Koxx Boxx Frame

AdamR28

The forming and welding is amazing, and the detail where the seat stays meet the top tube/box thing is is sooo intricate, but what is the point of the butt fin? It looks like a load of work has gone into incorporating the thing, but its ugly as, and doesnt seem to perform any function? So what is the point of the the thing?

Not my cup of tea sorry to say. The frame work looks like its just been left in a giant oven for days.

What materails has it been made from am just concerned due to the price.

Lets see whos the first on t/f to get one.

My money is on connor the basher

Oh riiiiiight. Any reason behind that? strengths? flex? Or just for Aesthetics? :P

Hydroforming is the only economic way to make complex shapes like you can see on this frame. I don't really know alot about the technicalities of it, but using hydroforming you can create tubes which are stiffer and stronger in places straight tubes simply can't be, and thus can save weight too.

The Boxx design doesn't seem to be "pure" engineering though, i.e. that random tail.

Beautifully sculptured rig, a shear work of art, the kinda of frame that one would look at for hours without riding the beast/beauty. £1000 is an insane price to pay for a piece of U6 alu, WHO ON EARTH IS GONNA PAY FOR THAT? within 12-24 months this frame will be old news, hardly a price worth paying for. koxx have totally lost the plot (N) . Awesome pics (Y)(Y)

6 months covering manufacturing defect and materials.

Which still means nothing :P

It would be worth it if i knew it would last longer than a year. Looks alright but that tail could cause some damage if you were to fall onto the wheel :sick:

Edited by eskimo