New Inspired Skye?

BJ.

It's 'new' in a sense, although he's been testing that new frame for a fair while now. There were a couple of photos that got posted up on here before showing it a bit.

New brakes certainly stand out :P

It looks really solid. tubing is a fair size.

It makes my wallet weep just looking at it though. it certainly doesn't look cheap. :giggle:

I bet those Magura rub a lot on the rotors, if Magura doesn't resolve this ( plus bleeding process ), they will not sell them to any trials rider without a loud hub on the back to camuflage the noise the rubbing will make.

So the MT7s are rocking (pun intended) 4 separate brake pads. I can’t thing ok of any advantages this could bring to a trials brake??

Because the pads are all seperate, it allows all pads to touch square. As it is now with 2 long pads not every piston moves the same. The 4 pads takes out any inconsistency.

Not sure how it helps in a trials brake, I know it's heaps nicer in a sports bike brake.

Time will tell if it's better.

How does a Skye ride? as doesn't it have the shortest wheelbase out of all the Inspired bikes so wouldn't that mean it's the most 'streety' even compared to the Arcade? anyone ridden one?

That's not *quite* how the geo works when the two are compared. The Skye is shortest, but the Arcade has a shorter rear end by nearly 20mm, higher bb and steeper head angle making it the streetier of the two. There's only 10mm in the wheelbase and 20mm in terms of reach, so it's pretty similar in that respect.

The Skyes i've ridden have always felt tiny but that could just be down to individual set up and stem choice (the last one I rode had a 70mm stem on so was pretty tight)

One can buy these hydroformed tubings from many Taiwanese and Chinese factories, even for smaller production runs (few hundred) at a reasonable price.

It's a matter of getting the right model. Most are fairly thin, but if the cross-section at the ends is designed properly,

they will endure trials use (see Koxx Kloud). The Skye proto above looks promising in that area, not perfect, but very reasonable.

Probably they have even used a thicker downhill tube here.

Far more interesting: Is this a picture of the first tapered fork for Street Trials?

Edited by stirlingpowers