Official Presentation Of Monty 221ti Kamel

omgnoseat

the geometry on the 2008 231 has the same chainstay length as the ones ive had hudson, the only factor being that the new one allows the use of snial cams with 5mm of wheelbase adjustment, the range is from 385mm to 390mm, at an optimum for chain tension it would ideally be set at around 387mm depending upon size of sprocket and chain wear etc

the old 231 has a chainstay length quoted of 390mm mine measure 386mm

so not much difference eh hudson? not so much of a step for chainstay length? i dont know why people have a problem with the length, my bike rides perfectly well with the longish stays, but then again im no where near good enough to be able to tell the difference in 5mm of length on the stays., not much else on the geo has chnaged really either, mainly aesthetics

looks great and i hope to get one

my view..........

ash

Well yeah i didn't take that into consideration the dropouts and i was thinking the chainstays are 385. I think 390 is alittle long and also im sure the bb is bigger this year at around +30? where as last year it was smaller at around 10 i think. Am i also correct in saying it is alittle longer the wheelbase at about 1085 this year. I think the frame will ride a fair bit better than last years but havn't rode one yet so cant comment really.

Looks horrible. it one of those bikes that you look at it and think "that will ride like a raleigh shopper" and i bet its weak as usual.

mike

Why do people still assume monty's are sooo weak. They are as strong as any other frame. the only reason the 2005 model snapped so easily is because it was not made to fit a profile/cassette back hub, but for 2006, this was adjusted.

Geo for 20" is

head angle: 71.5

chain stay: 364mm

bottom bracket 75mm

wheelbase: 1012mm

weight: 8.700kg

disk only though..

26" will have hs33 mounts and disk...

Id love the 20" but id kill a disk and dont want to sacrifice my king hub...

you havent got to, i ran my double disk monty with a back king :)

Well yeah i didn't take that into consideration the dropouts and i was thinking the chainstays are 385. I think 390 is alittle long and also im sure the bb is bigger this year at around +30? where as last year it was smaller at around 10 i think. Am i also correct in saying it is alittle longer the wheelbase at about 1085 this year. I think the frame will ride a fair bit better than last years but havn't rode one yet so cant comment really.

my wheelbase is around 1080mm and the bb rise is +20mm, not a million miles away from the new geometry..................................

the geometry aint that different at all. so how will it ride so much better? in fact i can probably ssay it will almost certainly ride the same, not like it matters much anyway

ash

i take what i said in a post above. the bikes RRP was £1800.00 last year. BUT they did alter the RRP in this country, VAT and import duty etc just ruins this country!!! :(

id hope that the pricing would be quite competative against other manufacturers, but they have deffinatly made a strong forward movement with the development of the 2008 bikes.

Wouldnt mind owning one of those 26" bikes :)

Wayne.

my wheelbase is around 1080mm and the bb rise is +20mm, not a million miles away from the new geometry..................................

the geometry aint that different at all. so how will it ride so much better? in fact i can probably ssay it will almost certainly ride the same, not like it matters much anyway

ash

Little alterations can go along way. Arrh well the frame will be way out of me price range.

by the looks of things they can't have a maggy as the crank would hit the caliper?

i think it looks as if it would ride really nice, can imagine it being responsive by the sound of the geometry.

anyone with rear disc, don't you ever catch it on failed sidehops??

No i sidehop to the left and when i miss it just hits the chainstays.

Adam :)

by the looks of things they can't have a maggy as the crank would hit the caliper?

i think it looks as if it would ride really nice, can imagine it being responsive by the sound of the geometry.

anyone with rear disc, don't you ever catch it on failed sidehops??

i found it physicly impossible to hit my disc, unless i lifted my bike and placed at a funny angle, which i couldnt possibly do when im sidehopping :S