They Found My Bike...

MadManMike

Someone nicked a bike off one of my work mates when i was at cycleworks....Just walked in and then walked out with his bike ! Obviously with a small shop full of peole you just can't tell !

Seeing as we worked in a bike shop this was no halfords shit ! A full Carbon S-works Tarmac with FULL Ultegra Levers Cassette and a Carbon Noir crank with over £1000 worth of wheels....I dosen't take einestein to know how much this bike was worth !!!!! Oh and it was a genuine Raceframe, becouse specialized scratched his Frame when they sent it back to have it ultra sound checked for cracks and gave him a new frame, but had sold out of 07 stock....

The police were no help and told him that effectivly it was his fault as the shop didn't have cover for staff bikes and it was essentially in a "public" place.....and told him to "Sort It"

So he found the bike in the free ads and went round there and "Sorted it out"

Then got sent to court for gbh and the bike thief got HIS bike back becouse he worked for halfords and printed a reciept off to say he had baught it !

Whadda load of Bolloks ! A bit of a rant i know, sorry i bored you guys but the morral of the story is........

The thing to do is to be fooking vigilant about people on and around your bike ? I won't ride my bike in town becouse i KNOW i wont come home with it....

And we all know Insurance isn't worth the paper it's written on !!!

Unlucky mate i know EXACTLY how you feel !

Jrrod

Someone nicked a bike off one of my work mates when i was at cycleworks....Just walked in and then walked out with his bike ! Obviously with a small shop full of peole you just can't tell !

Seeing as we worked in a bike shop this was no halfords shit ! A full Carbon S-works Tarmac with FULL Ultegra Levers Cassette and a Carbon Noir crank with over £1000 worth of wheels....I dosen't take einestein to know how much this bike was worth !!!!! Oh and it was a genuine Raceframe, becouse specialized scratched his Frame when they sent it back to have it ultra sound checked for cracks and gave him a new frame, but had sold out of 07 stock....

The police were no help and told him that effectivly it was his fault as the shop didn't have cover for staff bikes and it was essentially in a "public" place.....and told him to "Sort It"

So he found the bike in the free ads and went round there and "Sorted it out"

Then got sent to court for gbh and the bike thief got HIS bike back becouse he worked for halfords and printed a reciept off to say he had baught it !

Whadda load of Bolloks ! A bit of a rant i know, sorry i bored you guys but the morral of the story is........

The thing to do is to be fooking vigilant about people on and around your bike ? I won't ride my bike in town becouse i KNOW i wont come home with it....

And we all know Insurance isn't worth the paper it's written on !!!

Unlucky mate i know EXACTLY how you feel !

Jrrod

Jesus, thats terrible, f**king c**ts.

When my bmx got nicked i had put a lush set of federal cranks on it. When I phoned the insurance company they where more than happy to add an extra £100 pounds onto my claim even though I honestly told them I had got the cranks on sale for £40. I then went from a shitty hoffman disruptor to a we the people 4 seasons. :P

Hmmm man that sucks so much, surley your still intitaled to the insurance money though? Are you sure the insurance company doesn't now own the bike and you have the rights to keep the money anyway? sure my friend did that with 1 of his peds once... bike got written off, so he got the insurance money, then brought the bike back from insurance for almost nothing and bodged it together and pocketed the rest of the money...

my monty was stolen, the insurance paid out and 2months later the police found it in mint condition, i still got it back and didn't have to pay the insurance anything. Surely...they will either do the same for you or....you have now been paid out so it's the insurance companys property?

It's a toughie. Most people (including myself) don't know what they're entitled to if they bike gets stolen. And insurance companys will do anything to get out of paying you.

The way i'd see it is as if it was a car, if that had the shit sratched out of it, insurance would pay to have it resprayed. Have you asked them that? Is it just skratched or is it dented?

Edited by JT!

Exactly the same thing happened to me, i had my bike stolen, but got it back a couple of weeks later with a few changed and a few broken parts and badly damaged paint job to disguise the bike. I just binned the lil scally's parts and used insurance money to get new bits. Surely no-one is going to clain the parts that they put on it, they'd be just handing themselves in!

Exactly the same thing happened to me, i had my bike stolen, but got it back a couple of weeks later with a few changed and a few broken parts and badly damaged paint job to disguise the bike. I just binned the lil scally's parts and used insurance money to get new bits. Surely no-one is going to clain the parts that they put on it, they'd be just handing themselves in!

Yeah, you'd have thought so.

I'm just pissed off / hurt to see it in such bad condition, after spending so long looking after it etc...

Will probably strip it down, get new parts and spray it a different colour.

Right, just hassled the Insurance company AGAIN.

Guess what?

They're giving me £800 vouchers!!!

I can get the bike I wanted in the first place AND I get to keep what's left of the old one.

So now I can build the old one back up (Albeit slightly mashed up) AND have a decent bike!

A happy Mike.... (Looks like the Turning Point mix I did is rubbing off!)

Yeah it's great, I was building up an old bike for the Mrs to mess about on, so I can sort out the old bike now for her (It's not great as they ruined it but she's not after anything to do tricks on, just to cruise on the seafront in the summer)

Now I'm thinking a DMR Rhythm with Avid Juicy 5 rear disk and standard front disc for streety stuff - reckon that's a good idea? It comes to pretty much £800.

Unless anyone can suggest something around the same price I can get from Halfords / Halfords can order in? The DMR is pretty well specced for the cash, mostly all DMR parts with a Hayes front cable disc (Rear V is shite that's why I'm changing it to a Juicy)

Right, just hassled the Insurance company AGAIN.

Guess what?

They're giving me £800 vouchers!!!

I can get the bike I wanted in the first place AND I get to keep what's left of the old one.

So now I can build the old one back up (Albeit slightly mashed up) AND have a decent bike!

A happy Mike.... (Looks like the Turning Point mix I did is rubbing off!)

That's brilliant dude, I'm really stoked for you.