Best Stand Up...

Dr. Nick Riviera

everyone bums bill hicks, i personally don't think he was a true 'comedian', in the funny sense.

he was more about politics and shit, some of his stuff is funny, but the majority of it is pretentious, self-righteous, and basically things he should keep to himself/close friends.

i'm not saying i disagree with him, infact he says a lot of stuff i think about/have thought in the past...but just stuff like shouting about how weed is good etc, it just comes across childish and lame from a guy who was a fully grown adult.

as for best stand up....i don't really rate anyone much. jasper carrot was always pretty funny, but i haven't seen him for a while, and i laughed my ass of at peter kays acts the first time round, but they got old quickly.

alexei sayle was good too from what i remember, but it's been a while since i saw him too.

i do think that whilst bill hicks wasn't a character, the stuff he did was intentionally bigoted to the left wing for comedic effect. bloody great.

yeh i can see that could easily be the case, but still, from my own life experience the majority of people will take everything at face value, and to promote drugs, no matter how soft i find a bit wreckless.

i'm not against weed at all, its a free choice imo, its just gets my goat a little when people try and say its 100% right just because they smoke it.

smoke pot if you like, but don't go around recommending it, in the same way he thinks people shouldn't go around saying it's bad. kinda hypocritical of him.

also some of his hitler comments were a little ott. came across uninformed, when he is clearly a smart guy and a deep thinker.

but yeh, i've gone off topic, just wanted to say he shouldn't be put on the huge comedic pedestal that he is imo.

back on topic, who's that youngish guy, quite lanky with a sort of side-show-bob haircut, i remember him being quite funny.

Not really sure, best I've watched quite recently is Dylan Moran (Y) really funny, its like watching a drunk irish guy, always gunna be good.

Check this out.

back on topic, who's that youngish guy, quite lanky with a sort of side-show-bob haircut, i remember him being quite funny.

Yeah, I've been meanign to find out who that is too. Hes good.

Dave Gorman makes me chuckle.

Oh o o! I think my dad met him for some bezzar reason and I saw him at tate modern a while back!!!! (completey off topic)

I like the irish guy ermmm thinking.......... ED BYRNE what a funny fellow (in crappy irish accent).

Edited by Joelio

jimmy carr is a pisser!!!

peter kay makes me laugh as well, but his stuff gets old.

and erm.... whats his face, SIMON AMSTELL!! he makes me piss!!

alexei sayle came 18th!!!

dylan moran came 17th!

Edited by oakley

Probably Jimmy Carr, one of the funniest men alive.

What about The mighty boosh live, is that stand up, i can never tell because it's sketch type thing.

Seen Jimmy Car live, Was good!

Mighty Boosh are f**king pants.

LEE EVANS FOR THE WIN!

Edit: Along with jimmy carr.

Edited by Alan

Lee Evans

Ricky Gavias ( cant spell) never really liked the office but animals was legendary and politics was awsome

Chris Rock - His stuff about black people and racism and old people is just great

LINK - really well known clip but his dvds theres some better stuff

link2

Edited by RealRiding