Proto Monty

AdamR28

monty had an aritcle sumwhere once as to why they used curved tubes, from what i remember its to do with the ride of the bike being more comfortable and reducing the stress in the frame.

personally i think it looks good, although the radius of the curve might of just been over done slightly? maybe if it was a little lower then it would look good?

apart from that the rest of the frame looks very nice!

ash

I like the way it looks but the design of it doesn't inspire confidence. The frames already have a reputation for being weaker than others and now they've slammed it right down reducing it's mechanical strength...

sorry but this really isn't true, i've never heard of any montys (2005 and older) snapping

And here are some riding pictures:

campespanya2007-01.jpg

campespanya2007-02.jpg

campespanya2007-03.jpg

The frames already have a reputation for being weaker than others and now they've slammed it right down reducing it's mechanical strength...

they don't, the newer montys are tough as hell.

and how can you say the mechanical strength is less from a photo?

if anything it's stronger, if you think about it, have you ever seen a frame snap downwards at the headtube?? i never have.

they always snap upwards because in trials a lot of force is put between the wheels, on hooks and such...as you well know.

so by bending the top tube like that, it's almost going in the opposite direction to where the forces are trying to bend it.

they don't, the newer montys are tough as hell.

and how can you say the mechanical strength is less from a photo?

if anything it's stronger, if you think about it, have you ever seen a frame snap downwards at the headtube?? i never have.

they always snap upwards because in trials a lot of force is put between the wheels, on hooks and such...as you well know.

so by bending the top tube like that, it's almost going in the opposite direction to where the forces are trying to bend it.

Er simple mechanics.

EDIT: Paint won't work properly :mellow:

What I'm saying is now that the frame is even lower the frame won't be as strong because more force is dissapated in the bb yoke area.

Edited by Shaun H

Haha, that frame is really funny, looks like an old man.

But that photoshoppage looks great

EDIT: It seems that with Monty, evolution is a long and really painful process. Since the early 90's they've only had 3 major designs, the square bottom tube frame, the early 00's X-Lite and the Ti's which were lowered X-Lites. Now they've finally done something cool and trendy but had to add a bit of crap to the design. They should add a sticker to the frame saying "nothing's happened to my frame, it's supposed to be like that".

Edited by Inur

really? so you've never heard of an x-lite snapping?

like mine for example:

gallery_6800_896_20434.jpg

I don't know about anyone else, but i know personally I distinguish between a crack and a snap.

A snap is where there i a clean break in a tube, a crack is where the tube remains one, but it's strength is seriously compromised.

dont like the top picture at all! totally horrible.... i actualy shouted "EWW" when i opened the page.......

the tweaked one underneath looks quite nice... i think its just the dodgy top tube thats the put off.... but it must be there for a reason.... i dunno. think the tweaked one looks a bit like a koxx... what you reckon? and the brown rims look a bit shitty. :)

really? so you've never heard of an x-lite snapping?

like mine for example:

gallery_6800_896_20434.jpg

I was talking about 2005 version or later, not sure what year that is though

and i'm not sure if that a snap, but I can't judge that based on one picture

I have heard of some cracking though, but we werent talking about that now :)

I was talking about 2005 version or later, not sure what year that is though

and i'm not sure if that a snap, but I can't judge that based on one picture

I have heard of some cracking though, but we werent talking about that now :)

The black ones are 04