Leveling Unevenly Worn Pads - Quick Advice Needed

Phil H

I've got a pair of Joy pads which are preety unevenly worn but still have alot of pad left to play around with.

Whats the best way to even them? I'm currently trying sandpaper - doesn't seem to efficient.

cheers,Phil

Whack it in a vice and get an angle grinder and grind off the highest bits, do it slowly and carfully because you only want to take the highest bits off.

When it's near enough level with the lowest bit of worn pad, just grab a file and draw file it, which is to put the file horizontal to the pad and file away by holding each end of the file, this will flatten it off properly, and you can even emery paper it down a bit if you need to after that.

Phil.

Whack it in a vice and get an angle grinder and grind off the highest bits, do it slowly and carfully because you only want to take the highest bits off.

When it's near enough level with the lowest bit of worn pad, just grab a file and draw file it, which is to put the file horizontal to the pad and file away by holding each end of the file, this will flatten it off properly, and you can even emery paper it down a bit if you need to after that.

Phil.

Cheers. Angle grinder isn't an option so im going to have to go for the file straight off.

Phil

Cheers. Angle grinder isn't an option so im going to have to go for the file straight off.

Phil

File away normaly to get the high bits off then, but make sure you draw file to get it flat, you can also wrap your emery paper around the file when your draw filing if your file isn't up to scratch.

Phil.

grinder ***

p.s im joking, it will ruin the pad compound (in my experiences)

I was going to suggest that, glad you said that it damages the compound as that heplped me lol. I had some koxx greens which worked well but after a while, went unlevel, I used a bench grinder to level them and they were crap after that! lol so don't use that...

A stanley maybe? Or a file...?

CJ.. (Y)

I used the angle grinder on monty orange, heatsink blue, and plaz pads, worked fine.

I can see how it could wrecked the compound if too much heat is generated.

Yep, worked fine for me with ali-c pads, plazzies, cousts, koxx yellows, and rimjam v3's. Turn the grinder on and push them on the side of the blade.

If anything, they were heaps better after using the grinder.