Zhi Spy Pics

Luke Rainbird

Third down looks just like a Gu Le.

Actually, like others said, most of them look like copys.

If they ride as well as the frames they look like, and arent as expensive, they might be on to a winner!

As long as the paint jobs arent too bad.

Owen

You complain that there isn't enough trials frames and different geometries, and you complain when you see something new thats adding to the whole foundation of trials with new components. Not really aimed at anyone but it does annoy me sometimes...

I hppe you don't mind, Fred. I figured that since they were up on the web it would probably be ok, but if you'd prefer I can remove the images?

First one looks much like my old Control (which is a good thing, by the way)

As usual, vee mounts and decent geo would make it - though the hose guides are in a very silly place surely?

You complain that there isn't enough trials frames and different geometries, and you complain when you see something new thats adding to the whole foundation of trials with new components. Not really aimed at anyone but it does annoy me sometimes...

Fair point.

I just think if they made a cheaper version of good frames, they may be onto a winner. As if they try anything drastic, they may put people off, as at first, noone will know how it rides, and some may not be willing to take the risk. (if you get what i mean).

Owen

First of all, there are plenty of trials companies. Second, I don't think ZHI is trying to change things up, help the sport, or bring out anything innovative. They're just stealing designs from other company's to try make a quick buck.

I hppe you don't mind, Fred. I figured that since they were up on the web it would probably be ok, but if you'd prefer I can remove the images?

First one looks much like my old Control (which is a good thing, by the way)

As usual, vee mounts and decent geo would make it - though the hose guides are in a very silly place surely?

No problem at all, pleased you have seen them!

Thanks for your post.

Fred.

First of all, there are plenty of trials companies. Second, I don't think ZHI is trying to change things up, help the sport, or bring out anything innovative. They're just stealing designs from other company's to try make a quick buck.

Please try not to slate too much - they're still decent frames if the old series are anything to go by, and have had some original designs and ideas. There are only so many ways of joining a few points on a bike with an individual look and functionality at the end of the day

So, Fred, 1065/385/+15/72 with vee mounts and corrected guides then, yeah?

I'd get the matching forks of course :rolleyes:

That Bionic stem just looks too much like a stock catalogue stem they've cut the hell out of. Just looks weird.

Hopefully the quality of that Bionic frame's going to be higher on the production models, right?

My thinking.

You can compare these frames to so many others :mellow: