f**ktarded Style

Simpson

Basically I've always been aware that i dont hop "normally" i really hunch myself over the front of the bike and kinda hunch... even when i get a decent sidehop it just looks shit becuase my body position looks shit

You can see it here at 16 seconds, (farily old vid now but its still the same problem)

Youtube Video ->
">
" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350">

Yeah, I'd say it looks a bit... wrong... You should be able to have good control on the backwheel with your current posture but you seem to be struggling to throw yourself into moves because you're already so far forwards. Just play around with lowering the front wheel/dropping your butt and see how it goes.

I suggest you sort out that horrid creak in your b/b. Take it out clean it and the insides then grease it up and stick it in.

As i said its an old vid, not even got the same frame anymore got a long KO, but still hunching up.... and it wasnt the BB either just the bolts wern't really done up much

Yeah, I'd say it looks a bit... wrong...

Yea man cheers like when i gap it always feels like my bodys kinda getting in the way...... ive never tryed to be a massive rider or anything particually so the length / height doesn't bother me i just look like a retard on the back wheel! hahaha

The only thing I can think of looking at it, is your stem looks pretty small :unsure:

Its an Echo Hi-Fi which isnt a small stem and now ive got a monty TI stem... still the same problem

you need a stock simps

Actually that could be part of my problem cos i came from that massive long, super massive reach echo control didn't i.... guess i just haven't adapted my style for a new bike maybe? i dunno....

Whack a bigger stem on.... Sorted.

Ok to prove a point, this was last night, *self timer i was a bit late going for the sidehop*

Longer Bike

Longer Stem

Higher rise bars

2 stem stackers, bars feel high bike feels longish

gallery_6685_1742_65805.jpg

Same prob :( ..... is it just me being a gomo?

Could be talkin out my arse here... but I think your crank position could be the problem. You seem to keep the front pedal too high which doesn't allow you to be in an upright standing position... you know what I mean? Keep your pedals fairly level with your handlebars closer to your waist?

i dont think the bike is to blaim or the length as you look the same on stocks as well i think its purely down to your tensing so much. Im not taking the piss or anything man but if you like i have a ryan leech dvd witch teaches everything from track stands to big riding could be helpfull as iv said before you havent really learnt the basics you have just gone stright to progress. You can borrow the dvd if you like i remmber him doing stuff like showing you how to find banlancing points on the back wheel and how to become relax kinnda thing not insulting your riding just and idear i still watch it from time to time as acctully has some usefull tips i just think you havent expremented enough with how your arms are when your on the back wheel your normally to busy beasting up stuff to concentrate on smaller aspects.

i'm sorry man...don't change it just cos i took the piss :P

that sidehop looks like benfleet? anyways...just straighten your arms!

adam

Hahaha no its not JUST because of you Maher and Bessel had there diggs as well :( haha no im only messing! Yea its literally a spot just 2 seconds round the corner and i only learnt sidehops yesteday so thought id go out and be TRA and get some self timer pics going, really wanna learn how to get sidehops nailed...... just to learn summink different....

yea as Jack said before i never really learnt the basis, i just got on a bike and wanted to go massive, learnt to pedal hop on the 1st day so never dialed trackstands, backhops booning etc. Ive recently been just going to backwheel, got about 42" and now its just boring, wanna start being a bit more technical and more "trialsy" hence the new longer bike and new bar stem combo! wanna do comps next year so really gotta get these lil things sorted before the start of the season

I would also say try to stand a little more upright, but that may be obvious :P

Yea man thanks for that! i mean, i just dont want to be thinking that it could be holding me back in anyway, for such a lil thing its just worth changing isn't it!

i just think you havent expremented enough with how your arms are when your on the back wheel your normally to busy beasting up stuff to concentrate on smaller aspects.

No its ok i totally know what you mean... it think i always ride with 100% and sometimes just need to calm down a lil bit and not get too excited! lol ok man yea ill borrow the DVD nothing can hurt can it! and yea i really dont think it is the bike either, cos that feels comfortable...

Get a 26" bike or bend your knees more and lean back a tad.

Edit: It's almost looks like your using your arms to pull the front of the bike up. Try to use the force of the kick to keep the front end up.

Edited by Koxx_Nath.C

TO be honest why is it a problem, if it doesnt affect your riding then its fine (havnt read replies) who cares what you look like when you ride its not how you look that gives you the buz when riding its the stuff that you do. So if its not affecting your riding which i doub it is just forget about it as everyone has different styles and postures.

From looking at that picture of you on the KO (Nice bike btw), your bars looks a bit forward, try to bring them back abit(Y) and you should lean back a little bit from that(Y) Also try out a VIZ High rise stem, as I found this stem suited this bike the best:) But yeh, have a play on adjusting your bars back abit and see what you think:)

Thanks

Dan

From looking at that picture of you on the KO (Nice bike btw)

Very subtle!

Anyway, Looks like your mate needs to grease his BB and crank arms a little lol. Try rotating your bars back a bit like was said before,so you feel more comfortable with the wheel a little higher and your back a little straighter :)

As it says in one of the need for speed games "Leane back, lean back, LEAN BACK !".

Chill out abit more on't backwheel. Trials isnt a rush. Take your time.Try and sit on the backwheel when riding basically. I used to be very similar to you back in the day. But a few mates pointed out that i was far to far over the front, told me too watch a few video's and they'd also help me out. In around 2 weeks my riding style changed completly when doing everything. Also my riding progressed quite alot.

So, Chill out on back wheel. Relax the arms. Take your time. Maybe tilt your bars back and maybe a higher stem but im sure you can re-adjust your style to the current set up you have.

If i happen to come on a ride that your on for some reason. I'll spend some time helping you out. I mean im no pro. But i'll do my best.

Good luck man.

Danny.