What Is Your Worst Worry With Trials?

THE WORST THING IV DONE IS A 7 FT GAP TO FRONT WHEEL AND LANDED IT SQUARE ON THE EDGE THE FRONT WHEEL GAVE IN AND SPOKES SHARDED OF AND STABBED ME IN THE SHIN!!! I HAVE THREE NICE PUNCTURE MARKS TO PROVE FOR IT. SO THATS PROBABLY MY TRIALS NIGHTMARE ... EVERY TIME I DO A GAP TO THE FRONT WHEEL IT GOES THROUGH MY MIND.

CHEERS GUYS

JAMIE

. DANNY MACASKIL IS A GOD.

I don't really think i do worry a lot. I might not like something, but i don't worry about it. Worrying implies i think about something negatively too much, when i don't. I either can or can't do it and thats that.

Chain snaps on big drop gaps aren't too bad. I've had plenty and so long as you don't tense up and kind of just 'roll with it' so to speak you won't hurt yourself.

Brake slippages... well, i've had my fair share of those too... type krisboats on youtube and you'll see quite a good'un.

I don't like heights though, but then i like to force myself to overcome them so its swings and roundabouts really. I guess the thing i dislike about trials is the way its so damn hard first thing on a saturday morning after a night out in town the night before.

ive done front wheel gaps plenty but still feel uncomfortable doing them, i would have thought your forks would have gave in before your wheel jamie

Hi yes forks have been a problem for me in the past!!! When i was learning hooks i was going through a pair a month.

But i am running a pair of old skool handsome dog forks which seem to be absolutely bomb proof!!!

• 1 year later...

I dont worry much about anything.. but what annoys me the most is:

- Pedals thrashing my shins.. shinguards will be bought soon :)

- Chain breaking, even though im not doing huge drops n stuff. (happened once this summer)

- Parts breaking... Its not really the cost issue, but more the delivery times for items, since I cant just go down to the closest bikeshop buying i.e. a new mech hanger. (snapped quite a few, and yesterday My front rotor got totally busted)

Have a nice day! :D

definitely chain sanapping and break slipping

also free hubs. the moment when your freehub breaks and you are going with your head directly where you where suppoused to land on you rear wheel

lol happened twice

once my helm saved my head

the second one i barely break my balls lol

good luck guys :P

Gapping to front missing and smashing my teeth in. I shiver every time i think about it.

Ditto, though I prefer gapping to back, my biggest fear is my chain snapping. Know matter what your doing, when your chain snaps the only place your going is down and fast.

Scares the hell out of me when doing drops or gaps.

So far, my worst fear regarding trials is forever being stuck flailing about like a total spaz and never progressing.

As soon as I get to a point where I'm busting a fork or chains or running my face into the edge of a brick wall, I'll reassess and update this post based on the pain/fear/broken things received from said grievous injury.