Canon? Or Nikon?

Personally and 'professionally' I shoot Canon.

In uni, I shoot Nikon. Can't stand 'em. Feel horrible, not as easy to use, just not as nice overall. Not feeling it. There's one of them that's such a b*****d to use that I think most of my degree is actually based around learning how to use the Menu.

Personally and 'professionally' I shoot Canon.

In uni, I shoot Nikon. Can't stand 'em. Feel horrible, not as easy to use, just not as nice overall. Not feeling it. There's one of them that's such a b*****d to use that I think most of my degree is actually based around learning how to use the Menu.

I have the same opinion as mark. Although i'm only entry level with a 400d i prefered the layout and menu system to the equivalent offering from nikon. It also has the self cleaning lens feature, which swayed me (the nikon of similar price didn't have it) as aside from that, theres really not much difference in the cameras. Theres also the issue of nikon lenses being "slightly" more expensive as the nikon lacks an in built automatic focusing system in the body.

Edited by Krisboats

i use a panasonic lumix...well its my mates 1 and its rather sweet...

f**k knows how much he spent on it lol....but i came close to dropping it, he wasnt impressed...lol

so there are more than just them two makes out there lol

but out of them two i have used a canon and loved it

canon gets my vote :D

When it comes down to decent digital SLR's there are really only two options, like Canon or Nikon. Having played with both extensively, they are both much of a muchness. There are things with both brands that aren't great, its more down to the lenses i think. With both Canon and Nikon there is a massive back catologue of lenses available which will work on digital bodies. Also you can pretty much guarantee that there will always be some around, as these lense systems that you are buying into are about the biggest there are.

I think if your making a decision on which one to go for, look at the type of lenses you want. If you have a friend who has a Canon, it might be worth getting a Canon to borrow his/her lenses. With regards to menus, they both have there little annoyances but once you have used it for a while I'm sure you'll be able to get along with it. And i suppose price pays a big part. If you can get a recently replaced model at a knock down price (look at Canon 30d's, being replaced by the 40d) then your laughing!

For the record, I have a Canon, no complaints.

PS. If you watch the football, there must be a reason why all the lenses around the field are white (Canon L series Lenses)!!

Edited by strat-trials

Wicked. I wasn't aware of how many people actually liked Canon.

I have a 400D. Love it. Being honest. I've never really used a nikon. I've played about with it in the shop when i bought the 400d. I personally thought the look and feel of the Canon was better also. I love the shutter noise :P

At the end of the day. I dont think it matters. I have a friend who kicks my arse at photography. And He's not even digital.

Thanks for all the good posts. Vice Versa.