Broken Ipod

Rob_P

No luck in the random Qs thread so thought I'd try here.

I'm now on my second ipod (20gb photo) the first one was JUST within warrenty and the click wheel stopped working. They replaced it no problem.

The other day I dropped mine, went to catch it by the headphones but they just came out. Later I realised the bottom is slightly cracked and it wont play music now.

What shall I do? Does anyone know the link on the apple site where I can send it back? I dont wanna send it back and then get a silly bill for repair.

Apple site is a nightmare for tryint to find anything like that, I could probably send it back easy but don't want to have to pay for a bloody repair.

Any suggestions?? pleaseee

Thanks

Rob

If you send it back to Apple, you WILL get a silly bill I'm afraid. Something daft like £160 for a full iPod service. Depending on what's actually broken, you might be able to fit it yourself/send it away to some repair company. I know there are certain iPod repair people out there on the internet, but I don't know any specific ones.

I'm now on my second ipod (20gb photo) the first one was JUST within warrenty and the click wheel stopped working. They replaced it no problem.

The other day I dropped mine, went to catch it by the headphones but they just came out. Later I realised the bottom is slightly cracked and it wont play music now.

What shall I do? Does anyone know the link on the apple site where I can send it back? I dont wanna send it back and then get a silly bill for repair.

Apple site is a nightmare for tryint to find anything like that, I could probably send it back easy but don't want to have to pay for a bloody repair.

Thanks

Rob

Rape them!!!!!!

www.ukipodrepairs.com, apple fixed my iPod just outside of the warranty because i went to trading standards and they said that it wasn't in satisfactory, because it wasn't broken and one of the headphones stopped working i then had to send apple a letter, then had a phone call 2 1 hour on the phone explaining everything we have bought from apple on this account (imac, macbook pro, 4 iPod videos and docking stations for all of them.) they um'ed and r'ed for about another 20mins then Finlay said ok we will give your serial number an extra 30days insurance so i had to travel to Exeter drop my iPod of and got a new iPod back.

Cheers, Rorz!

Hmm, someone I know has managed to get free replacments from Apple when their Ipod stopped working. Apple sent him a box with postage paid for (to California no less) and it arrived within a few weeks, all sorted. This conflicts somewhat with Tomm's comment but I think it just goes from case to case as to whether they'll charge or not.

www.ukipodrepairs.com, apple fixed my iPod just outside of the warranty because i went to trading standards and they said that it wasn't in satisfactory, because it wasn't broken and one of the headphones stopped working i then had to send apple a letter, then had a phone call 2 1 hour on the phone explaining everything we have bought from apple on this account (imac, macbook pro, 4 iPod videos and docking stations for all of them.) they um'ed and r'ed for about another 20mins then Finlay said ok we will give your serial number an extra 30days insurance so i had to travel to Exeter drop my iPod of and got a new iPod back.

Cheers, Rorz!

LOL, be cheaper to buy a new one than all that hasle.

I have fixed many ipods over time. It it loads fine but you just cant here the music then the headphone jack could of broken or the ribbon connecting the audio pcb to the mainboard may have come loose. If you cant get the ipod to load then the Hardrive connection has probably come loose (Very common - causes the sad ipod face)

Dave

I have fixed many ipods over time. It it loads fine but you just cant here the music then the headphone jack could of broken or the ribbon connecting the audio pcb to the mainboard may have come loose. If you cant get the ipod to load then the Hardrive connection has probably come loose (Very common - causes the sad ipod face)

Dave

haha Nick, nice idea, bad feedback? who cares. Then again I could get beaten up for selling a broken ipod like the kid in tokyo drift.

Well, I dropped it, didn't see the crack straight off and the music all comes up and everything, just wont play. Skips through each song. Then the little sad face comes up and says go to www.apple blah blah blah.

Shall I just buy a new one?

I might get just a 1gb shuffle and wack all fav tunes on there and keep changing it. I never listened to the whole 20gb anyway.......... :angry:

Surely he'd get a fresh warranty with fresh pod? Still though, this isn't exactly a warranty claim as it wasn't Apples fault that he dropped it.

Meh, I don't know how it works!

Kinda, you get the 12 months from when you bought it, or 3 months of new warranty, whichever is later.

haha Nick, nice idea, bad feedback? who cares. Then again I could get beaten up for selling a broken ipod like the kid in tokyo drift.

Well, I dropped it, didn't see the crack straight off and the music all comes up and everything, just wont play. Skips through each song. Then the little sad face comes up and says go to www.apple blah blah blah.

Shall I just buy a new one?

I might get just a 1gb shuffle and wack all fav tunes on there and keep changing it. I never listened to the whole 20gb anyway.......... :angry:

sounds like it could be the hard drive. I replaced mine myself - bought a 15gb hardrive because it was way cheaper than 20gb and it was easy to fix and get work properly. then the clickwheel went and i haven't bothered fixing it yet. i think i will do though....

Thanks

Rob

Argh Dammit.

My 80gb video has just stopped working - no response or anything, tried re-setting it... Just no sign of life.

Who knows how to fix it? :D

Just go out and buy a proper MP3 player - job done

Wanna know what's not funny?

That actually worked. :$

Funny thing is it had full battery the day before.

Ah well. haha

:lol:

I've doen that myself before. My sony player had gone flat and i thought it was screwed, tried thumping it and all sorts, then charged it up and realised i hadn't put the hold button on so it had been playing to itself in my bag.

Edited by Krisboats