Tensile Freewheel Vs. Profile Freehub

JoeM

I've used search on both of them, yes i have found some useful information but not enough to spend £160 on something that could be pants. So, to be honest i just fancy something very loud, that clicks. I've heard that tensiles skip, but i've been told they don't. I've also been told that the profile is well worth the money and the best thing you can do in trials.

So what are your experiences with either of them?

Thanks Joe

up to you mate, but in reality freehubs tend to last alot longer than freewheels...

If i got the choice now i think id get the profile, just because its nicer and i think it should last a few years.

Also if you really want to be a tart the profile "sounds" beautiful.

up to you mate, but in reality freehubs tend to last alot longer than freewheels...

If i got the choice now i think id get the profile, just because its nicer and i think it should last a few years.

Also if you really want to be a tart the profile "sounds" beautiful.

haha, yeah i've been offered to have a 1month old profile hub and echo front disk hub for £50, i think i'll go for that then:P

I've used search on both of them, yes i have found some useful information but not enough to spend £160 on something that could be pants. So, to be honest i just fancy something very loud, that clicks. I've heard that tensiles skip, but i've been told they don't. I've also been told that the profile is well worth the money and the best thing you can do in trials.

Thanks Joe

Who told you that :huh: Ive had mine a year and its never skipped. But yes, i'd rather have a profile. If only Deng would make me a 36 holed Echo '07 rim :angry:

Who told you that :huh: Ive had mine a year and its never skipped. But yes, i'd rather have a profile. If only Deng would make me a 36 holed Echo '07 rim :angry:

why not just drill a couple of extra holes to put the spokes in? A couple of my friends have run tensile's and, well they ended up other the fence:P

Edited by Joeee

I currently run a profile on my mod and a tensile on my stock.

I have used the profile for around 3 years and have never had a problem, no skips or anything and it has had plently of abuse! :rolleyes:

It is also very easy to work on and reasemble.

As for the tensile, its currently been on the stock for around 8 months.

It has had the occasional skip not often though. still an excellent freewheel,

Anyway i would recomend the profile if funds will let you, however if not the tensile will still do the job well

Thanks Joe

Everything skips in trials, my Tensile however, has skipped about 3 times in a year, and that was when I got into a habit of not letting it engage properly before kicking off something.

I'd get a Profile though, but only if you have to buy a rear wheel as well, if you looking to upgrade your existing front freewheel set-up, then I would get a Tensile.

Everything skips in trials, my Tensile however, has skipped about 3 times in a year, and that was when I got into a habit of not letting it engage properly before kicking off something.

I'd get a Profile though, but only if you have to buy a rear wheel as well, if you looking to upgrade your existing front freewheel set-up, then I would get a Tensile.

I'm ordering a whole wheelset off tarty:), this is why i created this topic. I can't make my mind up on either of them which is annoying, i think i will just get a tensile for the time being since i'm not that good and don't want to blow £160 on something which is too good for me:P

Joe