What Do You Drink Before Riding

mista-neos

I had two double vodka and coke's before riding today.

Went to a place where the SEPA world rounds are being held over the weekend and rode about 1/1000th of a section (keep in mind that these are motorbike sections) and owned it. Actually had people thinking I was a rider practising haha!

If anyone want's to look it's www.bangorworldtrial.com

I just drink water/concentrated orange usually, if you wanted to go properly into it though you'd have a camelback of water with some sugar, salts and pain killers. Thats what I normally take for long xc rides and what I used to use for kayaking and rowing. It really does the trick, salt to replace the salt you lose through sweat, sugar for energy, pain killers to keep you cool. If you use the painkillers that fizz in the water make sure you vent the bladder properly or you'll get a mouth full of bubbles every time.

it's really not worth it for trials though just drink some water and eat some bananas.

I usually drink 500ml of plain cold water, followed by a banana for added energy! :)

Just before i ride, (depending on how hot and how hard i ride)

I would always buy a can of isotonic drink like H2O or Pokari Sweat, and 2 bottles of 1.5l Mineral Water.

:)

Hee! My first post as a validated member of UK Trials Forum YaY!