Anyone Ridden Law Moto-x Pedals?

guineasmithpig

ae33_1.JPG

look pretty well designed. always preferred caged pedals like Club Roost 1D and 2D. hate them VP/Onza things.

anyone ridden the LAW pedals, or know how they perform? mainly concerned about bearing and axle life. the bodies look pretty solid. obviously the 'cages' are removeable, but i dunno whether they are gonna be easy to get hold of

Smithy

just been on the LAW website, and they look alrite. MBUK review gave em 9/10, and they are selling off 2006 stock at £40 (Y)

no sign o them replaceable cages though....

Smithy

Apparently they are produce by the same company that made the awesome ASSAULT pedals. replaced by the Moto-x, the assault pedals were the grippiest cage pedals on the market period, and ridiculously expensive (£120 plus). Danny Holroyd used they during his Planet-x days.

VERY good pedals. VERY heavy pedals.

Yeah they look chunky as hell!!

A mate of mine had the old ones just because Holroyd had them and they were actually a bit annoying, impossible to move your foot on them but these look a bit more easy going.

Just go with the V8's, cheap, durable, light and grippy (Y)

Joel ;)

Edited by JsyJoel93

got v12s atm. but its for an old skool build, so wanted cages. anyone know places still selling Club Roost ones?

as for V8s, i'm fed up of bent axles. put a set on my bmx when i had it. clipped on a wall on the first ride and totalled em. poo. V12 axles any better? or gonna be the same?

and ali, how heavy is heavy? can't seem to find a weight on their site. about as heavy as old cage pedals? (TNT, 1Ds/2Ds, Triple Traps?)

smithy

not a word of lie, get the revell pedals, i convinced prawn to, and my god he loves them, they have a slightly bigger platform than other pedals, and grip like hell. mine are 3years old and dont have anythong wrong with them still, i havent even lost a pin (Y) avaliable on tarty too.

although i may buy new pins as mine have worn alot now

hmmmm, platforms again. just that i saw the Law's on eBay at £15. unfortunately i've had no replies from 'lawcycling' who has 0 feedback. i'm sure they're legit, but haven't been able to contact through the company site either.

may just run the V12s i have until i can be arsed/have time to make my own pedals. can have whatever the hell i want then!

Smithy

the Syncros are nice

i know what nice pedals are, i'm just after some old skool caged pedals for my old skool trials bike! Ideally I'd like some Club Roost 2ds or 1Ds. the post was just asking about the Law pedals, as these looked really nice. not THAT old, but I DO NOT WANT new platform pedals. just so people aren't wasting their time posting loads of CNC beasty flat pedals.

I'd get VP caged pedals, but they lasted about 2minutes when i last used them.

so really, only responses I want is Law pedal info, and if anyone knows where theres some decent CR 2Ds lurking, let me know!!!

Smithy

thought i'd have a bid on the Law's anyway. there was two pairs running at £15 each on ebay. i won the first at £21.57. second pair went for £16! lucky buggers. still, £21 for a set of £99 ain't half bad! just asking for some details to make sure its the proper law cycles company doing the dealing. let you know what they're like when i get em

Smithy

oooo, and won some £70 Oakley bikin shorts for £27. thought that were good