Jamie Hibbard

Jonny Jones

Remember the legend that be Jamie Hibbard (ex staff writer for MBUK) ? To my utter surprise he's written a piece on the new Aston Martin DBS on TopGear.com - im guessing Future Publishing has something to do with Top Gear Magazine!? This is the bit that confuses me, but non the less have a look...

http://www.topgear.com/blogs/drives/115-aston-martin-dbs/

Remember the legend that be Jamie Hibbard (ex staff writer for MBUK) ? To my utter surprise he's written a piece on the new Aston Martin DBS on TopGear.com - im guessing Future Publishing has something to do with Top Gear Magazine!?

None whatsoever, as Top Gear is done by BBC Magazines (or BBC publishing, or whatever). Jamie was editor of Metal Hammer for a while, maybe he's just fancied a change? Good writer though...

And the addition of Doody!!

Unfortunately yes! He's on every bloody cover and theres f**k all in the mag now, which is why i stopped getting MBUK.

Yeah I remember him going over to Metal Hammer, so much so as I remember him being in an episode of a series that followed a limo hire company around, he hired a stretch hummer for some massive rock star and they were struggling to get it round some of London's roads. Saw Jamie and though yes leg-end.

"Hop hop hop, SNAP!.... Shiiiiiiiiiit! Hahaha, f**kin' ell that was mental!"

• 1 month later...

Bit of a bump no doubt, but, I received an email from Jamie Hibbard today. His sister was searching the net to find stuff he had written and came across this thread.

Jonny,

So, hi.

My sister was browsing the net for something I’d written to show her boss, and was very impressed with a thread you started on Trials-Forum, which she then pointed me to.

I have to say, I was very chuffed with the comments on there, so decided to write and say thanks. I joined the forum to post a thanks to you all, but for some reason it wouldn’t let me so I thought I’d mail you instead. If you could post my thanks up there for me then that would be awesome!

So’s you know how that came about, I got offered a job on Top Gear that, frankly, I couldn’t turn down so left the editorship of Metal Hammer, back in October. That DBS launch was the first trip I landed, two weeks after getting here!

So, all in all, pretty good.

Anyway, thank you again, and hopefully I’ll give you some more stuff to enjoy reading. Mail back if you have any questions etc.

All the best,

Jamie

I was blown away to have him get in touch, as the boy is nothing short of a leg-end. Best of luck to him for the future I say! Sick. B)

I guess he could do with being validated then :P

I can't do it unless he posts something in NMC. Tom/Danny probably can though.

He was a legend when I used to read MBUK. Saw him at the bike show once - he was smaller than my 13 year old self :P

And the addition of Doody!!

I f**king hate that chump, he was one of the reasons i stopped buying the magazine, why were/are there so many f**king articles/photos containing him? He's a pug faced gimp and his riding abilities are pretty bog standard...why do we want to pay to see that? After meeting him at the bikeshow (his first one i believe) my thoughts were furthermore reinforced, he was just such a tool!

Wow, that felt really good to get that out...

Mr Hibbard however, he was cool, the magazine was so much more interesting, and products actually got a bad review back then (although i suppose most things available now are pretty much faultless in comparison to back when i started), the magazine is not what it used to be and i doubt it'll ever gain that cool factor it had for me back when i liked it. I'm glad hes doing well, he deserves it :)

He's done alright for himself though, hasn't he? I mean, in ten years he's gone from MBUK to Top Gear (which I imagine is a pretty good job) via editing Metal Hammer.

But with the Doddy thing - I thought Doddy was pretty much the same character as Jamie anyway. Maybe just now we've all outgrown him?

Doddy-has his head so far up Chris Smiths arse he hasn't seen daylight for a while. Digging at the trails in Yeovil, we always used to see Jim Davage and Smith turn up, come over and say hi, give a hand etc then ride really well. Doddy-rolls up, rides over some of our unfinished work, cruises around and looks at us like scum, I said hi and he simply ignored me even though he was right next to me. Really made me think 'Just because you have bigger wheels than me you think you're it you c***. ' A fine example of all the gear but no idea!

Jamie Hibbard-great writer, I think everyone grows out of MBUK but it was good while I was young and impressionable.

Tom

A fine example of all the gear but no idea!

There was a free instructional DVD with MBUK a few months back, he presented a few of the sections. I laughed at his matching yellow jersey + glove combination. Then he rode through some puddles and up a slight incline. Whoa.