Recommend Me A Pc Game.

Boswell

You'd be surprised what you can get it to run on really.

I'm running it 1280x1024, then most stuff on low except for terrain and geometry (i think) which are on medium.

My spec is Pentium 4 3.0ghz, 1.5gb of mixed crappy ram, and a 7600gs. FPS is good enough to play the game. Thats all on Vista too.

Ive had the demo going with everything on medium on the work machine at a perfectly good frame rate (2.7 core 2 duo, 2gb, with a 256mb gf7900gs) it stuttered a lot while loading bits of level but I put that down to not having rebooted the machine in a fortnight and running max in the background.

Looks to me to be a pretyy scalable engine - like the hl2 one really, that'll run on virtually anything

On the Crysis demo I got ~20fps, all medium settings, 1680*1050, no AA.

C2D E6600 @ 3GHz

2Gb RAM

x1950 pro

this made me sad, but I plan to buy a pair of 8800GTs at some point, and early next year when intel release the new Quad Cores, I plan to get one.

This game makes my computer sad. :(

Half Life 2. Two extensions are now out but be sure to play it from the very beginning. The story is quite interesting.

Or if you don't mind old games, go for Deus Ex. Definitely the best game I've ever played.

edit: 1st part, Deus Ex 2 is apparently no good.

Edited by Inur

fear

I cant play this game, i get to much of an adrenalin rush from shitting myself all the time.

It is the only game i cant play.

BF2:SF expansion!!! oh my god, its like, the tits!

Get the BF2 collection if you can, 4 games for about £30. all the battlefield 2 games.

Poopipe knows his stuff, as does haz.

Basically, bioshock, orange box, san andreas and crysis are all great games, and crysis looks utterly amazing. This is it playing very smoothly on completely high settings.

crysisscreenyhl6.jpg

Good thing i have a new toy :D (3.0ghz C2D, 2GB ram, X1900XT)

I'm having to say... colin mcrae DiRT is also a totally awesome game, the crash models on it are superb.