19 Photos From Today At Birchwood

AdamR28

Hello all,

Went out for a bit of ride this afternoon with Stan, went to somewhere we've not been for a while and had a good ride! May go back this week for some more photo action...

Anyway, here goes, thanks to Stan for the photos of me :)

Stan Frenchie from the walkway

stan1.jpg

Gap

stan2.jpg

Gap parte deux

stan3.jpg

Up to front from the walkway

stan4.jpg

Rolling gap over the water

stan5.jpg

And back again with comedy mid-gap lift

stan6.jpg

Up to front from rock in the bottom of the picture

stan7.jpg

Wodge

stan8.jpg

And up to rear

stan9.jpg

Gap to Frenchie sequence

stan10.jpg

stan11.jpg

stan12.jpg

Random close=up

stan13.jpg

Gap up to...

adam1.jpg

Frenchie

adam2.jpg

Gap (love this one, cheers Stan!)

adam3.jpg

Rolling gap to pavement then Frenchie and supreme gurn

adam4.jpg

Setting up...

adam5.jpg

And over (was chuffed with this, not done it before)

adam6.jpg

In related news: Loving the new frame, 2XU Compression top is made of win! (Full 'reviews' of both when I have time.)

Cheers,

Adam

Rolling gap over the water

stan5.jpg

And back again with comedy mid-gap lift

stan6.jpg

F*ck me thats hyooowwwgeee!

You need to bring out a couple of videos of you lot!

I wish it was actualy dry up in kendal :( i need to get out on my bike.

Get some new wallpapers up on tarty! :P

Edited by ginger allen echo

Wow, the photos did come out well :)

Was a really good ride, we also found some new street which was cool and we both pulled lots of new lines.

My personal faves are the widescreen watergap and the one i took of Ads in full gap tweak mode.

Will try and take the video cam next time...

And:

Benefits of 2XU Compression Clothing

- Improved circulation: Graduated compression of the limbs actively encourages and increases blood return to the heart and lymph cells to the lymph nodes. This decreases your warm-up time and keeps blood flowing even when you stop (such as waiting at a competition), regulating body temperature to ensure optimal comfort in both hot and cold conditions.

- Improved recovery: Therapeutic rated fabric provides greater pressure and recovery benefit by helping the pumping action of the whole cardiovascular system; also removing lactic acid from the muscles leading to faster muscle repair after exercise. This means you are able to ride/train more frequently.

- Reduced fatigue: During exercise, your muscles are subjected to forces which make them vibrate (such as jumping off the bike during a failed move); this is called muscle oscillation and is a major cause of fatigue. Muscle oscillation can be reduced by compression clothing as it holds the muscles in place, leading to increased endurance, strength and power. Keep riding harder for longer!

- Heightened agility: Proprioception is the body's sense of relative position with other parts of the body, and is extremely important to accuracy, stability and agility. Proprioception can also help with improving technique as you are made more aware of your body's positioning, improving your balance and co-ordination.

- Reduced damage: The muscle containment properties provided by 2XU Compression Clothing help to reduce muscle damage during exercise and therefore swelling and soreness post-exercise. DOMS (Delayed Onset Muscle Soreness, where you are sore a day or two after hard exercise) can also be significantly reduced in both severity and duration by this clothing, allowing you to ride/train more frequently.