Full Cnc Frame

sapu

Really like it! similar to pete wrights fresh products bike? (With all the holes in.....lol)

Just need some final build pictures now!!!!!! :D

I keep hearing about Pete Wrights frames but I have never been able to find a picture, any one?

Don't cry Johny, it's just a frame after all...

Took me hours to find these!

Wow, that's nutty, processed plate bolted together.

Hey, thanks for digging for that.

Ash,

If I do go for a color, it will definitely be solid.

My thinking was, if I get the frame hard anodized (which adds a really hard layer to the outside of the aluminum) as far as I know the color is dictated by the material. 6061 is a matte black and the 7 series tends toward a silver or Ti look. As my bike is mostly 6061 with the stays being 7005, the stays will be a different color. So maybe I go with a black frame with painted stays? Or I color anodize the whole thing?

No worries man, glad to see someone's giving this a proper go :)

Wish I had the facilities to do the sort of thing you're doing - so many things I'd love to try but just can't due to supplies/facilities

Out of interest, what CAD program/s have you used for this project? (Design/FEA etc)

I'm using a Solidworks/FeatureCam CAD/CAM package. The FEA was done by a friend and fellow rider, who does FEA for Manitowoc/National Crane,he used ProE I'm pretty sure.

The last rendered image was the current stock version.

Not much comment on it so far?

STOCKER.jpg">

I think this "Dang!" is the most screwed on person on here (compliment BTW). Those designs are amazing, i love proper engineering over this Deng shit. I would certainly place a bet that Deng is secretly Kim jong Yil in disguise. But on a serious note, Kepp the good work up mate! If i ever get back into trials again and have the money i will not hesitate to buy one of those frames.

85496231_1999cb8ad9_m.jpg

That design looks alot better thn the previous 26inch design, only thing to remember when making a frame that low is whether when running a wide rim such as a koxx one that the cylinders of the magura will not catch on the cranks.

Otherwise an awsome frame, have you desided whether you are going to add disc and maggy mounts?

Adam

I think this "Dang!" is the most screwed on person on here (compliment BTW). Those designs are amazing, i love proper engineering over this Deng shit. I would certainly place a bet that Deng is secretly Kim jong Yil in disguise. But on a serious note, Kepp the good work up mate! If i ever get back into trials again and have the money i will not hesitate to buy one of those frames.

85496231_1999cb8ad9_m.jpg

I was under the impression that Dang! was indeed, Deng.

no, petes holey bike was shit, im pretty sure i heard it broke in half first ride

well yeah , contrary to popular belief making holes in things (titanium or otherwise) doesn't make them stronger

this frame's mental. I think CNCing it is cheating though - you should mill it all out of a solid block by hand really :D

I was under the impression that Dang! was indeed, Deng.

I was wondering when someone might draw this correlation, but I suppose I am the antiDeng! :twisted:

well yeah , contrary to popular belief making holes in things (titanium or otherwise) doesn't make them stronger

this frame's mental. I think CNCing it is cheating though - you should mill it all out of a solid block by hand really :D

oh... this one I'm doing with a nail file, only after I have output the tool paths on my Etchasketch.

I really think you should look into a fastening system so the frame can be built up from different modules.

That must be the way forward in trials, having frames which you can build up yourself to match your riding style and preferences.

The 2nd 26" project looks great, I really do hope these things go into production. The evolution of trials components is bloody slow, you'd make a huge "jump" introducing your frames.

have you got some FEA pics out of interest or is it top secret? hehe.

i like the idea of fastening the frame together from different parts. my only worry would be if one of the fasteners did break it could be catastrophic! at least with a welded frame you can see a crack know when to stop. i had a thought a while back that it could be joined by means of cables with threads on the end, make the thread really long and make the thread in the lug really long too? cables pretty strong and if you had enough thread?

have you got some FEA pics out of interest or is it top secret? hehe.

i like the idea of fastening the frame together from different parts. my only worry would be if one of the fasteners did break it could be catastrophic! at least with a welded frame you can see a crack know when to stop. i had a thought a while back that it could be joined by means of cables with threads on the end, make the thread really long and make the thread in the lug really long too? cables pretty strong and if you had enough thread?

I will look into posting some results, if I do can you read them?