'new Earth' Found.

Dan6061

Click.

Heard it on the radio at work yesterday.

Be really weird to move planet, if that's even possible. Especially how there's similarities, such as water etc, but then the differences - Size, being able to it's sister planet from 'New Earth'.

Thought it'd make an interesting topic.

Anyone up for travelling 120,000,000,000,000 miles? :turned:

Hmm, I'm sceptical, how the fudge can they determine the planet's surface gravity?? Which btw (:P) "is probably around twice that of the Earth and the atmosphere could be similar to ours."

That's why I linked the News24 article, they don't publish quite so much tripe!

They can figure out its gravity by looking at the size and mass as well as orbit around its sun. Its do able. They haven't however discovered if it does have water or even "life", they just know its in the right region of space,as in its close enough to be warm but not to far away so its cold. They've only said "it could" support life. I'm talking about the actual astronomers here not the media, they've hyped it up a bit...

Hmm, I'm sceptical, how the fudge can they determine the planet's surface gravity?? Which btw (:P) "is probably around twice that of the Earth and the atmosphere could be similar to ours."

Isn't it 5x the mass, that means 5 times the gravity?

That was just quoted from the article - I've no idea to be honest.

So it's possible to figure out a planets pull with it's dimensions and dimensions of the sun (plus the orbit jazz)? Is gravity formulaeic in that way? I just thought it varied from planet to planet :S

The roughly know the mass, and they know the radius, so using: E=GM/R^2 one can calculate the value of th gravity, simple really.

If there is life on that planet, they'll be roughly twice as strong as us.

First dibs on killing something /a species!

The roughly know the mass, and they know the radius, so using: E=GM/R^2 one can calculate the value of th gravity, simple really.

If there is life on that planet, they'll be roughly twice as strong as us.

Ah thats great, be like Superman n` shit! (Y)

Edited by Concussion