Madeleine Parents Cash In?

munkee

... Ok then. I KNOW THEY KILLED HER

Don't tell me i'm wrong, if you don't want me to tell you your wrong.

And if you don't know, you can't tell me.

Opinions are great.

I love Tf.

Jarrod

Ah man. I'm not telling you your wrong, I'm telling you that there is a possibility you are right and a possibility you are wrong but either way you cannot KNOW or be 100% sure.

You are getting confused as I am not attacking you on the grounds of you having an 'opinion' I am merely pointing out it is impossible for you to KNOW they killed her with the insufficient evidence you posses however it is highly possible for you to THINK they killed her.

Phil

Thats alright mate, it's just they way i am. Please, don't take any offence !

I know exactly what you mean, i'm just an arsey b*****d :D

Jarrod

Allright fair doos than glad you see where I'm coming from. I can definetly see there is a possibility they killed her too I just don't think its a large one.

You live in Basingstoke I see, I live 15mins away by train, should ride sometime (Y) (or maybe not now :P jokes)

Phil

Thats alright mate, it's just they way i am. Please, don't take any offence !

I know exactly what you mean, i'm just an arsey b*****d :D

Well.... it is kinda.... not offensive but...... youv'e just ruined a thread that could have been a mature discussion and turned it into a topic all about how f**king arrogant you are.... and i can think of worse than arsey bast@rd to be honest

how f**king arrogant you are.... and i can think of worse than arsey bast@rd to be honest

Believe you me, you aren't the only one that thinks this.

Next time Jarrod, maybe think before engaging what few brain cells you seem to have left.

By the way, to play devils advocate, they've never, ever said they are making this 'hollywoood movie'. They've only said they have had the smallest of talks about a documentary, and how it'll effect them financial everyone is just assuming.

I'm concerned about the money aspect of it all. After emailing them the response is that the donations have been put into the madeleine Ltd Co, which basically means that the donations belong to the mccans and not to a ligitimate charity. They weren't granted charity status because they all looking out for the benefits of ALL.

Theres a list of things on their website specifying what the money can be used for...

Funds will be paid to Madeleine's Fund: Leaving No Stone Unturned Limited: Company Registration Number - 6248215

3. The objects of the Foundation are:

3.1.1 To secure the safe return to her family of Madeleine McCann who was abducted in Praia da Luz, Portugal on Thursday 3rd May 2007;

3.1.2 To procure that Madeleine’s abduction is thoroughly investigated and that her abductors, as well as those who played or play any part in assisting them, are identified and brought to justice; and

3.1.3 To provide support, including financial assistance, to Madeleine’s family.

3.2 If the above objects are fulfilled then the objects of the Foundation shall be to pursue such purposes in similar cases arising in the United Kingdom, Portugal or elsewhere.

This is the bit i find highly alarming. Basically, the money belongs to them now and everyone who's donated has done it under these terms so they actually have contractual terms so its not false advertising. It basically means that if the mccans get accused of murdering her they can use the money to fight their case under the premises that they can continue to look for her once the case has gone to trial.

Theres also the case of the missing reward money donations. Donated by celebrities to go solely into a reward fund to whoever finds her or provides information that leads to her whereabouts it was advertised at a starting point of £2.5million (or dollars, can't remember), either way a short while later in press adverts and promotional signs they were suddenly advertising the reward as being £1.5million. Where'd the million go? If its donated for the specificly sole purpose of being reward money, whats it been used on?

The final point in that quote also deems that IF madeleine is found, all the money is the mcanns to keep and do with as they see fit, so long as some of it goes to remotely looking for lost kids.

Ricky Gervais's new FAME dvd raised a point that might be relevant. When asked in an interview about how people should go about becoming famous he said that they should just go out and kill a prostitute. The shocking deed immediately propels them to fame as fast, if not faster, than someone who's "earnt" it by normal means. Unfortunately some people just care about the fame and not what they did to raise themselves to that status. I can't help but feel that maybe this is the case with this series of events as well. It all seems like theres something horribly wrong and i've felt that way from the start, seems more and more people are beginning to feel the same as well.

Obviously i can't say for sure, but i know i don't believe them or they're story. Too many things don't add up. A rich family wouldn't leave 3 infants under the age of four, alone in their hotel room. And to say that they were so worried they returned every 15 minutes is even stranger. If they're that worried and as well off as they were it wouldn't have been hard to use the childcare facilities that WERE provided at the hotel.

Bit of a rant, but weird shit none-the-less.

Ok, Jarrod: You're severely dicking me and apparently quite a lot of other people off, so chill out for 24hours and come back on when you can control yourself.

Mark: Hit the nail on the head with your response, like I said it all seems way out of proportion and as I pointed out, I feel its a little stupid to have people throw so much money at this one case when it really does happen all the time, I just fel talking about dead childrens bodies was a little bit beyond the realms of decent taste. I was actually earlier trying to think of the phrase 'Devils Advocate' which Simon has brought up to apply to this situation, which would have made my rant earlier seem a lot more sane, but meh, all past it now.

Rich

By the way, to play devils advocate, they've never, ever said they are making this 'hollywoood movie'. They've only said they have had the smallest of talks about a documentary, and how it'll effect them financial everyone is just assuming.

There was a guy on the news today who catagorically stated that it wasn't going to be a hollywood movie at all.

he said they MIGHT bring out a documentary of sort's but he stressed that it was only a maybe at this stage.

Maybe that'll do, a bunch of ignorant's didn't seem to see it the first time.

Boatsie they have already paid their mortgage repayments off using the fund. Its complete bullshit, this documentary or whatever is just more cash for their pot of gold.

Maybe that'll do, a bunch of ignorant's didn't seem to see it the first time.

some bloke said something about someone...means f**k all what one bloke says about it, the fact it was put out there as a posibility in its own right is bad enough

some bloke said something about someone...means f**k all what one bloke says about it, the fact it was put out there as a posibility in its own right is bad enough

but surley one bloke wrote the article you posted? how does that make what he says anymore true than what the guy i saw on the news said? I was simply drawing attention to the fact that someone on TV was very clear (and convincing) that there were no plans to make a hollywood movie, If it makes any differance, I wasn't including you as one of 'the ignorants'.

The fact that what was put out as a possibility? if you mean making a movie then as I say, the fella was some lawyer or film-maker or some shit, someone involved pretty much said that was simply not the case at all.. If you mean that they would do it just to make money, that's hardly suprising as that's been the news with them for a good bit now

What i don't understand is how f**king planed is this... Obviously lets face it it wasn't a snatch and run was it. Our best detectives or whatever are trying to solve the case, forensics and everything and they still can't work it out.

So on that assumption that it was definitely not a snatch and grab what are the chances that in their plan (whom ever it was) they thought hmm 'i reckon they might randomly leave madeline alone in a room for a while and check on her every so often evn though there are childcare facilities, so this means we can....(and divulge the obviously pretty clever plan)'

Hmm it really dose puzzle me but in no way would i cast assumptions that 'they did it' as i don't have a clue.

... Ok then. I KNOW THEY KILLED HER

Don't tell me i'm wrong, if you don't want me to tell you your wrong.

And if you don't know, you can't tell me.

Opinions are great.

I love Tf.

Jarrod

Except of course when they are formed by people who clearly have no grasp of the subject and have cleary taken gospel from The Daily Mail. Without looking it up, you probably couldn't even tell me the town either the McCanns live in or the town in Portugal where they were staying, so how can you be so sure they did it?

Edit: just seen he's suspended, nm...

Edited by Haz

Obviously i can't say for sure, but i know i don't believe them or they're story. Too many things don't add up. A rich family wouldn't leave 3 infants under the age of four, alone in their hotel room. And to say that they were so worried they returned every 15 minutes is even stranger. If they're that worried and as well off as they were it wouldn't have been hard to use the childcare facilities that WERE provided at the hotel.

Bit of a rant, but weird shit none-the-less.

Didn't realise all that stuff from the first part of your post - that's pretty mental.

With regards the quote - they and 2 (I think) other families left their children all unattended. I saw a documentary made by some guy who I think was known to the family that hadn't been released before but was in mid-to-late-December that contained footage 'behind the scenes' of the McCanns and their friends, and about how they arranged 'patrols' to go and check the kids were OK. It was when Gerry McCann went back, and then came back out of their flat, "Stopped and spoke to a friend", one of their friends went past him to check on their kids, noticed the door to the McCann's flat was open, saw someone walking across the road carrying a small girl in Madeleine's pyjamas, didn't mention it then carried on as usual that seemed a bit weird.

But yeah, maybe the truth will come out one day. It just does seem strange that neglectful parenting has earnt these people shitloads. If they'd been some working class people on a holiday in Brighton and this had happened, I have a feeling the public opinion would be a lot different.

I read the first post in this thread. Then hit the reply button;

Don't belive what you read in the papers.

;)

OK now i've read the thread, i don't know waether they did it or not. I don't think they did.

I'm with kavorvenlots (or whatever his tf name is (the mod)). If my daughter was lost i'd never stop looking, and i'd do anything to gain more awareness and money if it would help.

Jarrord, f**k off.

Edited by JT!

proceeds from it might be well invested in other missing children charities.

Or to pay off another mortgage on another house, isnt that what they did with the payment for selling their story in the first place?, I'm not saying whether I think shes dead or alive, but it makes you wonder what kind of state of mind her parents were in the first place, so much media spin on it already, you cant really tell what the actual story is now, As someone said earlier in this topic what makes this missing person case different to the many thousands that are already out there? But what ever decision is made about it you can be sure someone will cash in on it, where theres misery theres always someone who can make money from it, but this is an unusual case that the parents are profiting from their misfortune, maybe thats why this case is so different and media hyped the judgment of the parents, maybe Ive just answered my own question, I dont know. Only time will tell on what happens.

Sorry Mark, but that really was a pretty out of line comment.

I'd like to highlight the fact that judgement of these kinds of situations so often ends up being given by those in the sidelines, and people so often don't seem to understand (or care about) the magnitude of what something like this would do to a family.

Personally, I can't beleive that the story has become so big, as this is something which unfortunately happens all the time, and I would also feel that the idea of cashing in on a situation like this is pretty harsh, but I ask this: if it were your child, where would you stop looking for them?

The McCann's may appear to have some very dodgy rumours hanging over their heads, and a lot of things don't quite seem to add up, but how many of you are going to eat your words if/when Madeline does turn up and it is proven that the McCann's are totally innocent and have only been guilty of caring as much as any other parent should?

If this were my child, I'd tear the whole world apart trying to find her, and I wish the McCann's all the best of luck in doing the same.

Rich

but if it was your kid would you leave them in the hotel room on there own, while you are getting pissed?

but if it was your kid would you leave them in the hotel room on there own, while you are getting pissed?

I'm sure they're not the first people to ever do that, you know. If she's just been taken by a random person (and not killed by her parents), then imagine how terrible the parents must feel about leaving her?

I think that they just want to cash in on the whole situation!

I honestly dont think they had anything to do with the abduction of maddy!

It is quite a sadistic cashing in on your daughter that has been missing for almost a year!

Maybe make the film in a couple years time!

I hate to say this but its almost as if thwy couldnt care if there daughter has gone!

It just beacuse they have been treating themselves to a couple of things ect...

But meh if they want to be that sensless they that is there problem!

With all the moeny that made it must be in the shed loads!

Think of every news article and interview, every news appearence and all that!

If they knew it was going to be like this i.e have a movie made, all the media attention and the money ect

Then if they was asked, Do you want your daughter or do you want the media limelight and loadsa money?

Would be interesting to know what they say!

Sorry to babble on but the whole meaning of this is that i dont think they could care less about maddy!

Josh Ball

X-x-X