What Tnn Pads Should I Get :/

MedwayRider

Im not sure if id recomend tnn. The greens sound epic and have such a good bite however they do tend too let you down on taps and such moves ( slip back) The blue ones again work not bad however the bites pretty poor and dont do much in the wet weather even with a little water on the rim's. also both pads eat grinds.

Phat works is where its at if you want value for money I.e. long lasting pads, long lasting grinds, good hold and bite, all weather pad's. cant go wrong.

TNN beleays are terrible. My uncle had them on for 3 days, the hold was okay but it felt like the brake was just going to fail and there was no sound or bite. LGM's I have never tried although some people say they are good some say there bad. IMO, TNN is not the best pad out there, and for £30 you would expect better than phatpads or HS yellows but no....

Heatsink yellows or the new phat pads seem good. Not TNN. Unless used with tar.

Im not sure if id recomend tnn. The greens sound epic and have such a good bite however they do tend too let you down on taps and such moves ( slip back) The blue ones again work not bad however the bites pretty poor and dont do much in the wet weather even with a little water on the rim's. also both pads eat grinds.

Phat works is where its at if you want value for money I.e. long lasting pads, long lasting grinds, good hold and bite, all weather pad's. cant go wrong.

couldn't disagree more.

I have just been using Phat material (didn't have any tnn pads) and have just swapped to LGM material on the same bike, same brake, same grind, so I had a direct comparison.

The Phatpad material is great for bite, the grind I had was very light and I was surprised by how loud the brake was. The hold was pretty poor though, it would slip through unless I pulled extra hard, this has been my experience every time I have used that compound (and also the reason why I love it for vee brakes).

When I put the LGM pads on (as I said, same grind etc) the bite was also very good, possibly better than the Phats but the hold was noticeably better, the brake honked both forwards and backwards rather than a honk forwards but a "whooosh" backwards on the Phats. I found both compounds work well in the wet too.

TNN beleays are terrible. My uncle had them on for 3 days, the hold was okay but it felt like the brake was just going to fail and there was no sound or bite. LGM's I have never tried although some people say they are good some say there bad. IMO, TNN is not the best pad out there, and for £30 you would expect better than phatpads or HS yellows but no....

Heatsink yellows or the new phat pads seem good. Not TNN. Unless used with tar.

i love my belaeys ! they're amazing in dry ! no sound though.. ( no grind though)

in wet they are pretty good !

im sure when i grind my rim soon they will be amazing in wet aswell !

bite is amazing none the less !

couldn't disagree more.

I have just been using Phat material (didn't have any tnn pads) and have just swapped to LGM material on the same bike, same brake, same grind, so I had a direct comparison.

The Phatpad material is great for bite, the grind I had was very light and I was surprised by how loud the brake was. The hold was pretty poor though, it would slip through unless I pulled extra hard, this has been my experience every time I have used that compound (and also the reason why I love it for vee brakes).

When I put the LGM pads on (as I said, same grind etc) the bite was also very good, possibly better than the Phats but the hold was noticeably better, the brake honked both forwards and backwards rather than a honk forwards but a "whooosh" backwards on the Phats. I found both compounds work well in the wet too.

Have too hold my hands up wasent aware phat had changed the compound, I've just moved back onto some old phat I had from years back. . .

How come you stopped making your pad's? yours used too rock.....

i love my belaeys ! they're amazing in dry ! no sound though.. ( no grind though)

in wet they are pretty good !

im sure when i grind my rim soon they will be amazing in wet aswell !

bite is amazing none the less !

Well my uncle put a fresh grind on it too and didnt improve it whatsoever. He litteraly got so annoyed with them he changed them mid-ride yesterday lol

Have too hold my hands up wasent aware phat had changed the compound, I've just moved back onto some old phat I had from years back. . .

How come you stopped making your pad's? yours used too rock.....

I was talking about the same material you used.

There are reasons

TNN beleays are terrible. My uncle had them on for 3 days, the hold was okay but it felt like the brake was just going to fail and there was no sound or bite.

Mine were like this for a while, it will have been due to, a dull grind, or contamination. Tyre grime can make these pads lose performance hugely, he would have needed to clean the rim or ideally give it a fresh deep grind and the pads would have bedded in instantly. I'm using them at the moment and they are great, they can be a bit annoying as they get contaminated so easily, but great bite and hold all round. I would still say rockpads are better though.

let's put it another way.

When working at Tarty, I had nearly all the pads in the market at my disposal, I have tried pretty much everything out there. when it came to get a pad sponsor It just had to be TNN! Before I was sponsored by them, they were my choice of pads. I could have gotten any pads at Tarty for next to nothing but I still chose to spend more and get the TNNs. I even chose not to run the material I used to get from the states for next to nothing (worked out at around 18p a pad) which is the same as Phatpads as I would rather pay more for the TNNs.

So yeah, if you still think the pads you are running are good.....they are not as good as TNN pads.

let's put it another way.

When working at Tarty, I had nearly all the pads in the market at my disposal, I have tried pretty much everything out there. when it came to get a pad sponsor It just had to be TNN! Before I was sponsored by them, they were my choice of pads. I could have gotten any pads at Tarty for next to nothing but I still chose to spend more and get the TNNs. I even chose not to run the material I used to get from the states for next to nothing (worked out at around 18p a pad) which is the same as Phatpads as I would rather pay more for the TNNs.

So yeah, if you still think the pads you are running are good.....they are not as good as TNN pads.

each too there own.