm still hand making all the pads for the CNCed backings, understandably I have hit a temporary stop in their production due to time contraints involved with having 2 children under 2 years old.

Not to worry because a new method is developing which will allow consistant supply :) I've learnt my lesson about being overwhelmed with orders and running out of freetime to keep up, so the ordering will only go live again for the complete range of pads when stock levels are high and immediate send out is possible.

Steve

thanks for clearing that up steve, to be honest i would buy ali c pads from him or mike or even steve when he is up and running again

ive had mike on msn for ages and hes a really nice guy to chat to and top rider when i road with him in london a while back and even though i waited about a month for the backings to arrive to him mike kept me informed on what the situation the pads were in

but steve hurry up and get back in business i may go back to heatsink pads after my phat pads are dead

i think snowys are rubbish ok on the front but not on the rear because they didnt hold me (12 stone) cousts were good for me on a grind but my mate has the heatsinks in cnc backings hes only a lil fella but the lock really well and have a really nice sound with them

so either the cousts or heatsinks i would choose and sell the snowys

i think snowys are rubbish ok on the front but not on the rear because they didnt hold me (12 stone) cousts were good for me on a grind but my mate has the heatsinks in cnc backings hes only a lil fella but the lock really well and have a really nice sound with them

so either the cousts or heatsinks i would choose and sell the snowys

kool cheers mate! (Y)

i run cousts.... mine are loverly! really dead silent and grippy as f**k! however dont think they worked too well at the start of their life... ive kinda f**ked one of them up..... because i ruined my rim but still great! think ill get a set again with a new rim lol heard good things about Ali-C pads i think.....

thats odd as most peoples coust pads are loud...

Is it possible to put the cnced backing off the red heatsink and put on the coust's?????

you should have bought the coust-sinks if thats what you wanted! coust pad material in cnc backings.

i have run the coust-sinks for months now and they were the most amazing pads. scarily loud at times, great bite and hold. unfortunately i am down to the backings so i will have to remove them in a sec and run some other shiz until they i can order some refills for them.

you shouldn't have bought another set of backing's if you allready have a pair. whoever said that is talking shit.

You can remove the old material from the backing's and fit new material, whatever material you want can be put in them. Usually heating them in the oven will break the glue seal but it depends on what was used originally.

you shouldn't have bought another set of backing's if you allready have a pair. whoever said that is talking shit.

You can remove the old material from the backing's and fit new material, whatever material you want can be put in them. Usually heating them in the oven will break the glue seal but it depends on what was used originally.

yeah but they aren't cnced pads are they

just put my coust pads on and there so much better than the red heatsinks, they grip abit more and give more sound out.

Is it possible to put the cnced backing off the red heatsink and put on the coust's?????

thanks

Paul! :-:rolleyes::D

thats odd as most peoples coust pads are loud...

you should have bought the coust-sinks if thats what you wanted! coust pad material in cnc backings.

i have run the coust-sinks for months now and they were the most amazing pads. scarily loud at times, great bite and hold. unfortunately i am down to the backings so i will have to remove them in a sec and run some other shiz until they i can order some refills for them.

Then I say my bit......

yeah but they aren't cnced pads are they

No. Did he ask about CNC pads? are 'CNC pads' even available? who the f**k would use a cnc machine rather than an injection moulder?

man i seriously dont even understand what your on about.

He has a set of CNC backing's he got with red pads, he wants to mounts coust material in the metal backings.

So, if he removes his coust material from plastic backings, and the red material from the metal backing, he can swap them round thus having coust material in a cnc backing, meaning they would be 'cncd pads' would they not?

Tell me that it's you that has misunderstood (or not read the f**king thread?) here otherwise im going nuts.

Edited by jake1516

i would of done but i got them free with my order that took the piss ages ago.

This kid got a set of free pads because his order took ages, my order took just over 2 months and I get an untested new red compound instead of the old red pads that I ordered. :(

Joy o joy.