21.9lbs Echo Control

UrbanLegend

Well, finally finished my stock after a brief period of madness riding mod... So glad to be back on big wheels!

Couple of pics first of all...

post-294-1181136830_thumb.jpgpost-294-1181136858_thumb.jpgpost-294-1181136880_thumb.jpg

Little spec...

'04 Short Control.

'07 Urbans.

King headset.

Original best of the best high rise Zoo bars, Thomson Stem (with 6x Titanium bolts), full Carbon Fibre topcap and spacer, Ritchey WCS Foams.

Hope Pro2 front on Mavic X317 Disc rim, Titanium QR, Tryall tyre, Latex tube.

Hope Pro2 rear (with Titanium bolts) on Alex DX32, Maxxis Minion Single Ply, with home-made tubeless ;).

HS33 rear, Rock blue's, modified Shimano XTR Carbon booster (the best), Titanium bolts for caliper and lever.

Hope Mono Trial front, Titanium rotor and lever bolts.

Tensile Urban Legend cranks, modified GU bash to fit, FSA Platinum DH with Titanium crank bolts.

Wellgo MG-1 Magnesium pedals.

Kool chain, 74Kingz.

Total weight: 21.9 pounds complete. Measured at Mud Dock on proper scales, none of this bathroom malarky (bathroom scales indicate 20.5lbs).

Pretty damn chuffed with it, few other pimp bits to get like a carbon lever blade etc., but in no hurry as I'm enjoying floating up everything in sight!

Comments welcome :) (no I wouldn't rather black forks :P)

Cheers

SEXUAL. :o I really wanted to spray my 05 echo white or black and you've seem to done them both. Then I wanted an Ashton and you seemed to have one of those aswell. Im not telling you what frame Im actually going to get though.

EDIT: Where do you get all your money from? Your a Uni student, your meant to be in £gazzilion in debt.

Wanna give me some B)

Edited by kcchan

omfg!!!! your bike is gorgeous!!

love the white and pimp bits.. ti bolts do make a difference... very nice mate i luv it!!

only one thing, and this is being a bit of a willy really.. but i gotta do it,

MY BIKES STIL LIGHTER!!! 9.6:P rofl!!! yes on proper scales!!

how do you pinch a front wheel? do elaborate...

Generally landing on it with enough force behind it to compress the tyre enough to let the sidewalls of the rim trap the innertube and pierce it. Much in the same way you pinch the rear :P

Looks well nice. Proper smart.

Tubeless is so bloody funny, I had literally 8 "punctures" in a row on a silly gap to sharpish concrete, was actually putting small holes in the sidewall of my tyre... Latex pissed everywhere then sealed. Reckon I would have punctured a standard tube a few times (running silly low pressure), but it's so great not having to faff around fixing punctures! Only had issues on lairy gaps, been mint for sidehops and ups etc.

I love it - its cheating, but i love it....

oh and incidentally - the latex matches the colour of his frame on every gap - superb finishing detail.

OH YOU ABSOLUTE BUM!! I thought I would get in before you slammed down your tubeless bashing!! Damn you! At least I can gap forwards Captain Sideways :P