Madeleine Parents Cash In?

munkee

I don't think that's really in doubt at all :ermm: Pretty sure they don't enjoy being 'famous', you know.

I do see what you mean but if i have my daughter abducted (not that i hae a daughter!

I wouldnt really want the attention as i couldnt live it down for years.

I still wouldnt be in interviews ect now.

Only when i got over it i would.

I think they are innocent....but they have reaking the rewards wat the same.

Well...they arnt saying no to the money are they!

The thing is, you can't possibly know how you'd react to that situation. Secondly, they're not trying to 'live it down' - They're trying to find her if it's at all possible. Thirdly, they're both doctors who I presume were well-payed before all of this, and now their reputations are pretty much ruined. I don't know the situation, but I'd imagine it'd be hard for them to work.

If you don't think they deserve any money, don't give them any :turned:

I think this story is ceriously ridiculous because there is so many other childs who get kidnaped so why the media/parents make it like a popular story i mean it keeps on going we never heard has much for the other childs. So why maddie ? Maybe parents try to make some money out of it ? Wanted to be famous ?

I don't think that's really in doubt at all :ermm: Pretty sure they don't enjoy being 'famous', you know.

I honestly think they do.

They've been to see george bush at the white house, they've been to see the pope, both of which have been paid for them, personal jet flights, accomodation and all.They had big smiles on their faces when they went to see the pope. They've done tonnes of publicity stunts, loads of fundraising stunts, but not really any actual looking for her. At the time of several major sightings, 14 possible sightings in Malta which resulted in a huge police operation that even involved Interpol the mccans did in fact travel to... Germany :blink: just so they could appear on a television show! And when the most promising sighting of all happened in Belguim at the place of that child psychiatrist, who the police were so convinced by his statement that they called in forensics teams and all sorts to confirm if it was her or not. The mcanns set off on a plane to Heulva, in spain! Where they were found walking on the beach and having food in the resteraunt.

Be amazing if her kidnapper/murderer (Let's face it, she isn't going to be alive any more) dumped her at the premiere, proper mindf**k haha.

In the words of jimmy carr, you don't know where the line is until you overstep it!!!

There aren't many jokes in the world that don't offend somebody lol.

If you can't laugh at death, rape and paedophilia, what can you laugh at!

You can boo, or you can laugh, but you can't boo and laugh!

but if it was your kid would you leave them in the hotel room on there own, while you are getting pissed?

I'm one of those really over protective people of children, even when I've been looking after my mates kids for the evening, I still have the urge to go and check on them every five minutes just to be on the safe side (I'd be a ridiculous parent). But even if I had done what the McCanns appear to have done, yeah, I'd feel pretty damn stupid for my mistake, I'd keep on kicking myself for being so lax, but I would have still just picked myself up and thought, "Right, I made a mistake, time to try and sort it out."

Rich

With regards to their film, if it does ever happen then yeah it's pretty sick to cash in on your daughters death / disappearance!

That would be true, but I just don't believe anyone is 'cashing in' at all. A high-profile documentary is surely a good way to raise awareness. I guess it depends what view you take on it - I personally don't think they'll be financially better off after all of this, and I don't for a minute think that their intention is to make money with this film.

Something more annoying than the press coverage the McCann's are getting?

The death of Diana. It was over 10 years ago - let it rest!

With regards to their film, if it does ever happen then yeah it's pretty sick to cash in on your daughters death / disappearance!

BUT, diana was murdered and it's never been recognised that way!

That would be true, but I just don't believe anyone is 'cashing in' at all. A high-profile documentary is surely a good way to raise awareness. I guess it depends what view you take on it - I personally don't think they'll be financially better off after all of this, and I don't for a minute think that their intention is to make money with this film.

Depends on the route they take, if it is a documentary then they won't make much / anything. If it is a proper film, I think they'd get a fair bit...

The whole situation just seems strange - if I lost a son / daughter I'd want time alone not jumping into every magazine or TV interview I could. You may say it's to help look for her but I really don't think that's the case - I'm sure most of the world knows about this now so documentaries in Germany or wherever won't help... And traveling to see the Pope and Bush and that... Just weird.

I only have a few opinions on this, I won't say 'I think they did it'...but I do think they're keeping something hidden. Not exactly saying they're guilty of the whole thing, but trying to keep something away from the media.

Secondly, they've got 2 other kids, which are going to be pretty tramatised by this whole affair...so when the McCanns are travelling the world, who is looking after them and bringing them up?

A year is a long time and they're kids will not understand (at that age) exactly whats happening. With their parents being absent 80% of the time they ought to be conserned about their current childrens welbeing.

Fair enough, we'd all look for our kid if they went missing; but I think you have to draw a line somewhere and get on with life. I don't think their kids should suffer anymore.

Media is a funny thing. They may suspect the parents, but I dont think the public should think its 'horrible to accuse the parents' simply because they're going through bad times. No one seems to know what happened, so they cannot rule out the parents. In this case it seems to be guilty until proven innocent!

The whole situation just seems strange - if I lost a son / daughter I'd want time alone not jumping into every magazine or TV interview I could. You may say it's to help look for her but I really don't think that's the case - I'm sure most of the world knows about this now so documentaries in Germany or wherever won't help... And traveling to see the Pope and Bush and that... Just weird.

Pretty much what i was going to say, i'm pretty sure that over 80% of Britain have heard the story so what good is a documentary going to do. Perhaps if they released it in the countries where there were possible sightings and gain awareness over there. To me it just seems as if a tv channel wants ratings, c4 comes to mind for some reason(probably because they always do those weird documentaries).

In this case it seems to be guilty until proven innocent!

That's what I mean though. As far as I can tell, there's no real evidence either way, so accusing them of murder (or even just neglect) would just make things much worse for them if they didn't do it. If they did do it, fine. But a lot of people are saying some really spiteful things, which I don't think is fair given that none of us know the whole story.

I think it's strange how much contradiction there is in the whole case, which is why they get no sympathy from me. As people of said, this happens probably a hundred times every day in countries throughout the world. I remember when I went to Canada about 5 years ago, at the Wal Mart there was an advert wall with about 50 pictures and descriptions of children who had gone missing. Yet with madeline, they've created all this hype and done stuff like visiting the pope?! Unless they are severely religious, I can't understand why they are doing this, unless its trying to create a good impression of themselves in the publics eye.

Just the way they've acted around the whole thing makes me and most people suspicious of it, not to mention the hair found in their rental car (if it was). It seems as if they've spent so much money travelling and looking and doing everything they perceive to be right to make themselves feel better for the guilt of leaving her, or maybe accidentally killing her.

I also remember reports of people around the resort staying there at the same time, had all said the same thing that the mum had a fragile temper and lost it with Madline noticeably more than once. This could of course be Portugese police making it up, but it was from a English newspaper, and the portugese police can't be corrupt enough to make up the whole thing just to finish the case. Something genuine must have occured to give them the idea that the parents had something to do with it.

It all just seems pretty dodgy, and I can't understand how making a film is going to achieve anything. It will only be shown in the UK anyway or British speaking countries, and everyone in the UK knows who madeline is, what happened and where she was kidknapped from. Just more wasted money which could be used in other ways to prevent other kids dying.

I appreciate this isn't everyones view, but I know a lot of people do feel the same

not to mention the hair found in their rental car

This is the kinda strange thing i cant imagine.... we know that the parents got a hire car after something like 10 days of her death.... and there trying to prove that the mc'canns drove to some quiet place to dump maddies body? does anyone honestly think that theyv'e had more than 10minutes to themself since this whole thing blew up? doubt it.... meh im undecided

BUT, diana was murdered and it's never been recognised that way!

This is the kind of thing annoying me: it's not that it hasn't been recognised, its that it hasn't been proven.

I'll bet people are gonna start saying soon that they know Micheal Jackson is a child molester.

Can all these people who 'know' the answers do the rest of the world a few favours and solve a few other things? Anyone 'know' who the gunman on the grassy knoll was? Or where Lord Lucan and Richy Edwards are? Anyone know who framed Roger Rabbit?

Rich

The story was either the hair was new or the car hadn't been rented until after madelines disappearance, it was something significant otherwise it wouldn't have been picked up on.

I'm not saying its proof either way, if they had moved the body afterwards, god knows where they would have hidden it as the police would have turned the apartment complex upside down searching I would imagine.

Just everything about it screams to be dodgy to me, like why did nobody see a child being taken away in some form of distress in a massive apartment block at a peak time.

As has been said, it seems they know something they're not telling.

Also what's annoyed me, people say they've seen madeline, and girls they're sure are madeline, why don't they go over and say is that your child, or raise some sort of alarm instead of just leaving it and letting the police know afterwards

nah whats worrying is the fact they keep having huge family meetings without any police there etc so they can all make sure they have their "story straight"... errrr.. it may be setting things straight for some people.. but if there is a killer / abducter in the family.. its just helping them solidify their story