New Onza Frames

robonatomz

post-972-1186610594_thumb.jpgpost-972-1186610618_thumb.jpgnot sure on how to upload photo's so hope they have worked! the t rex is the same geo as the old t rex but with a hydo formed down tube, i been riding it a few months now and its prety solid no flex from pedaling, and no need for a brake booster.

post-972-1186611251_thumb.jpgpost-972-1186611290_thumb.jpg

the twenty inch is, brand new built today, danny b been riding it for an hour or so, it seems good, from what i can tell, its about 10 mm longer than a t pro, and the bb is higher, but i dont know exactly.

like i say hope the photo's work and please make any constructive comments.

o yer and if the photo's do magicaly apear on the screen, the quality aint amazing, i used my phone to take the photo's

rob

post-972-1186611238_thumb.jpg

post-972-1186611316_thumb.jpg

Edited by onzabob

The t rex is the same geo as the old t rex but with a hydo formed down tube, i beed riding it a few months now and its prety solid no flex from pedaling, and no need for a brake booster.

The old rex was stiff anyway, and it works better without a booster. Hate to sound boring but the old design was nicer, this looks like they've just hydroformed it for the sake of it.

All you needed to do with the rex's was make it 300g lighter, and give it 5 or 10mm bottom bracket rise.

well like i said, i took the photo's with my phone, i dont have a camera! sorry. they came out better than i expected anyway.

the rex geo is identical to the old one, the hydro down tube, just makes it look a little more moden and looses a bit of weight, dont get me wrong its still not the lightest of frames but we'r working on it.

i think the 0 bb height feels good, i changed from a +35 jb to this, and it feels much better.

all i can say about the 20" is man its low! top tube and down tube allmost toutch! lol il gat the geo later when i see mr b,

love you xx

Thanks rob, (See you up Fort William by the way)

Some one said earlier that it just looks like the old one with a hydroformed down tube, Well done, Your right.

We decided to give it a make over, Change the colour and down tube. The Rex is one of the toughest frames we ever produced, thats its attribute. Great for learning on because lets face it, You dink your bike a little more when your learning.

What Rob doesn't know or he might but didn't mention is that we have put it on a diet. Weights are not available yet but lets just say it will be tough with out such a weight penalty.

ALL PROTOTYPES ARE DONE IN BLACK, DOES NOT MEAN THAT IS THE FINAL COLOUR. IF I HEAR ONE MORE TIME THAT ITS A BETTER THEN THE REST OF THE RANGE I SHALL GET EVERY SINGLE MODEL DONE IN BLACK FOR CRYING OUT LOUD!

Just jesting ;)

Or is it gonna be black????

Thanks rob, (See you up Fort William by the way)

Some one said earlier that it just looks like the old one with a hydroformed down tube, Well done, Your right.

We decided to give it a make over, Change the colour and down tube. The Rex is one of the toughest frames we ever produced, thats its attribute. Great for learning on because lets face it, You dink your bike a little more when your learning.

What Rob doesn't know or he might but didn't mention is that we have put it on a diet. Weights are not available yet but lets just say it will be tough with out such a weight penalty.

ALL PROTOTYPES ARE DONE IN BLACK, DOES NOT MEAN THAT IS THE FINAL COLOUR. IF I HEAR ONE MORE TIME THAT ITS A BETTER THEN THE REST OF THE RANGE I SHALL GET EVERY SINGLE MODEL DONE IN BLACK FOR CRYING OUT LOUD!

Just jesting ;)

Or is it gonna be black????

paint them ALL black, the current trex. the tpro/ tcomp. all have awful paint jobs.

Nah, i said its the same as the old rex geometry wise but it just looks like you've hydroformed it for the sake of hydroforming it. There was nothing wrong with the old shape at all and i personally think the old one looked better.

Ok, New 26" range out soon =. Black, Pearl White, Blood red, Icy blue.

Now that DOES sound good. Much better than the kiddie flames the last one came with. I stripped mine to plain silver and it looks so much nicer, though if i end up getting zoo forks it'll be sprayed matt black or metallic charcoal/smoke. You just need to put on some interesting paint jobs really... the new koxx coust is a perfect example of it, awesome colour and interesting decals. If you guys went the same way decals wise and had interesting images on the new paint colours you'd be laughing as people handed over their cash.