Monty 221 Ti Prototype- Updated!

monty boi

Hello guy's just found another picture of the Monty 221 ti 08 prototype this time it has been updated by Dani Comas,

The main diference is that the curve behind the drive bearings is now more sweet and the frame looks like more flat than before. The stem has a little window on both sides just below the cap and is a polished 2007 model, but we dont know if the measurements have changed or not. The rear disk is in aluminium and special for wet conditions. This rotor wont be installed in the serial bikes. post-8509-1176737191_thumb.jpg

Thanks.

Adam. :)

Word. It just looks thrown together. I don't really see why they didn't just bosh some straight tubing in on there? I know they can probably bump the price up by £50 or so by using curvy piping, but screw it, it looks turds and won't really benefit anyone.

Lot of odd things about that bike, maxxis tyres, megamo rotor, ti pedal axels, stem and the rear rim. Wonder if he's running rubber rear pads, plazmatic style.

I like the look of it, mine should be here late July sweet!

Edited by Matt_Tupman

I think the idea of that top tube is to increase the support of the head tube... its not as if the frame isn't tiny enough anyway!

Finally some sense!

and for those saying it looks 'thrown together' of course its been thrown together, it's a proto for god's sake!!

look at his back rim!!!!!

I'm not a fan of the rear triangle, I kinda prefer the current style dropout's but then the standover height would be increased on the proto.

whoever said it was a uci bike? and whoever said monty were biu? monty are a bike company, not the organisation that organises comps and such.... maybe you meant they are biu orientated, but again, whoever said that?

whoever said monty were biu? monty are a bike company, not the organisation that organises comps and such.... maybe you meant they are biu orientated, but again, whoever said that?

I said it, and it was obviously tongue-in-cheek. But Monty have traditionally been much more involved with BIU comps - at one stage the Monty team only rode BIU (I guess that's not the case now?). Their bikes are more geared to the BIU style of riding and the BIU sections - I.e. the bikes are shorter.