Should I Get It?

The Stig

Right NEW DRIVER here :) Basically i like me cars i does!! I have found this and might be able to get him down to 2,400 think i should go for it? if i can get it down providing i check all the necessaries when i look at the car ?? P.S. my insurance is the same as a 1,4 quicksilver so i thought i would be better off with this beast :)

Edit: whoops http://www.pistonheads.co.uk/sales/353175.htm

Thanks Tom

Edited by Boss

Might be being narrow minded and boring but would the fact its got all those extras, and the fact its on pistonheads not suggest its been ragged? Seems like a very nice first car too, make sure you don't crash it... its tempting to drive beyond your limits with a car like that, and you only realise your limits once its too late.

[/ old man rant ]

Might be being narrow minded and boring but would the fact its got all those extras, and the fact its on pistonheads not suggest its been ragged? Seems like a very nice first car too, make sure you don't crash it... its tempting to drive beyond your limits with a car like that, and you only realise your limits once its too late.

[/ old man rant ]

i will listen to you for many reasons 1.) your the TF man!! 2.) your a old man (oj) 3.) some valid points

But i know the risks with cars and not all pistonheads ragg cars but i see your concern, it seems to be well looked after and the guy seems nice i dunno :S

108,000 miles..............

that's lots even for a 99 car. Above average anyway. I would also say that unless you like spending time at the side of the road giving your details, even when you've done nothing wrong, then don't get it as a first car.

I may sound like another old man, but I had the same problems with my Astra GSI 2L with mods. Even driving well within the rules I was getting pulled once a week just to check insurance/licence etc. Gets on your tits enough to get rid of it after a while. Then you wait till you look old enough to have one. Sorted.

Fords are good cars. I'd personally get something a bit smaller for a 1st car.

The new fiestas drive nice. Id I had the money I'd but the same spec as the one I'm learing to drive in. Ace lil car

Also how old are you? as the insurance will be steep. For me on my mums 1.4 Astra. 54 plate. it was going to cost me bout £2000. my mum was the named driver. But I wasnt prepered to pay that. Im 17 bwt

Fords are good cars. I'd personally get something a bit smaller for a 1st car.

The new fiestas drive nice. Id I had the money I'd but the same spec as the one I'm learing to drive in. Ace lil car

Also how old are you? as the insurance will be steep. For me on my mums 1.4 Astra. 54 plate. it was going to cost me bout £2000. my mum was the named driver. But I wasnt prepered to pay that. Im 17 bwt

i am too 17 with direct line i can get it to about 1500 (extra discount) and a 1.1 106 is a little lower than that? So i think meh it is alot nicer car.

i dunno lots of good points though keep em coming

Everyones nice when there trying to sell you something

Im no expert on cars and shizzle but a car on there thats done 108k and has mods chances are yeah its been ragged and i wouldnt get it. Is it cheap? if so its proberly to good to be true then. Personally though i would always prefer to buy a car thats standard and ploded round town and mod it myself than buy one already done.

Everyones nice when there trying to sell you something

Im no expert on cars and shizzle but a car on there thats done 108k and has mods chances are yeah its been ragged and i wouldnt get it. Is it cheap? if so its proberly to good to be true then. Personally though i would always prefer to buy a car thats standard and ploded round town and mod it myself than buy one already done.

It isn't exactly fully modded and is tastefully done, the car and it's owner are part of a focus owners group and 108k is high but aren't all cars now a days? Plus it has been reguraly serviced, more comments :)

High mileage cars are not as much of a risk as everyone thinks, As long as they've had regular service and havn't been thrashed they'll go on for ever.

Our Delivery driver at work has an old Rover 214, he's owned it from new and put almost 250,000 miles on it, And he still drives it to spain once a year for his holiday, We were talking about it today at work !

Jarrod

nah I would got for something like a saxo vtr or that you can pick up a mint condition non ragged 40,000 miles beast for that price and it will be quicker and less on insurance.

you could go for a golf or something like that turbo diseasal would be better.

They are asking over the odds for that.