Modified Nationals 2007

Smo™

I went to Modified Nationals a couple weeks back and just had the time to upload some of the shots I took. As you can imagine there were some absolute shitters there but also some genuine cars (I was really pleased to see Eleanor made it). Enjoy.

modified3iu2.jpg

modified6ly3.jpg

modified5wl7.jpg

modified22uo7.jpg

modified2qr5.jpg

modified4ph8.jpg

modified7hs3.jpg

modified8rf4.jpg

modified9fr1.jpg

modified10ah8.jpg

modified11kb5.jpg

modified12de5.jpg

modified13ln6.jpg

modified14xv8.jpg

modified1hw4.jpg

modified18uz1.jpg

modified19pr8.jpg

modified20wp3.jpg

modified17xg8.jpg

modified21hz3.jpg

And a very nakered, caffiene-fulled thumb up from yours truly.

modified23dp6.jpg

Regognise a couple of the cars there.

Green mini was at no-rice last month, don't like the interior myself, but very cean car.

And that brown saxo- hes got a project thread on E38, seriously good car.

What the hell is that?

modified13ln6.jpg

Looks like a heavily modded morgan

I thought it might be, then i started wondering if it was a more mainstream car with serious body work, and new front end. The headlights look very BMW MINI to me, and the door kinda look like they were origonall sqaure, and the curve to match the wing has been cut and welded.

The black and white Civic was on the Autoglym stand at JTS, fooking awesome car, and mostly carbon from what i remember. :)

That Morgan thing is actually one car as far as i'm aware, there was a thread about it somewhere.

I think the big give away was the wheelbase and the roof line.

I think the big give away was the wheelbase and the roof line.

yeah, i spent about half an hour on google images trying to think of cars with that shape rear quater/door galss, then check where the wheels were! still didnt find it lol.

looked at new beetle, audi TT, new astra, bmw 3 series, then couldnt think of anymore.

that saxo is chandlers, he has a green mkII doesnt he? Im sure Noyce will correct me if im wrong.

Smo, did you not see the red 106 gti running TB's @ 180 bhp plus a 50 shot of NOS?

It has gun metal cyclone wheels.

Vaguely dude, I remember seeing the bodies but not the NOS!

Most of those cars look f**king ridiculous. Chav heaven or what. The only one nice there is the Shelby GT. IMO

Will.

I'm with stupid him ^^... The Shelby (and possibly the mini, can't tell from the engine only shot) are the only things there of interest. I'm doubting there's more than 1% Morgan in that monstrosity... if any at all. Looks like it's based on a Ford Granada or something equally lame!

Dave

edit: this coming from someone who drives a 2003 silver Nissan Almera 1.5... HELL YEA!! :P

Edited by monkeyseemonkeydo

Hardly lame when you consider how much hard work, effort, dedication, money, time and love goes into creating something that unique. A fiesta with a bodykit is another matter.

But unique doesn't necessarily mean better, or even nice... there's obviously been a hell of a lot of work put in to make it look like that but I just don't know why anyone would bother when it ends up looking like that. It's a wannabe lowrider (best pic I could find),

ST5076~Lowrider-Posters.jpg

Without the looks or class (possibly wrong word there) of an American custom jobbie. The roof line looks like an old style Vauxhall cavalier... Ah well, I'm sure he loves it very much and more than likely never drives it anywhere (Y).

Dave

edit: something a bit closer to what I was looking for chevy39-9-14.jpg

Edited by monkeyseemonkeydo

I would hate to drive anything like that.

Does it matter if that car is like 3 diffrent cars put together or what ever it is... they have converted a "cavalier" to a good looking car (well, i hate that style...)

Well preffer the euro styling or jap tech :)

They're not made to be driven though are they, purely for 'artistic value'...which means they should look really special which I don't think that does. All the details are there and nice on their own, but the car as a whole just doesn't work IMO. It doesn't matter that it's however many cars either- it still looks wrong. Best description I can think of is 'close but not quite'.

Dave

that saxo is chandlers, he has a green mkII doesnt he? Im sure Noyce will correct me if im wrong.

Smo, did you not see the red 106 gti running TB's @ 180 bhp plus a 50 shot of NOS?

It has gun metal cyclone wheels.

The brown saxo on the Schmidt rims? That would be bens car, used to work for redline now moved to Fast Car (N)