Think I Won A Giant Turkey On Ebay Help (giant Trials Frame)

Mr_Ryan

thats just extremly old.

just tell me one thing, if it is not a trials frame WHAT exactly is it? what jump/XC/DH frame has a seat tube that small in diameter? what other bike runs a bash plate?

Personally you have not read the description correctly or looked at the frame. if anything that will be worth a fortune sometime. like someone else has said very retro, see you say your 26, and im 23 and iv never seen that one exactly but it cant be a "fake" no one could spray up a bike that well unless it came from a batch of giant bikes.

but the seattube gives it away that it deffinatly was intended on being a "trials" bike weather it be in 1988 or 2008. its just older than you anticipated.

Waynio.............................

thats just extremly old.

just tell me one thing, if it is not a trials frame WHAT exactly is it? what jump/XC/DH frame has a seat tube that small in diameter? what other bike runs a bash plate?

Personally you have not read the description correctly or looked at the frame. if anything that will be worth a fortune sometime. like someone else has said very retro, see you say your 26, and im 23 and iv never seen that one exactly but it cant be a "fake" no one could spray up a bike that well unless it came from a batch of giant bikes.

but the seattube gives it away that it deffinatly was intended on being a "trials" bike weather it be in 1988 or 2008. its just older than you anticipated.

Giant like many other companies often just get frames from a cheap factory overseas and stick their name on it. Nothing to say they just didnt have a random frame, sticker it up and then paint it just to see what it looked like. No way on earth is this a production bike as someone would of seen one.

It's to a risky a buy for me, but if you want to buy it instead of me I can forward your details as I'm deff not paying for it.

And yes I should of read the description more closely, but the link came from the famous Basildon lad Leon, but on bending his ear about it he admitted he to just skimmed over the page lol. Let me know if you want it as I'm sure the seller Won't care where the money comes from.

I think you won a giant turd (Y)

A turd would be more useful (Y) you can attach any old mech hangar to a turd

Wow that's one weird bike. Never seen it before.

Is it a mod?

Either way there's no way I'd spend £90 (inc postage) on it, you could get a good frame for that sort of money...

I have no idea, but someone mention it a few posts back!! Yet another reason not to hand over the money lol.

i saw it earlier on the bay, looks wierd in the fact it has vee and 4 bolt bosses, would be very hard to fake and not worth it but never seen one identical to this.

i still think you paid over the odds, but could make a nice bike, cut the seat tube right down, and get rid of the bash, get some nice high bars on there with loads of stackers, and front and rear vee's and it should be hawt

Yeah, that's definitely a mod frame- you can tell be the bashguard but also the brake mount positions. Can't remember Giant ever producing one though so it's either a proto one used just by someone on the team or some other random frame (which I can't identify although it looks a little like one of the old GT mods...) that has been sprayed up in Giant colours.

Dave

Yeah, that's definitely a mod frame- you can tell be the bashguard but also the brake mount positions. Can't remember Giant ever producing one though so it's either a proto one used just by someone on the team or some other random frame (which I can't identify although it looks a little like one of the old GT mods...) that has been sprayed up in Giant colours.

Dave

The mystery continues, but thanks for your input.

UPDATE

Seller got back to me saying that the dealer I asked (My mate) knows nothing and this is a geniune giant trials frame and I should of not bid (I agree) blah, blah, blah but will let me off

I don't have to buy it YAY.

I just said I'd never seen one before and having shown it to peps is it a mod bike? I apologised even though his email was rather anal. Anyone can sell Giant these days, not like they are fussy about who they deal with. Anyway sorted and thanks for anyone that took time to post

Giant like many other companies often just get frames from a cheap factory overseas and stick their name on it. Nothing to say they just didnt have a random frame, sticker it up and then paint it just to see what it looked like. No way on earth is this a production bike as someone would of seen one.

With these yellow giant frames, they only made 500 with this paint scheme. I personally own number 107. The LEGENDARY Mr Hawyes personally designed the frame, it may be old but it sure as hell does the job.

The frame you bought is most definatly not an official giant. They NEVER made a frame in those colours with horizontal dropouts and a bash guard. That is a cheap BMX frame with the giant colours and a crudely mounted bash guard on it. You are right, It certainly isn't a production bike

thats just extremly old.

i disagree its definetly a fake, its the old colour scheme with 4 bolt mounts, and my blue giant '05 frame doesn't even have those on it, and my old yellow one didn't either, maybe the sprayer does it for a living which is why it could be quite deceiving to glance at. and value wise, i'd say about 2p

I'm just getting my bike sorted, but once I'm up and about I'll give you a shout.

Ive got a snapped / cracked saracen 2six in my garage you could have, if your any good at welding or knew anyone who could spend a lil while on it, it could get running again, very streety loike

Ive got a snapped / cracked saracen 2six in my garage you could have, if your any good at welding or knew anyone who could spend a lil while on it, it could get running again, very streety loike

Thanks for the offer, but got a snapped onza and another on it's last legs. I just want to get a nice shiny new toy built.

Here is a propper Giant trials team bike.

post-8069-1179854720_thumb.jpg

every one who rides it seems to be able to make it do the biz, appart from me.

PM me if you are interested in her.

JP (Y)

Edited by robster