Monty 221pr With Repsol Orange Rims ;o)

monkeyseemonkeydo

Here's my ride since around December last year. Fairly standard 221Pr with Eno, KMC Kool, Hope Trial's, Onza sealed front hub, Monty Ti rear hub, powder coated rims in Repsol orange... ;) and Onza carbon bars. Also drilled a few inch holes in the bash 'cos I got bored in the workshop last week... Big shout out to Ads and Dave at TB for helping me out! Enjoy.

med_gallery_1823_7_16286.jpg

med_gallery_1823_7_31988.jpg

med_gallery_1823_7_114712.jpg

Dave

Edited by monkeyseemonkeydo

wouldn't drilling holes in your bash make it weaker?

Cheers for the comments guys! Yes, drilling holes does weaken the plate but not too much if you're careful about placement (look at the Echo ones which come pre drilled). What can I say- I was bored and in the middle of milling a bit of ally with an inch (might've been 25mm) cutter.

P.S. the rims are because I think the factory Montesa's look kinda sweet with the Repsol rims and decided the Monty would suit it too.

Bou2_Montesa_WEB.jpg

Dave

How much was it to powder coat those rims and were?

Rims were £10 each to sand blast and powder coat (2 thick coats) at Ferndown Powdercoatings. They did Dan Jones' frame in yellow for £20 too which I thought was very reasonable.

Dave

Edited by monkeyseemonkeydo