Foreign Trials Shops = Very Cheap

N Roach

i got my 1st bike from there many years ago, thought it was cheap as hell

untill it hit the uk customs that is..

i got charged tax, customs fees and i also got charged a holding fee! ended up been the same if not more than what it would of been here in the UK

Guess that is a case of "hit the nail right on the head".

Is there no way around it, dont aspire put a false price on the goods for you if you buy kings from them so you can avoid tax?

Yes but there's a huge fine if you're caught and are dealing with a nasty customs officer.

Aspire put down $20 value on a pair of hubs i bought from them about 2 years ago, personally i think it's a bit dodgy as the set was worth about 600USD.

As far as I know there aren't many trials shops that you can walk into on this side of the pond, there are very few trials specific shops in the states period. And it 's slim pickin's at best.

So if you buy anything out side of Europe you have to pay an import tax? Is it based on a monetary value or a per item basis? If you were sent it as a gift do you have to pay a tax?

As far as I know we don't have to pay any duties for item we buy from abroad, it's just the shipping cost that becomes prohibitive.

At least you all have some decent shops to go to... man what I wouldn't do to have a Tarty bikes near by.

Ehm, only certain stuff will be cheaper as most trials parts actually come from Europe anyhow. For example a Hope Pro II hub is 300$ CAN wich is actually much more than what you pay for, in quids, but say a ENO trials freewheel is about 100$ CAN - maybe that is worth it, after customs and everything...

100$ CAN is 46 £, and the freewheel sells for 70 on tarty, I'm pretty sure that, that would end up being less costly, but I'm pretty sure that's one of the few items that would cost less. As it being a specialty item, even here in Northern American, it probably needs to go through a few distributors before it gets to the UK...

erm i found this shop its not on the other side of the pond its in europe latvia i believe this is a very cheap site thinkin of buying a frame from the but i would like to know how much tax etc would be and would it be worth it

www.trialpart.lv

erm i found this shop its not on the other side of the pond its in europe latvia i believe this is a very cheap site thinkin of buying a frame from the but i would like to know how much tax etc would be and would it be worth it

www.trialpart.lv

The chances are it will work out near enough the same or you may save a couple of quid, so really wouldnt be worth it. The only way to make it worth while is to get around the tax somehow, you could try and do this like aspire do by putting a different price on the goods or any other way that you can think of.

Customs/tax man will rob you blind....I live in the US and my Dad came to visit. Well he left his camera here so i thought i'd just mail it back to him. Customs hit him with about 50 quid in taxes on his own shit :blink:

Its funny cause if order stuff from the UK i get it VAT free and US customs doesnt charge any taxes. :rolleyes: