Infa Red Brakes

harmertrials

Hi, i came up with the idea the other day. Simply have your lever as standard but fitted with an infa red sensor, then there is no need for a hose. And have the fluid within the caliper somehow. As I said just an idea for a company like hope.

Edited by harmertrials

Sorry to piss on your bonfire but InfaRed only works within a line of sight. In other words, if your bars were turned and you wanted to brake, you wouldn't be able to. And also the rear brake wouldn't work. The only wireless solution would be RF (radio frequency). But then as you said, you'd have the problem of fluid.

Hi, i came up with the idea the other day. Simply have your lever as standard but fitted with an infa red sensor, then there is no need for a hose. And have the fluid within the caliper somehow. As I said just an idea for a company like hope.

Hi that wouldn't work because you would have to create compression in order for the pads to move then you would have to create enough of it and how would the sensors be powered. just to much of a ball ache but good idea though (Y)

chris

i reckon it could be done but it would require some fancy eletronics and a power supply which we don't want on our bikes

..Or the weight that this meck would use, and how is it spose to work?

All I can see is that its just gona be too heavy, not what the market

Wants these days, its looks, lightness and power! That dose it these days, if

Use that you’re onto a winner

(Y)

By the time you got it to work it would be very expensive and would way so much more, and even when that has been done you would have to rely on batterys (N) . i wouldnt trust it as far as a dead cat could throw it to be honest.

Good idea though, MOZA