£30 Fine, Cpo Riding Path *video Evidence*

Dan Burgess

The old CSO's in my town sorted out some meetings for me and two of my mates with the local council to try and get us a trials park built (Y)

never happened like but we got a little skate park put in the park at the end of my street which was pretty sweet (Y)

To be honest.

In Guildford, the CPSO's have their moments. Most of the time I just get "move on mate", and nothing more. When I'm riding on the pavement, they go, "oi oi... go on, onto the road with you."

I suppose it's also mainly, they have all met me before, and I was polite.

The CPSO's in Portsmouth are sound as, a soundproof room. I've never got a fine off them, and to be honest, I doubt I will.

It's all to do with the way you speak to them for a start.

and the police usually don't bother in my experience. Can't be bothered with the paperwork probably ha ha.

ok i would just like to clear up the initial debate.

"The legislation makes no exceptions for small wheeled or children's cycles, so even a child riding on a footway is breaking the law. However, if they are under the age of criminal responsibility they cannot, of course, face prosecution."

but

"cyclists who sometimes feel obliged to use the pavement out of fear of traffic and who show consideration to other pavement users when doing so."

so you could claim that you were scared of being on the road if they were going to fine you.

ok i would just like to clear up the initial debate.

"The legislation makes no exceptions for small wheeled or children's cycles, so even a child riding on a footway is breaking the law. However, if they are under the age of criminal responsibility they cannot, of course, face prosecution."

but

"cyclists who sometimes feel obliged to use the pavement out of fear of traffic and who show consideration to other pavement users when doing so."

so you could claim that you were scared of being on the road if they were going to fine you.

Sorry. That's wrong.

I've been fined in Bournemouth before, because the roads were packed and people were cutting it close so I decided to carefully use the pavement. They really don't care. Some CPSO's are just jobsworths. Then again, some are alright...

Sorry. That's wrong.

I've been fined in Bournemouth before, because the roads were packed and people were cutting it close so I decided to carefully use the pavement. They really don't care. Some CPSO's are just jobsworths. Then again, some are alright...

i have looked into this and it says quite clearly from a judge that,

"On 1st August 1999, new legislation came into force to allow a fixed penalty notice to be served on anyone who is guilty of cycling on a footway. However the Home Office issued guidance on how the new legislation should be applied, indicating that they should only be used where a cyclist is riding in a manner that may endanger others."

so if you were cycling responcibly they should not of fined you, because in this guidence it states

"However, if the footway is wide, and you feel it would be safer - at, say a pinchpoint - to ride on a short stretch of pavement, you ought to do what is safe at that particular moment and place. Naturally, you would be in the wrong and an official could challenge you."

so you should argue that if it was dangerous to be on the road and you were being carefull and you should be let off.

Please don't slag me off (i know you havn't) as i am only trying to help and im not a policeman or CPSO.

Edited by jeff-jeff

The video Mark posted really annoyed me. So much so I can't post anything about it because I'll end up getting suspended.

Haha, it's probably all been said already in the Photogramaphy thread where I got the link from ;)

Haha, it's probably all been said already in the Photogramaphy thread where I got the link from ;)

Hehe, in a more polite way I would have said something along the lines of:

"Why on earth is that man doing that job? he is no good at it"

We'll leave it there anyway :P

I can't help but think that a lot of CPSO's and Police officers may often target skaters and bikers because they are an 'easy target'. By this I mean they will possibly have targets to meet for stopping and questioning people regarding suspect bechaviour. I know that the Police have targets for detecting and resolving crime. Most people whould assume that this means detecing a burgulary or a murder and then going on to resolve it by catching the criminal and bringing them to.... justice (sorry the word justice makes me laugh because there is none in this country). What actually happens is this......officers are more prone to stopping two 10 year old kids in the local park fighting over a bag of skittles, braking them up and sending each on thier way. Its a 'detect' and 'resolve' for the stats but one of petty nature, however it all adds up to great figures for the brain dead bastards who read the red tops to soak up and beleive things are getting better with regard to policing when in fact the figures are just been cleverly manipulated.

Every time a Police officer or CPSO stops someone riding and questions them they get another little tick for a detect and resolve. They will try to avoid proper crime, as per the comment a few posts back where kids were drinking and smoking on the street but the CPSO was more content chasing a lad on a bike, and the other example of some scum smashing in a shop window and nothing done about it.

I know for a fact this applies to Police officers and it may not apply to CPSO's but its still a shit situation that is quite applicable to the thread and indeed the situation that we find this country in.

As a footnote I'd like to add regardless of how the CPSO's are represented on telly, in the papers and even in the forum I think it is unacceptable for any one to suggest hitting a CPSO, taking the piss out of a CPSO and generally been a cocky smart arse. If everyone showed respect for everyone else the world would be a better place.

I'll probably get arrested one day for leathering someone because they broke into my house, and that is what really pisses me off. The guy who burgles my house will also sue me for injuring him and a Police officer will catch him, put the cuffs on too tight and get sued for injury as well.

Im just getting more and more annoyed as I type so I'll stop, I'm off to look for a house in Spain.

By the way this is a great thread, although the first post is utter jibberish

Edited by Ash1984

I HATE one of the PCSOs round here, the other one seems OK.

Anyway, my mates were chilling in the town, my mate was on his BMX with no lights, but he had a puncture so wasn't riding it, just sitting down chatting. The PCSO in question gave him a right going over about it, even though he was pushing it everywhere. (OK he was breaking the law, but come on.)

Completely ignored the chavs in the next group drinking and smoking weed.

I can't help but think that a lot of CPSO's and Police officers may often target skaters and bikers because they are an 'easy target'. By this I mean they will possibly have targets to meet for stopping and questioning people regarding suspect bechaviour. I know that the Police have targets for detecting and resolving crime. Most people whould assume that this means detecing a burgulary or a murder and then going on to resolve it by catching the criminal and bringing them to.... justice (sorry the word justice makes me laugh because there is none in this country). What actually happens is this......officers are more prone to stopping two 10 year old kids in the local park fighting over a bag of skittles, braking them up and sending each on thier way. Its a 'detect' and 'resolve' for the stats but one of petty nature, however it all adds up to great figures for the brain dead bastards who read the red tops to soak up and beleive things are getting better with regard to policing when in fact the figures are just been cleverly manipulated.

Every time a Police officer or CPSO stops someone riding and questions them they get another little tick for a detect and resolve. They will try to avoid proper crime, as per the comment a few posts back where kids were drinking and smoking on the street but the CPSO was more content chasing a lad on a bike, and the other example of some scum smashing in a shop window and nothing done about it.

I know for a fact this applies to Police officers and it may not apply to CPSO's but its still a shit situation that is quite applicable to the thread and indeed the situation that we find this country in.

As a footnote I'd like to add regardless of how the CPSO's are represented on telly, in the papers and even in the forum I think it is unacceptable for any one to suggest hitting a CPSO, taking the piss out of a CPSO and generally been a cocky smart arse. If everyone showed respect for everyone else the world would be a better place.

I'll probably get arrested one day for leathering someone because they broke into my house, and that is what really pisses me off. The guy who burgles my house will also sue me for injuring him and a Police officer will catch him, put the cuffs on too tight and get sued for injury as well.

Im just getting more and more annoyed as I type so I'll stop, I'm off to look for a house in Spain.

By the way this is a great thread, although the first post is utter jibberish

Core f**k thats a long paragraph

But I totally

agree

PCSO's are stuck up and think they are hard with there pen's and pads..

Pathic

Core f**k thats a long paragraph

But I totally

agree

PCSO's are stuck up and think they are hard with there pen's and pads..

Pathic

Thing is mate your the dick that knows its illegal to ride on the pavement, yet you still complain when you get fiend. I got pulled last night for no lights(wasnt gonna stop like but the twat boxxed me in to the kerb :lol: ) got a caution and was on my way. I blantley knew i was breaking the law, just agreed with the fella had a good crack with him, probaly why i only got a cautio. Where as you probaly pleded your case and argued probaly why you got the fine.

Jog on

I actually got stopped once with some friends of mine by some PCSOs, who admitted we weren't really causing any problems, but that they didn't have anything else to do and needed to show they were doing work.

Whilst I appreciated their honesty, I don't really appreciate getting dicked around for 30mins while they do background checks for 5 people...

In response to Ash's post and so on... You're completely right in the sense we have targets to meet... But with PCSO's our targets are more Fixed Penalty Notices and Public Notices for Disorder purely because that's what our powers allow us to cover. So a PCSO isn't really just picking on a Biker or skater as such it's purely because our Inspectors give us targets which ultimately are to dish out fines for riding on the pavement and so on. We are allowed to give fines for Section 5 Public Disorder Offences which could be applied to the "chavs drinking on the street corners" but with all PND's for section 5 we're told to get a unit down and administer the fine and then the person will more than likely be arrested for the offence as well...

So yes you're correct with the target thing.

As for the getting arrested for Whacking someone breaking into your house... As long as it's justifiable and it's just to get the suspect on the floor or to stop him attacking you then it's perfectly legal. Tony Martin was unfortunatly wrong in what he did as the suspects were running away when he shot and killed one of them so his actions weren't justifiable where as if they'd been attacking him and he feared for his life then he would have been praised for what he did.

This world is seriously messed up though I must admit

Edited by Gyser

Tony Martin was unfortunatly wrong in what he did

Can of worms. Opened a. Whole new.

I don't think he was wrong - those people kept coming back for more. they were not told they could enter his land so he had every right to shoot them if you ask me.

If I kept breaking into someone's house I'd expect to get hurt.

Can of worms. Opened a. Whole new.

I don't think he was wrong - those people kept coming back for more. they were not told they could enter his land so he had every right to shoot them if you ask me.

If I kept breaking into someone's house I'd expect to get hurt.

I myself and pretty much everyone I've spoken to agrees that we'd probably all do the same but the fact is he didn't have the right to shoot them. Common Law states you're allowed to defend yourself as long as your actions are justified... The fact he shot the guy in the back shows the suspect had his back towards the gun and was fleeing the scene so as far as justified action... Using the gun to scare them off was justified but shooting them as they fled wasn't in the eyes of a jury.

Like I said everyone I've spoken to before about it agrees they'd have done the same and he's a hero as such in their eyes as well as mine but unfortunately with the justice system how it is in the present day the criminals have more rights than the victims...