New Onza Frames

robonatomz

Have you read what I said? It is a re-branded T-Rex with a Hyroformed down tube BUT lighter.

Why does it have to justify anything?

I love Onza, always so dimplomatic and understanding of peoples views towards their designs. Jesus you're a defensive company! Why do you put pictures up here? Surely people are allowed to pass judgement, not everyone is going to like what you do, but luckily enough will otherwise you're company wouldnt exist. I understand you are proud of your work and would defend it, just saying what i think.

I love Onza, always so dimplomatic and understanding of peoples views towards their designs. Jesus you're a defensive company! Why do you put pictures up here? Surely people are allowed to pass judgement, not everyone is going to like what you do, but luckily enough will otherwise you're company wouldnt exist. I understand you are proud of your work and would defend it, just saying what i think.

What was so defensive about it? I just agreed what you said and then asked why should we not be able to rename it? Sorry if I come across like that, Do not mean to. I only picked on your comment because your opinion didnt really spin true. Cheers anyway for your productive comments. Thats why we post on here, To find out what you guys think.

To be fair though, the cleaner is an awful name. I get where your coming from with it but it is bad. Its the sort of thing riders, if asked about their bike, would just say its an onza without telling people the name of the frame.

When you compare it to the other frames you've made... the T-Pro, T-Lite, T-Rex... they've all got positive names that are easily understandable, tell joe bloggs you've got a t-pro and they'll think its the pro version, tell them you've got a t-lite they'll think its super light etc. Have someone ask you why its called a cleaner and you have to explain about competitions, sections, point scoring systems and then finally the meaning of cleaning a section.

Compare it to other bikes as well. The echo control, zoo pitbull, zoo python, koxx hydroxx. They are all guy'ish names and ones that wouldn't need to be justified when asked about.... but the cleaner DOES give the mental image of a maid, that isn't going to change.

I know a name shouldn't matter but it does, it alters peoples first opinions on the product and its the first opinions that matter most. Isn't it something like you subconsciously decide within 6 seconds whether or not your going to buy it, despite maybe looking at it for a while.

If we're gonna bump out some names i'm putting forward:

The curve (based on downtube)

The blade (again based on downtube)

The onza Flight (reference to jumping far)

The beam (front looks like a plank of wood :P)

The brute (frames supposed to be strong yeah?)

The stealth (keep it matte black ;))

Edited by Krisboats

Thank you, See that is productive criticism, I like the names you came up with, want a job? Ha ha. But seriously Mike makes the names up here and thats the end of it, I've told him honest. What about the others Spirogyra, Hitman and Dual?

I thought about resurrecting the name Sting?

Cheers

My god that mod is nice! I won't one I won't one I won't one!!!!!!! (keep it black though) is it going 2 b the new t-mag? BTW, I had an idea the other day about doing a spec 2

t-bird. exactly the same as the 07 'bird but with maguras on the back & sell them 4 about £350?

Edited by CC12345678910

Thank you, See that is productive criticism, I like the names you came up with, want a job? Ha ha. But seriously Mike makes the names up here and thats the end of it, I've told him honest. What about the others Spirogyra, Hitman and Dual?

I thought about resurrecting the name Sting?

Cheers

Ha ha, yeah.. i'll be the assistant name interpretation analyst.

Hitman, Dual and Sting sound good but Spirogyra is a weird one, really weird. Its possibly slightly weirder than calling a frame Neutronium or Dysfunction >_<.

Yeah I like hitman, dual and sting.

Krisboats is right, I think you need a nice masculine name! (I know you might not think this will bode well with femle riders but just make a t-fairy :P [i jest])

I think it would be hilarious if you named the frames after people e.g the Onza Churchill :lol:

onza razz?

lol just a joke, being serious though guy's its a really strong frame, this year i broke 3 frames in 3 months untill i had this one just after the bike show, and its showing no sign of fatigue!

It does ride well, although the 0 bb took a bit of getting used to, i actually dont mind it now though. The lower centre of gravity makes it feel more stable and it helps when running at obstcals forwards because as you land on top a lower bb helps bring the front down,

In my opinion it looks cool in matte black but, i would like to see pearl wight too, i used to love my pearl wight t mag!

Hey joe, is my old t mag frame, (wight one with all signature's on it) still nocking round in the super cycles basement? lol retro!

rob

Onza Hitler? whitey pink colour with a tash on the headtube.

I liked my Rex, and I like the colour of my Woodstock now, which is an unusual name but still, make it that colour or white, or just fresh colours and make it light enough to be thrown but strong enough to withstand and your on a winner really, the T-Rex was a dreadful colour and weight but you did fine on that...

• 3 weeks later...

I forget his name i think its bango or something, he was at tyke trial on his proto mod i think its the one in the pic but im not sure seeing as onza did like 5 protos from the topic before. I had a chance to ride it but never did, wish i had now. The remodeled trex looks nice. I think for the mod it should come in 2 lenghts because personally im not a fan of long mods to much thats if it comes out at about 1030+ they are really hard to bunnyhop ect. I think you should do a short version of it with a wheelbase of about 1010.

As for the name it doesnt bother me to much. Someone said that people arnt going to buy things because of there name well chances are that they will now a days. People buy frames just going off looks and brand and dont consider geo at all.

I wouldn't say stuff over 1030mm WB on mod was that hard to bunnyhop? I bunnyhopped to backwheel a 52" wall on my Slinger proto (almost a year ago now, thinking about it :S), and that worked out as being around 1040, I think. Was around 1040, +55 BB or something along those lines. I ran quite a high front end on it though which may have helped I guess, but either way, that extra length on it made it better for virtually every other move.

I wouldn't say stuff over 1030mm WB on mod was that hard to bunnyhop? I bunnyhopped to backwheel a 52" wall on my Slinger proto (almost a year ago now, thinking about it :S), and that worked out as being around 1040, I think. Was around 1040, +55 BB or something along those lines. I ran quite a high front end on it though which may have helped I guess, but either way, that extra length on it made it better for virtually every other move.

I had a 1045 gu and i could bunnyhop that but it just wasnt any fun as it was a real task to do it.

I had a 1045 gu and i could bunnyhop that but it just wasnt any fun as it was a real task to do it.