Madeleine Parents Cash In?

munkee

January 9, 2008:Parents may turn Madeleine McCann story into a Hollywood movie

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/uk/article3156265.ece

It appears the Madeleinefund ran out of juice for the mccanns, what with them paying off their debts with the money that was donated by members of the publics. So what better way to ease your cash flow problems? Turn your daughters abduction story in to a hollywood film.

Major questions to be answered, but if this happens... who will play Madeleine?

Harsh c**ts

Edited by Spacemunkee

Ohhh Maddie? I was thinking it was some sort of Indian you were talking about... :P Why do they need the money? Is it to keep the searches going? I would be dead against that idea about making a film, but money would keep the search going would it not?

The calibre of their lawyers mean you'd never, ever be able to prove that though ;)

Seems a bit weird though, seeing as there's going to be no middle part or conclusion to it, and there's already a shitload of versions of 'what happened' floating around already.

Be amazing if her kidnapper/murderer (Let's face it, she isn't going to be alive any more) dumped her at the premiere, proper mindf**k haha.

There was a guy on the news today who catagorically stated that it wasn't going to be a hollywood movie at all.

he said they MIGHT bring out a documentary of sort's but he stressed that it was only a maybe at this stage.

Edited by Jakers

Be amazing if her kidnapper/murderer (Let's face it, she isn't going to be alive any more) dumped her at the premiere, proper mindf**k haha.

Sorry Mark, but that really was a pretty out of line comment.

I'd like to highlight the fact that judgement of these kinds of situations so often ends up being given by those in the sidelines, and people so often don't seem to understand (or care about) the magnitude of what something like this would do to a family.

Personally, I can't beleive that the story has become so big, as this is something which unfortunately happens all the time, and I would also feel that the idea of cashing in on a situation like this is pretty harsh, but I ask this: if it were your child, where would you stop looking for them?

The McCann's may appear to have some very dodgy rumours hanging over their heads, and a lot of things don't quite seem to add up, but how many of you are going to eat your words if/when Madeline does turn up and it is proven that the McCann's are totally innocent and have only been guilty of caring as much as any other parent should?

If this were my child, I'd tear the whole world apart trying to find her, and I wish the McCann's all the best of luck in doing the same.

Rich

I couldnt be f**ked anymore, shes f**king dead and they did it...

f**king Liars.

- My impression of them....."Oh no ! We killed out daughter ! But i'm so distraught i'm going to cry everytime someone talks about it....But its alright becouse from all the money i make putting her on tv and trying to look good will make it all better....."

Jarrod

f**king Liars.

- My impression of them....."Oh no ! We killed out daughter ! But i'm so distraught i'm going to cry everytime someone talks about it....But its alright becouse from all the money i make putting her on tv and trying to look good will make it all better....."

How about you shut the f**k up? Jesus..... i think people should be far more informed before making judgements like that. I'm going to sit on the wall with this one. If my daughter died, i would do anything and go through everything to get her back. And if everyone stopped just reading the first few lines of the Sun and gobbled it all up they might be a lil more understanding. Personally i think theres a lil bit suspicious about there story, but i think theres something odd about all the storys the tabloids are trying to convince us all is true also.....

Sorry Mark, but that really was a pretty out of line comment.

I'd like to highlight the fact that judgement of these kinds of situations so often ends up being given by those in the sidelines, and people so often don't seem to understand (or care about) the magnitude of what something like this would do to a family.

Personally, I can't beleive that the story has become so big, as this is something which unfortunately happens all the time, and I would also feel that the idea of cashing in on a situation like this is pretty harsh, but I ask this: if it were your child, where would you stop looking for them?

The McCann's may appear to have some very dodgy rumours hanging over their heads, and a lot of things don't quite seem to add up, but how many of you are going to eat your words if/when Madeline does turn up and it is proven that the McCann's are totally innocent and have only been guilty of caring as much as any other parent should?

If this were my child, I'd tear the whole world apart trying to find her, and I wish the McCann's all the best of luck in doing the same.

Rich

I fail to see how making a film about it is 'tearing the world apart', or going to see George Bush as 'tearing the world apart', or visiting the Pope as 'tearing the world apart' trying to find their daughter. I can appreciate they'd want to raise the profile of their daughter's case a lot, but it seems weird at times how they've done it. It would perhaps also have been pretty nice if they'd acknowledge all the other hundreds of families with missing children now who aren't in the news because they're not a middle class doctor family.

I was just making a joke about that other thing, but I'd be amazed if Madeleine is alive. I'm not implying the parents did it, but if you'd kidnapped her, why would you keep her alive with the whole world looking for her? It's a massive risk, for very little reward. If, as the media suggest, she was 'stolen to order', then it's pretty unlikely she's alive anyway?

I don't agree with how people are judging the McCanns so harshly, but they've brought a lot of it upon themselves.

hmmm

good idea for having a documentary

WANK idea for a proper film

also

proceeds from it might be well invested in other missing children charities.

does anyone find it curious that this sort of thing must have happened before, but its only this particular event that has such large media coverage?

Edited by Disasterboy

f**king Liars.

Jarrod

Abit ignorant.

Maybe they have taken it abit far with the high profile interviews etc I will agree.

BUT you are basing the intierity of your view on what you have read in newspapers and seen on the news which are both completely biased. If you had visited the crime scene, interviewed the parents maybe you could be so sure but as it stands I'm presuming you haven't and therefore it's abit full on to be spazzing out about them being liars.

Phil

There was a film coming out with Ben Affleck in it about a little girl that was abducted during the time Maddy did. I would expect to see it out in the next few months and it to be a massive hit.

Kinda like after 9/11 with Black Hawk Down.

Abit ignorant.

Maybe they have taken it abit far with the high profile interviews etc I will agree.

BUT you are basing the intierity of your view on what you have read in newspapers and seen on the news which are both completely biased. If you had visited the crime scene, interviewed the parents maybe you could be so sure but as it stands I'm presuming you haven't and therefore it's abit full on to be spazzing out about them being liars.

Phil

Ahaaa, i knew someone would reply !

I just know they did, i don't read papers. I don't even watch the news ! I didn't even know she had been abducted until 2 weeks after it happened ! I know they did it, just by the way they talk and act , and by the they are making such a huge thing of it. I bet they are, and when it's proved they did. Will all the people who stood up for them let it go and forget about it ?

Not to put to finer point on what you said, but all of the FACTS point to them. And i'm sure they did. When i first found out the first place i went to was the bookie's, but they wouldn't let me place the bet !

I don't think we'll ever find out. But i hope we do one day, Dont get me wrong though. I hope she is alive, but i also hope if she is dead that they did it. Becouse they CANT run away.

Jarrod

I've not really got an opinion on the matter to be honest. But if you're child had been taken from you, and you had half the world believe it was you, how distraught would you be?

I don't think it's fair what the medias done to them at all. Just feeding peoples gossip, such bullshit.

lmfao be even better if it turned out at the end of the actual film she was as well. imagine the kinda shit that would stir up.

I think i stopped reading at about this point

Haha! Well said sir

Phil

Ahaaa, i knew someone would reply !

I just know they did, i don't read papers. I don't even watch the news ! I didn't even know she had been abducted until 2 weeks after it happened ! I know they did it, just by the way they talk and act , and by the they are making such a huge thing of it. I bet they are, and when it's proved they did. Will all the people who stood up for them let it go and forget about it ?

Not to put to finer point on what you said, but all of the FACTS point to them. And i'm sure they did. When i first found out the first place i went to was the bookie's, but they wouldn't let me place the bet !

I don't think we'll ever find out. But i hope we do one day, Dont get me wrong though. I hope she is alive, but i also hope if she is dead that they did it. Becouse they CANT run away.

Jarrod

Of course everyone is entitled to their opinions, but to go in so strong swearing and going mental about something you 'think'. I say 'think' because you think you know it, there is no way you can be sure.

However in the eventuality that you are a fortune teller I apologise.

Phil

f**king Liars.

Jarrod

However harsh it is, i agree totally with this. Pissing me off to be honest , especially now there making a film ?? :blink:

Edited by Deonn h