She Wants A Break

python_man

Basically, she doesn't have the balls to say she doesn't want to go out with you any more.

(Y)

But is there any point trying to convince her if she's got doubts?

If she has doubts they'll still be there if you get back together, to resurface later on.

It’s their way of trying to get what they want without feeling guilty. Doesn’t want to split up and then feel guilty for upsetting you, but wants to put some distance between you. Puts the idea out there without saying it, trying to get you to do the breaking up maybe.

ive told her im not waiting forever.

she thinks i should just have fun out.

If you feel you're waiting for her it puts her in control. If she's calling all the shots she'll feel in control, so turn things round and say what YOU want! Don't pander to what she wants, tell her straight how you feel and what you want, and that you're not prepared to have her waste your time.

Saying she thinks you should have fun out sounds like she wants you to meet other girls so then she won't feel guilty if she wanted to split up. Saying you're out too much - does she expect you to see her every day!? If you went round hers lots then she's say you're seeing her too much, they'll never be happy!

its one rule for one person and one rule for another

Yep, and girls always think they're right! :rolleyes:

just say yeh I agree, Say little more and leave it..

It'll get her wondering and she'll be chasing you back within a week, if she doesnt.. your better off anyway.

I think this guy is correct, but i think i can be a little more sympathetic than most people are being here as i know it is very hard to do but you wont change her mind and if you do it will probably pop back up later on if you get back together.

Rorz.

well what id do is....

Just chill out and take a step back see what she wants and just do anything to comfort her, shes proabably having a lot harder time than you to have the courage to come out and say it. If she wants to meet up go round just be quiet see what she wants to do. If youve been going out over a year theres no hurry just see whats happening and give yourself time to guage the situation

if its clear she doesnt want you can step back and get over her, or, get back together and work harder for your relationship. just dont make any rash decisions. but as soon as she does anything like get with another boy, go wild with the sea of girls you havent been able to tapp for the last year!

cheers guys for all the help

theres a load of really decent guys on this forum

cheers again

oh and she has just had a go at me for not txting here :lol:

nick

Seems a bit of a shore sign that she is missing/wants you, because you just said that, i think she is doing this to put herself back in control, not to dump you or get a new boyfriend. Show her your the man, BUT don't do anything silly.

Cheers, Rorz.

oh and she has just had a go at me for not txting here :lol:

See she still wants to hear from you lol

oh and also dont forget just because she doesnt want you to go out anymore doesnt mean she wants to; let you go, loose you, get with anyone else. ETC just whatever you do dont drag it out! i had the worse 6 months of my life not knowing if a girl wanted me, and having sex with her because she, "didnt want to let me down" whatever the f**k thats supposed to mean. So if you are breaking it off just make sure its clear what you can / cannot do with each other / others

you do sound pretty hardy about it though so sure it wont be as much of a problem as it was for me, when i was sensitive and alot younger! Ahaha thinking about it, my BMX brought us together, (getting a puncture and me going round her house as it was near the station, so i could borrow her bike to get home) and me getting a trials bike kinda ended it!!! (me never being available to be arround her anymore) lol

Last month my girlfriend suggested we should go on a break, i didn't see it coming, so i was extremely shocked and surprised. I was due to be going up to see her in 2 weeks time, so she suggested we went on a break until then. She said i wasn't aloud to contact her at all, otherwise the break wouldn't work. she even said that we could see other people, but we both had to promise that we wouldn't have sex. I felt gutted and still shocked, that first week made me feel so depressed, cos i was certain that it was over, (mailny cos thats why you go on a break). Come 2 days before i'm ment to go up to her's i send her text just to see if it's still ok to come up and that she still wanted me too. we were then talking again and it all seemed fine, we had a serious chat when i was with her.

She told me that she wanted the break cos she was feeling under alot of pressure at the time, cos of her exams and us being so far apart and not seeing each other very often, she also said she wanted to be certain of her feelings for me and be single to release the pressure of having a bf. She also told me that on the first night of being on a break, she cried her self to sleep, n she then realised that she really loves me.

It helped in a way, we both had time to look at things and see how we really felt about eachother. I'm not happy that we went on a break cos she knew that she wanted me straight away, where as iwas dredding the 2 weeks cos i thought it was us over. But i don't regret going on a break.

As for you mate, i guess it depends on how things have been going and she feels about you as to whether this is it, or if she truly just needs some time on her own. If you trust her and really think that things are going well for you until now, then more than likely i would say that ul be fine. But if things have been rocky recently and its been cos of her acting different, then i would say cut your losses and leave.

I wouldn't suggest going by what any of us have said on here, cos every relationship is different. Just use these comments as a guide. Maybe (if u haven't already) you should talk to her and find out why she wants to go on a break, find out what her reasons are.

Hope this has helped mate.

Good Luck

Last month my girlfriend suggested we should go on a break, i didn't see it coming, so i was extremely shocked and surprised. I was due to be going up to see her in 2 weeks time, so she suggested we went on a break until then. She said i wasn't aloud to contact her at all, otherwise the break wouldn't work. she even said that we could see other people, but we both had to promise that we wouldn't have sex. I felt gutted and still shocked, that first week made me feel so depressed, cos i was certain that it was over, (mailny cos thats why you go on a break). Come 2 days before i'm ment to go up to her's i send her text just to see if it's still ok to come up and that she still wanted me too. we were then talking again and it all seemed fine, we had a serious chat when i was with her.

She told me that she wanted the break cos she was feeling under alot of pressure at the time, cos of her exams and us being so far apart and not seeing each other very often, she also said she wanted to be certain of her feelings for me and be single to release the pressure of having a bf. She also told me that on the first night of being on a break, she cried her self to sleep, n she then realised that she really loves me.

It helped in a way, we both had time to look at things and see how we really felt about eachother. I'm not happy that we went on a break cos she knew that she wanted me straight away, where as iwas dredding the 2 weeks cos i thought it was us over. But i don't regret going on a break.

As for you mate, i guess it depends on how things have been going and she feels about you as to whether this is it, or if she truly just needs some time on her own. If you trust her and really think that things are going well for you until now, then more than likely i would say that ul be fine. But if things have been rocky recently and its been cos of her acting different, then i would say cut your losses and leave.

I wouldn't suggest going by what any of us have said on here, cos every relationship is different. Just use these comments as a guide. Maybe (if u haven't already) you should talk to her and find out why she wants to go on a break, find out what her reasons are.

Hope this has helped mate.

Good Luck

wow mate youve really got me thinking

im still talking to her now and basically its all my fault

ive got 3 maths A level exams in a month and i really dont need this

i think she wants her cake and eat it

i dunno though

Exams are more important mate.

More women out there.

Very true, even though harder to put into action.

i would say cut your losses and leave.

I thought it was 'count' not cut :S oh well I'm not to great with expressions, also '223_leeson' abit to much use of 'txt' talk?

P.s You make a VERY good point, so this guys advice is going to be very good, as he has experienced it.

Cheers,

Rorz.

EDIT: Reading through your post again, and there isn't that much 'txt' talk at all just the occasional slip, which probably came from too much msn? :P

Edited by RR_Trials

shes gorjus thats the problem aswell lol

oh well looks like its gonna end.

and yea that bat is nice be a pity with a bit of bubery (sp) coloured blood on it

Dude, don't give up unless YOU want to, its your choice, the comments people have given are just advice. A year is a serious relationship-ish, and if you feel that you love her DON'T GIVE UP.

Sounds like I'm contradicting my earlier statement but I'm not in away, i suppose what I'm trying to say is, if you love her keep her if not it isn't worth the pain etc.

Edited by RR_Trials

Basically, she doesn't have the balls to say she doesn't want to go out with you any more.

I think you got two choices, find a way to convince her she still wants to be with you, or call it a day.

Kind of agree, kind of don't. I've been through this, and a break helped a lot. It was rightly needed and didn't end the relationship.

If you want to be with each other, the break will make you both realise (or her, if you don't need it).

It doesn't just mean she wants to shag someone else, it often means (and did in my case) that you need a little space and don't want to see each other every night or whatever. Like, it's just a bit full on and you want some time to just sit there and do f**k all and not speak to anyone and be happy with a rest!

If you want to be with her, you gotta respect her saying whats needed. She could genuinly think it might help and is trying to save the relationship.

My break helped a lot and made us appreciate each other a lot more.

At the end of the day though, you can't force anything, so talk talk talk talk and talk more to understand what the scorew is.

Good luck man, keep busy and you'll be reet (Y)

Bongo

Kind of agree, kind of don't. I've been through this, and a break helped a lot. It was rightly needed and didn't end the relationship.

If you want to be with each other, the break will make you both realise (or her, if you don't need it).

It doesn't just mean she wants to shag someone else, it often means (and did in my case) that you need a little space and don't want to see each other every night or whatever. Like, it's just a bit full on and you want some time to just sit there and do f**k all and not speak to anyone and be happy with a rest!

If you want to be with her, you gotta respect her saying whats needed. She could genuinly think it might help and is trying to save the relationship.

My break helped a lot and made us appreciate each other a lot more.

At the end of the day though, you can't force anything, so talk talk talk talk and talk more to understand what the scorew is.

Good luck man, keep busy and you'll be reet (Y)

Bongo

Cheers man that gives me alot to think about. All ive been doing the past few days is riding and school work.

I got to keep busy or I feel like shit.

imp sure I want to be with her but she just don’t trust me so that’s a bit poop

i am just giving her space and see. I am getting a load of mates telling me to move on because i am young and should be having fun I just don’t know