Reading Festival Lineup

JD™

Wooop me too! Can't wait for some of the other acts to be announced to, some good rumours on some of them.

Of the 10 people in our group buying 4 tickets each everyone got through :D We found this backdoor link straight to the order page on seetickets so no refreshing no hassle woop!

Line up is sick haha, Rage and Feeder just for old times sake :turned:

i got mine for cheaper than the list price in 2006 by waiting till the very last minute on ebay... as long as you're willing to drive to get them you can pick up a bargain when people think they're going to be left with something that's worth nothing and cost them £155.

i can't see metallica pulling out for real - it's april the 1st - but if they did then that leaves space for the apparently self-confirmed radiohead to be put in their right place... B)

i shall be watching that at home later :)

lucky girl indeed, ridiculously great band with such a great amount of history and changes in direction :)

random fun thing to do for radiohead fans: stick one track from the bends on, followed by one from in rainbows and carry on doing that for the whole albums worth of both - super album anyone? :P

if you had a day ticket for say, saturday, do you reckon you could go out the arena and camp till the final night? if you went and stayed in a friends tent? obviously you could only go to see bands for the day of the ticket you bought.

i had a weekend ticket last year and as far as i can remember they only check the wristbands on the way in, not the way out of the arena

Edited by *PHIL*

if you had a day ticket for say, saturday, do you reckon you could go out the arena and camp till the final night? if you went and stayed in a friends tent? obviously you could only go to see bands for the day of the ticket you bought.

i had a weekend ticket last year and as far as i can remember they only check the wristbands on the way in, not the way out of the arena

i went in with a friday ticket in 2005 and was going to camp for the rest of the time... first thing i did was go to the bog and what did i find?? 5 friday tickets! Went out to the touts and swapped them for a weekend pass B)

not that that helps, but yea you can do it no problem. I have heard stories (and can't vouch for their real-ness) that people have found others passed out and managed to get the wristbands off them... harsh but if you're desperate...

you shouldnt but you can, at leeds last year, the only checks on exiting the camp site, where for those people going through day ticket exits (as the queues to get out via day tickets were stupid short, and at 11pm there was no queue to come back into the camping area, but itd take you 20 minutes to get from arena to camping area via kosher exits.

you can almost always, blag a weekend wristband if you know what your doing.

as you have to remember the following,

each wrist band has an individual number

each person at wristband exchange is given a set of wristbands, number from xxxx to yyyy, to hand out.

the tickets just go in a bag at the back of wristband exchange

theres no connection between your ticket, and your wristband, they dont know which wristband goes to which ticket.

theres forms with records of which person at wristband exchange got which batch of wristbands, at what time.

so if you either have someone in your group whos lucky enough to of pulled back a bit when the band was clamped, that they can slip off, and then stick it in there sock and/or theres 1 or more people in your group who hasnt been to wristband exchange yet, your laughing, at theres a multitude of ways to get weekend wristbands.

basic premise of the way a couple of people i know got tickets last year, was to find someones wristband number(i.e look on their wristband) and get a rough time of when they got their wristband, and who they got it off. walk into wristband exchange, say you woke up this morning with no wristband on/some twat just came up and ripped your wristband off, theyll ask you some questions, 1 of which when did you get your wristband, and can you discribe the person you got it off, and if you got it with mates, do you know there wristband number, which you run off to get/phone through. they should then issue with a replacement wristband once you give them your details, which can be real or fake. you can of cause risk this,by just ripping your day wristband off, but its way more risky, as if they dont issue you with a replacement, you got no way to get back on site, at least if someone goes with a wristband stashed in there sock, they can get back in if they dont get a replacement, and if they get the replacement, they can just go and give the one in there pocket to their wristband-less mate

the other way to get someone into camping, which is pretty easy, is to arrive late at night in a group of however many, walk through the gate showing your tickets, and go stand a fair few metres away, then have a couple of you, with the tickets stashed in your pockets, apart from your ticket in your hand, to go approach the people on the gate, ask if you can go collect some more crap from your car, theyre pretty much guaranteed to say yes, then go and give the tickets in your pockets to your mates waiting back in the parking area, and just waltz in at different times, obviously you dont get wristbands for the arena. but im sure ive mentioned how you can do that, otherwise, the campings a laugh, spesh for free.