Should I Get My Money Back ? ? ?

ZOO!PYTHON

Everyones apart from jakes ;)

My point is, that if you pay for something advertised as £15 posted, I expect to recieve the item for £15, I don't care how I get it, 2nd class/ pigeon mail/recorded, aslong as it get's to me the seller has fulfilled their responsibility. If something goes tits up, and they havn't had it sent insured of recorded, they are at fault, because our agreement was for the item to be posted to be for the £15. This is unless of course the seller specifies that the postage will be of a certain level.(recorded/special).

If an item is advertised as £15 + postage, then it's up to me to specify how much postage I want to pay, and if I opt for 2nd class and it get's lost that's my responsibility.

I just don't think that we should expect sellers to send stuff using recorded delivery as default.

I can't beleive this has gone on so long, it's simple.

YOU sold it.

YOU didn't send it recorded, therefor have no proof it was sent / can't prove he received it.

YOU owe him £30.

You may be in a bad financial situation, but that's nothing. If you sent it properly, you'd be able to claim the money back and give it to him.

YOU f**ked up, YOU deal with the consequences.

Sorry to sound harsh, but bull excuses don't wash with me.

There are no excuses, you didn't get it recorded, so you give him his money back.

I don't know how Royal Mail works, but if this was sent with a service where you get no proof of sending, you are the one to blame. If you did get a receipt and lost it, bad luck... but it's still your fault. I've got a draw full of receipts, even if something does get lost by the post, I can prove to the buyer that I have sent it off. Works the other way as well, if I bought something and didn't receive it, I'd demand a full refund unless presented with a proof of sending in which case I'd only ask the seller to investigate the matter.

Sorry dude, you did wrong by loosing the silly piece of paper.

i've already said i was sorting out tonight :) i know i am at blame now and hopefully i'll be able claim my money back seen as my mum appears to have found the recipt! :) i just need to find some way of proving how much the disk was worth

just wating for him to come online so i can get his paypal addy!

i must add though i haven't been getting all these emails he says he's been sending me and only just started getting his pms about 3 days ago since i first said i'd pay him back before those i'd forgotten about it

Edited by Gavyn L

don't see why i should be blacklisted as i've done noumerous deals since then all of which have gone well!

ive met you and thought u were sound bought cranks of you and you didnt even tell me the threads were f**ked, your not the best of dealers mate considering u also blocked me on msn at one point.

ive met you and thought u were sound bought cranks of you and you didnt even tell me the threads were f**ked, your not the best of dealers mate considering u also blocked me on msn at one point.

I blocked you by accident mate, well after we'd done, i still don't know how the the threads got f**ked seen as they were fine when i ran them and hadn't been on a bike since you were putting a try-all freewheel on weren't you? i'm sure there was some small compatibilty issue there.

also the cranks were before and you got your money back

aidan used to speak a load of bollocks though look at what he caused between me and duffus ;) however he seems to have matured a little! he probs said that out of spite or something, i never new the threads were damaged at all had i known i wouldn't have sold them to you.

like you said you thought i was sound, i thought the same about you, i'd previously bought a wheel off you why would i jepardise that by f**king you around. ;)

This reminds me of the time you slept with me gav and you gave me aids.... I paid you fair and square and you never gave me a receipt! can I have a refund?

Ohhh dear works boring ohh well... anyways To be fair he is giving the boy his money back, sorted... I always record so just do the same next time (Y)

ok i should have money in my paypal account tonight so i'll pay him back in full tonight then try to claim back the money if it's possible

seems like the most sensible option just now but i don't hold out much hope for getting my money back from rm

also advice for the future, if i say that i'm not responsible for any postage problems first off like what people do on ebay

will i have this problem providing i have proof

note to self, ensure i keep all the recorded delivery slips*

Havn't recieved anything yet??? :rolleyes:

Mat

get them to send you a new one and stop f**king him around you moronic willy!!

Agreed, It may be curcustantial coincidence but it seems highly cobnveniant that all these excuses keep rolling out. It takes them less than 4 hours to respond to a forgotten password (mine was almost instantaneous) so thats not really an excuse.

Everyones apart from jakes ;)

If you can't find the receipt for the postage, and he hasn't got his item, then he would certainly win at a small claims court. Because what you've done has amounted to little more than theft. Theres no proof of you having posted it and your refusing to give him his money back, at least, thats how it would be looked at by the court.

As for the msn convo... i don't really know whether a record of that can be used as evidence, as its too easily doctored. Just open them in notepad and you can add words where you want. And as for saying get the cheapest possible postage... unless he specifically said "don't bother insuring it" then you don't have a case and you should refund his money, and then claim your losses back through the post office. If he did tell you not to insure it.... well then thats a different matter entirely and he's not got anyone to blame but himself.

But like i said, i don't know whether a recorded msn convosation could be classed as evidence.

I have got to say, even though this may be Perseid the point, but MSN plus chat log that opens inside of MSN can not be tampered with, its no editable and can only be copy and pasted from there. If you have msn plus and go to 'PLUS!' then 'chat log viewer' you could find his conversation and SHOW it to somebody willing to go to your house, as print-screening could be also tampered with.

Cheers, Rorz!

Sorry if it's been said already but i can't be bothered to read everyone's post. On the Royal Mail website you can print a form off and send it to them to claim the lost parcel. You need to include your receipt though. I'm pretty sure normal first class post is insured for £32.

I had a wheel get lost which i sold on ebay. Kinda sucks when it takes ages to sort out and no one is to blame. The Royal Mail still haven't replied back.

Sorry if it's been said already but i can't be bothered to read everyone's post. On the Royal Mail website you can print a form off and send it to them to claim the lost parcel. You need to include your receipt though. I'm pretty sure normal first class post is insured for £32.

I had a wheel get lost which i sold on ebay. Kinda sucks when it takes ages to sort out and no one is to blame. The Royal Mail still haven't replied back.

yeah i've already got the form and filled most of it out i just need to find something which can prove the value of the brake hopefully i'll get my money back

I have got to say, even though this may be Perseid the point, but MSN plus chat log that opens inside of MSN can not be tampered with, its no editable and can only be copy and pasted from there. If you have msn plus and go to 'PLUS!' then 'chat log viewer' you could find his conversation and SHOW it to somebody willing to go to your house, as print-screening could be also tampered with.

Cheers, Rorz!

Firstly... Why has perseid... one of "any of a shower of meteors appearing in August and radiating from a point in the constellation Perseus." been put into that sentence? Do you not mean beside :-?

Secondly, yeah they can... find the file on the hard drive, open it in notepad, type in what you want, save and close.... all conveniantly edited.

Edited by Krisboats

Firstly... Why has perseid... one of "any of a shower of meteors appearing in August and radiating from a point in the constellation Perseus." been put into that sentence? Do you not mean beside :-?

hahahahaa

google spell checker ***!