New Design Site

MadManMike

Right, at the moment this site only looks good on high resolutions - will look dodgy on Mac Books and widescreen monitors, though I am addressing this as we speak (Shrinking thumbnails and main images).

If you have a square monitor with a res of 1280 x 1024 or higher please give me some feedback.

My brother is an illustrator and had a basic white / green site that looked ok, but I wanted to give it a makeover.

www.peteduffield.co.uk

Cheers guys...

Means a lot to have Simon say it's good too - being a web genius and all :)

My brother is going to resize all his images because as his tutor said, if they are high enough resolution people will just steal them rather than pay him for using them... (And it'll work on all monitors of course).

Cheers folks!

That is so mint, I love the graphics. I don't know if this is supposed to happen but it cuts the bottom half of the bottom pictures off and I cant scroll down. Other than that I'm really impressed.

It does, at the moment. My brother is gonna shrink his thumbnails and large images so it all fits - I told him to do it yesterday but he's been busy.

Thanks for the feedback, it's a relatively simple site but I'm happy with it :)

My brother says yes feel free to use his art as a background.

great work as always, awesome!

over laying flashbuttons on the thumbnails would maybe give it some "va va voom" (always wanted to use that saying) but meh, im abit flash crazy

Hehe, I hate Flash with a passion man so that's not likely :) Saying that, it's only really full Flash sites I don't like - Flash elements are ok.

I've just sorted out image size & centering (Apart from landscape images at the moment) and will be doing the Thumbnails shortly... It's gradually getting there :)

really wicked website, easy to use, sick pictures how to wash your car lol made me laugh

Cheers mate, I just built the actual site - all the illustrations are my brothers :) The "How To Wash Your Car" was a project he had to do for Uni, the rest are pretty much off the top of his head :)

Does the job nicely :)

Needs a page title but thats all I can suggest!

Cheers Tom, gonna sort that out soon!

...and here I was thinking you're just a DJ... :P

Amazing site!

I just built the site / layout and stuff - all the credit for the amazing artwork has to go to my brother :)

But yeah, I do web design for a living - DJ'ing is just a night time thing, not really an earner unless I get good city gigs :)

Thanks for the feedback chappies!

• 2 weeks later...

Your brothers art is sick! Really got skills. Added to the 'Inspiration' bookmarks folder haha.

Site is good too, simple but clean and does the job. I'm not usually a fan of splash screens but for an art type site, with decent art on them like this one, it's all good :) But why not move everything up closer to the 'Pete Duffield' text? The portrait images start up there but why not make all the images start up there? Then i wouldn't have to scroll down all the time.

• 3 weeks later...
Your brothers art is sick! Really got skills. Added to the 'Inspiration' bookmarks folder haha.

Site is good too, simple but clean and does the job. I'm not usually a fan of splash screens but for an art type site, with decent art on them like this one, it's all good :) But why not move everything up closer to the 'Pete Duffield' text? The portrait images start up there but why not make all the images start up there? Then i wouldn't have to scroll down all the time.

Great site you've got there :)

Only thing I can really say bothers me a bit, is as tom said:

Other than that, it's awesome.

Thanks for the comments guys, although he's now working on a Flash website for himself (My work not good enough eh?).

Jokes aside, for his Uni course he has to build a Flash site so I doubt we'll update or correct anything on this one now - I'm hoping he'll keep it online in some way though (Maybe an HTML link on his Flash one) so I can use it in my portfolio...

Thanks again for the comments.

superb work.

If i was going to suggest anything to improve it, I would say give the images a java loading thing. So they fade in.

Why? Because when i was viewing, due to the pics being a nice high res, they seemed to scroll down, but it wasn't smooth. A fade in would just be lovely!

Keep up the good work.