2012 Brakeless Fourplay

isitafox

Finally got my bike built up, running brakeless for now until I can afford some MT7'S (missed a set on ebay the other day for £120!).

Build is 2012 Fourplay frame, Team forks, @Dman's old blue Hope wheelbuilds and Raceface cranks (22-16), Chris King headset,Trialtech high rise bars and Echo TR pedals. 

IMG_20160124_140416.thumb.jpg.fc2962ec46

IMG_20160124_140424.thumb.jpg.8951129039

IMG_20160124_140433.thumb.jpg.a62cdffac5

Feels good to be back on one! 

• Like 5

4 hours ago, jeff costello said:

no way! the blue-white combo is way underrated

k7z16sp.jpg

If you took that extra link out of your chain your tensioner would probably work way better and be less prone to getting mangled on sidehops-gone-bad :P

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Paperclip said:

I can't work out if I like the forks or not, if it was mine I would have chosen black. Jeff you photo made my eyes bleed. The rest is looking really cool apart from your seat post/clamp seems to draw unnecessary attention to itself. 

Yeah I plan on changing the clamp and post at the least, might spray the forks yet as I've got some black left over from doing the badges on my car. 

@Mark Wbit random but looked at that pic of your old red Fourplay and I'm pretty sure the pedals on this are the same ones. Everyone seemed to moan about snapping TR platforms but these must have seen service on at least 7 bikes over the last 5-6 years! 

8 hours ago, Mark W said:

If you took that extra link out of your chain your tensioner would probably work way better and be less prone to getting mangled on sidehops-gone-bad :P

:)
i was expecting that. to my defence: it's not that bad and i think the pic was taken when i got a new rear hub and wasn't sure on the cog yet.
still my favourite color combo.

Edited by jeff costello

6 hours ago, isitafox said:

Yeah I plan on changing the clamp and post at the least, might spray the forks yet as I've got some black left over from doing the badges on my car. 

@Mark Wbit random but looked at that pic of your old red Fourplay and I'm pretty sure the pedals on this are the same ones. Everyone seemed to moan about snapping TR platforms but these must have seen service on at least 7 bikes over the last 5-6 years! 

"Same ones" in that you bought them from me?  If so, that's cool (Y) They're pretty good pedals in fairness, I know a few people broke the axles but when they worked they worked really well.  Nice and grippy too.  Bike looks cool btw, good to see you got something sorted :)

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/24/2016 at 9:38 PM, Paperclip said:

I can't work out if I like the forks or not, if it was mine I would have chosen black. Jeff you photo made my eyes bleed. The rest is looking really cool apart from your seat post/clamp seems to draw unnecessary attention to itself. 

Black post and clamp is now on the way as is a rear brake, got both 180 and 203mm discs available so will have a think what is gonna be best to fit. Might spray the forks as well if I get time.