London Cycle Show 2008

Joe@Onza

Hi Guys,

Just to let you know we have been working on creating a BMX / Trials Arena for the London 2008 show. We have 1000 SQ meters to play with and have some of the best riders there to display their talents. The show starts next Friday 10th Oct till Sunday 12th. We have the usual 10 foot concrete pipes and railway sleepers for the trials riders and built the very first transportable BMX park. The park includes a 1/4 pipe, a jump box, a Volcanoe, A flat bank and a curved wall ride. So this appeals to to both sets of riders. Positive comments from some of the UK's best BMX riders have given us the confidence that this willl be the spectical of the show. With the likes of Danny Mac mixing the 2 sports together make sure you dont miss it.

I'll pop some photo's of the rig up tomorrow.

Riders include:

Andrei Burton

Waynio

Joe Seddon

Danny Mac

John Shrewsbury

Martyn Ashton

Sam Pilgrim

Chris Smith "Mole"

Bob Manchester

Matt Priest

Scott Buchanan "STP"

Ryan Elkock

And many more............Should be the best show yet!!!!!!!!!

Is that list of riders confirmed, because the official cycleshow website does not confirm a fraction of the riders you've listed? Will there be a novice/immediate course for us to ride on providing we wear helmets, or are we spectators because of insurance/health & safety reasons?

Edited by Rusevelt

Im there with Martyn Sam and Ben :)

Sorry Rowan, The show just said Sam and Martyn. They have invited some riders and we have. Looking forward to seeing you. here's some pics of us testing some of the course out the back of the Onza factory.

Edited by Joe@Onza

Anyone can ride the MAD test track on one of their bikes.

That's correct. From what I'm aware we will have a no of all 3 of the Phase bikes range for the public to ride on our test track. With us (MAD rider's) giving coaching aswell as brief demos throughout each day of the event.

The main idea is to give the general public a taste of bike trials. There will hopefully be atleast to route's for people to try. One for beginner's who are new to the sport and another for people who are more experienced in the sport.

This will be my first time at the event, so I'm really looking forward to it. Should be a great experience, and alot of hard work.

never actually tried it myself...there is a huge car park opposite earls court which does probably cost a bit (can probably look that up somewhere)..but alot of the streets around there are residents parking only..except at weekends..so you could be alright!

I checked that parking out and they're after £17 :S. Sod that.

Anyone else have any ideas on a reasonably cheap way of parking all day?