Insurance Rebates...

BONGO

If i pay a years insurance on the first of June, in my impreza, lets say £1000. Then i buy a focus and sell the Impreza on the 2nd June and my insurance would be £500 on that, would the insurance company give me £500 back??? Or is it just credited to my next years renewal price or what??? (Becasue i might not neccesserily want to renew the next year, but move to another company...)

...Or do i simply lose the £500??

Thanks, John.

(sorry posting this in a new topic when there are various car thread, but i need an answer asap, then i will delete the thread...)

Some company's will have a fee.

My dad has just ended his on his focus mk 1.5 for an st, in this instance he just cancelled and he had a re bate and took a new quote with the company on his st.

Like I say.. some will have a fee for cancellation.

Masterquote I believe charge £75 as a rough idea..

Edited by ilukeee

If i pay a years insurance on the first of June, in my impreza, lets say £1000. Then i buy a focus and sell the Impreza on the 2nd June and my insurance would be £500 on that, would the insurance company give me £500 back??? Or is it just credited to my next years renewal price or what??? (Becasue i might not neccesserily want to renew the next year, but move to another company...)

...Or do i simply lose the £500??

Thanks, John.

(sorry posting this in a new topic when there are various car thread, but i need an answer asap, then i will delete the thread...)

Um when I drove the Fiesta to Mongolia I signed up for a years insurance (payable monthly). When I got back I canceled the insurance, and they gave me back the extra for the month I had paid for. That was with Direct Line.

They did say on the phone if I cancelled before the year was up they would charge me for an EXTRA month and let me go, turned out that wasn't the case though..

What you buying now then?

i'm gonna get a nice boring diesel focus, and an R6.

Going to wait for a while before i get a WRX. Bit dissapointed, but it's not gonna happen £££££££. My tax is in line with Range rover's etc in group G, which is going to be £400, tyre prices are scary at £100+ each, fuel is raping me daily with 20mpg max, and insurance isn't good lol. I think i'd just rather go sensible and have a bike for now too. It'll actually work out cheaper on a daily basis, with the bonus of a bike which is totally different to a car anyway innit.

Wanted a scoob for years though, still to this second i get excited thinking about it!! So no regrets!

I think there's only an admin fee if you change vehicles within the same policy. However, if you find that insurance is much cheaper elsewhere and want to cancel the insurance on the Scooby it tends to work on a sliding scale- if you're 3 months into a year policy you might get 60% back, 6months in get 35% back etc. That's how Bennetts do it with bikes anyhoo.

Dave

i'm gonna get a nice boring diesel focus, and an R6.

Nah, that's a sensible choice. Diesel's are great for doing long distances. I've done a good few thousand miles this year for personal use and it's so economical. Plus if I use it for work they pay 40p a mile so that works out good (do BT still pay that? My dad was saying he only got 24p or something).

And of course, you'll have the bike for blasting about on. I really want to get one, having seen Danny's, so might try and get my test done over the summer at some point.

slightly different note, If you want to cancel your policy they normally charge you.. If they cant insure you on the car you've just "bought" they wont charge to cancel it as its their fault...

So when you decide to cancel your policy, Remember... you just bought a buggati :P

(Guy on the phone to elephant told me that when I was insuring my pulsar.. heh... also got:

You're 20... hmm *sniggers*

You want to insure an import.... *snigger some more*

YOU'RE A STUDENT AND U WANT IT FOR LESS THAN £1000?

amusing... :D