Full Cnc Frame

sapu

Sorry Ash... I thought what I designed was fairly original.

I geuss there are very few original ideas anymore. So cheers- good idea!

nonono, im really impressed, am kinda happy a 15year old could have thought it up lol. you got msn? i have a few ideas for you. a-kennard@hotmail.co.uk

One solid piece would be fantastic! But god damn...

Let's see... It would be a 1000x390x140 billet... that's a 325 lb block of aluminum... That would be somewhere around $1300.00 US for the billet.

And a 5-axis mill that costs roughly a quarter of a million dollars...

I think I'll stick with a weldment for now.

Ash, I'll write you at some point or you can write me hinmaton@tektonics.com

I'm always interested in going over ideas and concepts.

I will make these available outside the US. And there is a stock frame coming.

Shit, with the dollar as weak as it is, even with shipping these should be reasonable.

f**k all i imagine, the main cost is in the design work, and if he can set it up to be made out of one piece of aluminium, it could be cheaply produced, although for the sophistication of the design, i assume it will be pretty costly to the consumer

Do you know how long CNCing something as complex as that takes? Would cost a fortune in machining time.

One solid piece would be fantastic! But god damn...

Let's see... It would be a 1000x390x140 billet... that's a 325 lb block of aluminum... That would be somewhere around $1300.00 US for the billet.

Hehe could be interesting. Stuff like the chain/seat stays would have to be solid though :( Making the top/down tube thingy and the headtube once piece shouldn't be too hard surely? Although you'd have the extra cost of due to requiring a thicker billet to start with.

that thing looks cool

it isn't made from just one block, if you scroll down you can see different pieces that must get joined together at some point

meaning it wouldn't need such a big billet of aluminium, and so it could end up quite cheap

but it would take a long time for it to get machined out