Bmw 1 Series With No Fuel

Matt_Zoot

the tollerences in the pumps are soo tight (0.000001mm ish)

On a normal road car!? Don't be silly, how do you think they'd cope the first time you primed the fuel pump...

(looking at about £2000 for the pupm and £1k for each injector)

£1k injectors?! What the hell car is that for?! Manufacturers try to keep costs down to actually be able to sell cars, I doubt very much they'd be fitting £1k injectors in mass produced cars from the factory...

Easy start is excessivly bad, it washes all oil out the bores, so all the time your using it, you a running your engine with no oil for the pistons.

For what? the first one complete cycle, if that? Nothing to really be too concerened about

causes pinking and detonation in the engine

Pinking and detonation are the same thing (Y)

it also leaves loads of carbon deposits on your valves, if these get big enough the valves wont close

You dont really get carbon deposits on the valve seats... If anything easy start will loosen the deposits on the faces :)

Sorry mate, just sounds like you're talking alot of shit :closedeyes:

On a normal road car!? Don't be silly, how do you think they'd cope the first time you primed the fuel pump...

£1k injectors?! What the hell car is that for?! Manufacturers try to keep costs down to actually be able to sell cars, I doubt very much they'd be fitting £1k injectors in mass produced cars from the factory...

For what? the first one complete cycle, if that? Nothing to really be too concerened about

You dont really get carbon deposits on the valve seats... If anything easy start will loosen the deposits on the faces :)

there i was thinking i was the only one thinking someone was using a very small amount of knowledge and pretending to know it all. i ran that car for about 9 months and I know it's still being used at the company i was at with no troubles, so i hardly think his theories are right... just thought i'd give the benefit of the doubt til someone else had the same views!

DONT DO IT

Bongo your thinkning of the Wrong type of Diesel injection System.

Modern Systemsmust never be alowed to run dry. They use the diesel fuel to lubricae the pump, and the tollerences in the pumps are soo tight (0.000001mm ish)

that

any lack of lunbrication causes them to literely fall to peices, and when that happens you have to replace every single component on the fuel system exept the tank, which needs extencive flushing, which costs thousands. (looking at about £2000 for the pupm and £1k for each injector)

Your car will have a saftey strategy instaled in the PCM to prevent run dry, this will start with the fuel light, then the car will intentionaly start missfiring, to simulate running out of fuel, then it will cut out, and wont start. Some systems will let you restart on refueling, some require a trip to the main dealer with expencive computer restting treatments.

And its not as simple as calling out the RAC or even bleeding the systme yourself. Old DI systems could be bleed by cracking the injectors off yes.

But its really not adviseable, as the pressures behingd them are high, but on common rail injection you will have apporx 350 bar of pressure behind each injector, and if that gets out it has the power to literealy cut through the bonnet, your hand, anything it can get near.

Bleeding TDCi is a process that need special equipment to do correctly, and is usually don through the leak off part of the fueling.

In short its not worth it. by fuel

pretty much what i was gona say

I know for a fact that focus/mondeo/transhit etc TDCi injectors cost at least £600 each and a fuel pump will cost well over £1000. i was a technician in a Ford dealership for over 4 years and saw plenty fitted and fitted many myself. The fuel pumps are seriously that sensetive to debris/shite quality fuel. Easy start will hang about in the system for a bit longer than the first couple of engine cycles, ususally takes most motors a few minutes to get rid of the shite, then if you have one of these new fancy deisel particulate filter it will damage it.

trials_pimp it talking from the view of a dealership Tech, by the book, to the letter lol. Im' now working in a regular backstreet garage and have stopped thinking working like that but i wouldnt say he is talking shit at all, more like you have varied/little knowledge of newer commonrail diesel systems.

so yeah back on topic, not a good idea letting your car run till its dry at all.

Don't read if you take offence to being told main dealers are shit, or don't read if your going to give a shitty reply....i'm not in a good mood !

There are so many people in the thread talking complete f**king bull shit !

And all this shit about Easy start and £1000 injectors....f**k off !

Lemme guess, your all main dealer muppets with shiny computers and rubber gloves ! Why dont you f**k off and fix something instead of f**king replacing it !!! GRRRRRRRRRR

-

But no, dont run your car out a diesel.

Edited by Pashley26

as opposed to being an internet hard man?

well done

anyway i believe everyone that has direct experience with the cars. i.e. most people in this thread..

...I'll PM you my address and we'll sort out the "Internet Hardmen" from the gobby little c**ts ?

This is the second time you've f**ked me off, And there won't be a third.

...I'll PM you my address and we'll sort out the "Internet Hardmen" from the gobby little c**ts ?

Hard man.

What do you gain by posting that, "Threat".

Trying to make him look like an idiot?

Backfired abit now hasnt it.....

Well mate, i've just PM'd you my address...

You're gonna come here and do something??? No, are you f**k, because it's all bollocks, so go away and calm down. If you fancy a trip up here and don't want to calm down you know where to find me ;)

Go and cool off, the world isn't out to get you. Sorry you havin a bad time but don't wind people up. does nobody any good.

Lets get this thread either back on topic, or if it's done with, leave it at that.

Well mate, i've just PM'd you my address...

You're gonna come here and do something??? No, are you f**k, because it's all bollocks, so go away and calm down. If you fancy a trip up here and don't want to calm down you know where to find me ;)

Go and cool off, the world isn't out to get you. Sorry you havin a bad time but don't wind people up. does nobody any good.

Lets get this thread either back on topic, or if it's done with, leave it at that.

Well said. In fact, saved me typing it as I was just going to :)