The Music Thread.

Muel

Good shoes :wub:

Have you ever seen them live man? They where the support for maximo park last tiem I went, There absolutley amazing live! So energetic!

Yer seen them with Maximo once and at Reading aswell. Reeeaaalllyyyy good to dance about to and just really feel good live music.

I agree with the Macabees comment but listed them cos they are similair to the stuff he's saying he likes so may aswell try them.

Personally theres about 5 indie/pop rock bands i LOVE and then the rest are just much of a muchness. Generic crap. Kinda lame how samey the indie scene is at the minute :(

The Gotan Project are really good, there a French band, I can't really describe what it is to be honest. Its got a bit of everything in, piano, those things you squeeze together(forgot the name). Infact, its French R&B, but proper R&B.

:rockon:

You need to listen to some good music and realise how shit A7x are. Although Kerrang is usually full of shit, their 1K review of one of A7x's albums isn't to be ignored, it's because they suck a big fat dick.

I don't get what's to like about them, please could you list the merits of them? Because I could probably reel off 10 bands who do everything they do better, faster, heavier, and in a more entertaining manner. A7x are a f**king pop metal band, get some decent music in your ears... and no I don't mean Judas f**king Priest or whatever other god awful shite you listen to, I mean actual good music.

You wanna see some decent tech metal, check out Brain Drill, http://www.myspace.com/braindrill

Check the videos of their drummer... he plays at about 250-300 BPM, and is being called one of the 10 fastest drummers in the world. Also their bass players 7 string tapping technique is f**king nuts.

I should mention this is all coming from someone who strongly dislikes metal.

Edited by JonMack

You need to listen to some good music and realise how shit A7x are. Although Kerrang is usually full of shit, their 1K review of one of A7x's albums isn't to be ignored, it's because they suck a big fat dick.

I don't get what's to like about them, please could you list the merits of them? Because I could probably reel off 10 bands who do everything they do better, faster, heavier, and in a more entertaining manner. A7x are a f**king pop metal band, get some decent music in your ears... and no I don't mean Judas f**king Priest or whatever other god awful shite you listen to, I mean actual good music.

You wanna see some decent tech metal, check out Brain Drill, http://www.myspace.com/braindrill

Check the videos of their drummer... he plays at about 250-300 BPM, and is being called one of the 10 fastest drummers in the world. Also their bass players 7 string tapping technique is f**king nuts.

Brain Drill are very bland and uninspired grindcore. Sure, their drummer is pretty ridiculous, but song wise they have very little talent, and their are much, much much, much, much better drummers out there.

Good tech metal is Sikth, Meshuggah, Psyopus, Protest The Hero, Periphery, Car Bomb and Architects. All of these bands are ridiculously talented and all have incredible albums under their belt.

Tis metalcore.

I also hate the sort of music that you and everyone else listens to, all the indie type stuff. It all sounds so boring and repetative.

A7X may not do certain things as well as other bands, but what they do do is write some f**king brilliant songs, the first 3 albums were made of really, really good tracks. I listen to a lot of heavier, faster music but it doesn't get me going as much as A7X. Every song is so complex and interesting, whereas I listen to all the modern band type music that's in the charts and it's all so boring! Hot Chip just about sums it up for me, it just isn't music! The guy sounds like he'd rather be doing anything else than singing.

Judas Priest has to be one of the best bands ever, Painkiller is just about the best album I have ever listened to, IMO nothing else comes close.

I don't just like A7X, I listen to mostly old school metal, like Megadeth, Metallica, Judas Priest, Sepultura, Iron Maiden etc.

I listen to a lot of the newer metalcore stuff aswell as A7X, like Parkway Drive, All That Remains etc.

In short, Oasis is listenable. But it's still boring and repetative, even their first two albums, which are apparantly much better than newer stuff.

Brain Drill are very bland and uninspired grindcore. Sure, their drummer is pretty ridiculous, but song wise they have very little talent, and their are much, much much, much, much better drummers out there.

Good tech metal is Sikth, Meshuggah, Psyopus, Protest The Hero, Periphery, Car Bomb and Architects. All of these bands are ridiculously talented and all have incredible albums under their belt.

They're just a generic grindcore band really, they're just a band my friend told me to check out because of the speed at which they play, which I found pretty impressive, and I thought I'd show Muel to try and prove to him that A7x really aren't all that.

Tis metalcore.

I also hate the sort of music that you and everyone else listens to, all the indie type stuff. It all sounds so boring and repetative.

A7X may not do certain things as well as other bands, but what they do do is write some f**king brilliant songs, the first 3 albums were made of really, really good tracks. I listen to a lot of heavier, faster music but it doesn't get me going as much as A7X. Every song is so complex and interesting, whereas I listen to all the modern band type music that's in the charts and it's all so boring! Hot Chip just about sums it up for me, it just isn't music! The guy sounds like he'd rather be doing anything else than singing.

Judas Priest has to be one of the best bands ever, Painkiller is just about the best album I have ever listened to, IMO nothing else comes close.

I don't just like A7X, I listen to mostly old school metal, like Megadeth, Metallica, Judas Priest, Sepultura, Iron Maiden etc.

I listen to a lot of the newer metalcore stuff aswell as A7X, like Parkway Drive, All That Remains etc.

In short, Oasis is listenable. But it's still boring and repetative, even their first two albums, which are apparantly much better than newer stuff.

What the f**k does "metalcore" mean, according to wikipedia, "Metalcore is a music fusion genre that incorporates elements of heavy metal and hardcore punk." It then goes on to list bands such as Madball, Biohazard, Converge, Earth Crisis, In Flames, Killswitch, Shadows Fall, Hatebreed, Lamb of God, and As I Lay Dying. From what i've heard of those bands, A7x sounds NOTHING like any of them.

You obviously have no idea what music I listen to, I hate indie with a passion, I got hold of a few albums last night and the night before, they include Miles Away - Rewind, Repeat, Betrayed/Champion - Split, Sinking Ships - Meridian, New Found Glory - Hits, Down To Nothing - Unbreakable. I'm pretty sure there are only a few members of this forum who listen to the same main genres of music as me, those are Sam and Dan from Oxford.

The thing is you may think they're writing brilliant songs, but they're really not. Most people in this thread are criticising you for being so obsessed with them, yet you don't f**king listen, you still think they're the best thing since sliced bread. I guess we're listening to music for different reasons, I listen to it for the lyrical content first, and the technicality second, even if you're listening to A7x on a technical level, they're still not very impressive. I really can't take their lyrics seriously, as they dont talk about real things, for example...

This shining city built of gold, a far cry from innocence,

There's more than meets the eye round here, look to the waters of the deep.

A city of evil.

There sat a seven-headed beast, ten horns raised from his head.

Symbolic woman sits on his throne, but hatred strips her and leaves her naked.

The Beast and the Harlot.

Even their wiki page is written by an idiot...

"Screaming

First album Sounding the Seventh Trumpet was an all screaming record."

I can honestly say I've never heard any band describe an album as "all-screaming", I understand what they're saying, but it's a stupid way of describing it. What's the deal with them all having biblical stage names too, surely that has to be some kind of joke :/

I rarely listen to pop music, because it's pretty much all shit.

Well, IMO you're wrong, I don't see what the attraction is in most of those bands you just listed, I think Metallica are one of the most overrated bands in the world too.

I tried to recommend you music previously, but as far as I can see you completely ignored me, and then described my music taste as "indie". Indie is a f**king joke, it's supposed to be short for individual, as far as I'm aware, but every band sounds the f**king same and all the kids dress the f**king same too, they cruise around like a bunch of clones.

In short, A7x are a joke, and the sooner you see that, the sooner you will start to become respected for having slightly acceptable music taste.

EDIT: Typos

Edited by JonMack

It's the narrow-mindedness as well - how can anyone only like one form of music?

Most genre's steal elements from each other, like if you like Trance you'll probably like to relax to classical as most songs pinch stuff from old classical tracks (Barber's Adagio For Strings being the most commercial I would guess). A lot of dance music has funk / reggae samples, hence I love funk and reggae too. Indie is branching out into more electro sounds so most indie fans are starting to enjoy electro and house music - proper funky house has some soul elements.... etc...

How can anyone listen to just metal?

I tried to recommend you music previously, but as far as I can see you completely ignored me, and then described my music taste as "indie". Indie is a f**king joke, it's supposed to be short for individual, as far as I'm aware, but every band sounds the f**king same and all the kids dress the f**king same too, they cruise around like a bunch of clones.

Isn't it short for independant?

blah blah blah, sounding like i have a higher opinion of music

to tell someone else that they are wrong when it comes to music is like telling someone they are wrong to hold the beliefs they hold. Music is personal taste. I tend to agree with you on A7x, but I would never tell someone that they are wrong to think they are great...

Isn't it short for independant?

yes indeed. It means nothing now, near enough.