Start Bike

marciszd

hi im new here, and i want to start trial /i was bmxin for last 2 years/. i was looking through web for a good cheap bike, and i found this 20bt-a - tell me if you know anything about that bike. since im a new to trial i dont wnt to spend a lot of money, lets say no more than $350. tell me what are your suggestions, here is the link

http://www.bikebuyers.com/20bt-a.htm

peace

"limited edition" :ermm:

yeh should be limited to non i mean what the hell, for a start its not set up like a trials bike as in the seat is higher then who knows what, that should show you about the bike shop.

get yourself on www.tartybike.co.uk

you guys didn't see the problem, im living in USA, what means that the shipping would kill me, on the other hand i said about 350 dollars, what stays for about 200 pounds. i know i wont get a good bike for that money, maybe you can get me some good models or something like brands i should look for - after taking a look in tardybikes know what is reliable more or less, but more knowledge would help me a lot

thanks

you guys didn't see the problem, im living in USA, what means that the shipping would kill me, on the other hand i said about 350 dollars, what stays for about 200 pounds. i know i wont get a good bike for that money, maybe you can get me some good models or something like brands i should look for - after taking a look in tardybikes know what is reliable more or less, but more knowledge would help me a lot

thanks

onza- t-vee (Y)

you say your from USA? why does it say your from cardif :P

your best off looking at second hand bikes with that sort of budget in mind. observedtrials.net is your best place to start have a look see if there are any for sale in price range there. and also check ebay. your best looking at a 20" bike as you'll more likely to get a reasonable bike for your money. if your unsure about the specs of anything you find just post the links to them on here and one of us will be able to help you out (Y)

craig

you guys are awesome. i am not actually a yank, im in USA for last 4 years, i got there from poland. i was on that forum, but somehow yanks are not that helpful as you guys. maybe my card doesn't say that im in US, but i was just filling it out fast, i was at work. thanks for sites info mates :)

peace

/i edited my profile, there shall be no problem now/

Edited by marciszd

For the love of god please dont get that bike. Look at anybike in the onza range they are great starter bikes. Look on tartybikes and only buy a bike with a brand that they have on the site as they are all the trials specific brands and the best brands and base aswell do ok starter bikes.

thats what he said, "no clue about shipping to us". that brisa doesn't look bad, but i didn't heard much about that brand /im new to trials, trying to move from bmx/. he doesn't specify shipping too.

how do you find those bikes? i found it hard to get any of them on ebay, maybe because in US trials are not that popular.

thank for info

Get a saracen 2 zero, then put maggies on it, and apparently you can fit a 19" trials wheel on the rear by just moving the wheel further in the dropouts and taking a couple of links out the chain. great starter bike, lots of people i know said it rides a lot better than they thought.

Quite short though, depends how you like it

THANKS BOBS

• 1 year later...
You should save up more money and look into investing in a onza t bird or even a onza t pro. That bike looks pretty rubbish if you ask me!

onzatbirdrhs1600x1200.jpg:shifty:

http://www.supercycles.co.uk/images/onzatprorhs1600x1200.jpg :turned:

The prices arn't that bad ethier, from £300 - £600!!!

WHY ARE YOU BUMPING A YEAR OLD TOPIC ?

Edited by G-baby158