Dan@trials-uk - New Ride!

Dan@Trials-uk

Ladies and Gentleman,

So its been sometime now since I got a new frame, so I decided to build one of these bad boys up to feel the geometry and test the stiffness which the Hydroform downtube provide.

During my build I decided to get couple new parts to see if I can get the bike light as possible, My aim was to shave off another 1000g compared to the weight of the old bike.

This was achieved by changing:

Frame (Koxx Hydroxx)

BB (Try-All 128mm)

Cranks (Try-All 175mm)

Bash (Try-All Symetric)

Forks (2006 Pures, lighter then the current model)

Couple mods:

Rear tire

Head cap

(Not really a mod) But few links have been taken out from the chain.

And now for the pictures!:D Enjoy!

pictures-image-71.jpg

pictures-image-72.jpg

pictures-image-73.jpg

pictures-image-74.jpg

pictures-image-75.jpg

And here's a sneak peek of the progress of our new warehouse premises;)

pictures-image-76.jpg

Specification:

Frame: Koxx Hydroxx

Forks: Echo Pure (06)

Headset: Token Carbon

Stem: Try-All NUC 125 x 25

Bars: V!Z Max Bars

Front Brake: Magura Louise Carbon FR

Rear Brake: Magura HS33/ CNC Coust pads

Front wheel: ISO King on Mavic xc 717 ( Almost 4 years old now!)

Rear wheel: Front Echo rim/ VIZ 135mm SS Hub

Cranks: Try-All 175mm

Bash: Try-All Symetric

Freewheel: Try-All 108.9

Tyres: Try-All front, Maxxis Minion Rear

Pedals: Welgo MG1's

Bottom Bracket: Try-All 128mm ISIS

Total Weight: 10KG/ 23LB - Possibly the lightest bike I've personally owned, however still room to go even lighter:D

Next Modifications:

TI/ Alloy bolts through out

Hope you guys have enjoyed the pictures as much as I have enjoys riding this beauty

(H)

Ewww to the red bits but otherwise looks really lush Dan. Reckon there's plenty of drillage to be had in that front rim... ;)

:$ I know, I will get rid of the red parts gradually. New wheels when its time(Y)

I was thinking, White forks, and white wheels, Will go well with the white endings on the frame paint work:D

Could You possibly copy tarty anymore? Hahahahah

Anyone that knows / has been to tartys warehouse will properly laugh when they see this hahaha.

How long till you get a riding rigg in there dan??

Sorry?

Copy? Please explain, To be honest there's only so little method where you can store the parts, we have been storing our parts like this for the last couple years now, but we haven't exposed pictures to the public till now. Please do some research for industrial shelving units, I think you will find that 99% of the shelfing looks identical, I've seen many other warehouse's from plumbing wholesalers to salon product wholesaler and they all have pretty similar shelfs.. To be honest Joe, Its a warehouse, its just to store parts and to provide a efficient working environment. Also we are only about 60% to completion. Its pretty tricky to decide on the layout from a black canvas, but its getting there:)

No, we wont be having a trials rig I'm afraid, because the other half will be the shop front for the public:).

Thanks

Don't like it. Warehouse is a turn up for the books though, thought you were blagging, but a trials-uk warehouse really does exist.

Don't like it. Warehouse is a turn up for the books though, thought you were blagging, but a trials-uk warehouse really does exist.

Atm its pretty hard for me to complete it, as there's not much time during the day and after work, it gets dark about 1 hour later, and there's no electrics as yet, so no lights, so its taking longer then planned.

Once electrics are installed hopefully this week or next, the building work can commence, and the showroom will look the part(Y)

Feel free to come down for a visit one day:)

Sorry?

Copy? Please explain

My pleasure..

Your pictures..are near identicle to tartys

The Layout of pics..bike against white wall

The Picture size of all the pics

Warehouse in general - Even down the little blue boxes

They Get Koxx, You get Koxx

The watermark on your pictures..

I could go on....And that you so naive to it makes it even funnier.

And a Trials shop - that people can walk into..How many hundreds of customers a day you hoping to bring in?

My pleasure..

And a Trials shop - that people can walk into..How many hundreds of customers a day you hoping to bring in?

Being abit faggoty now arn't we, ive never even ordered from trials-uk i always do it from tarts like more than likely you do but come on like he said there only so many ways you can store things, his pic is just against a wall like nearly everyone does. Tarty use a all white background where as dans is just popped up against a white wall, what do you want him to do paint the wall a different colour just so the pics isnt resembleing one of tartys. And tarty take the pics outside for bike shots they usually only do the white background for product release shots. Thats just being gay about pic size. Tarty have done koxx for ages its only lately that they have started to stock more, and if you was dan wouldnt you want to expand with more brands. And i think anyone on the forum that had a shop would watermark there pictures.

My pleasure..

- That's funny Joe, dont most people rest their bikes against a wall to take picture?

- All pictures on our site are all 650 x 433 I made the exception to make these bigger so people can see the attention to detail on the KOXX frame.

- Warehouse: This is funny, But have you seen our warehouse before? We have been using K-Bins to store parts for many years now, and same with the shelfs. My question to you, Did Tesco copy Asda or the other way round? because they both looks very similar inside to me? :unsure:

- Now this one is funny. I'm not to sure what you mean by this, stocking koxx or riding a koxx? we have stocked Koxx brand for sometime now and its business and its our duty to bring what customers demands. I got a KOXX to test out a few things. Does this mean you copied so and so on getting a DOB mod? No, its because you personally liked the frame and wanted to ride one your self.

- Watermark - This is copy right, We take all our pictures, so we watermark them to protect them. I'm sure this if what you do with the nice photographs you produce:)

- Trials shop - Have I specifically mentioned that the shop is 100% dedicated to trials only? I don't think I have, if I have, I am sorry for the mis understanding. We are planning to bring in wider range of bikes into the shop part of the business, and the internet side will remain dedicated to trials only. However during this opportunity we decided to also include trials in our public shop, as there are no retails that have these specialized brands for people to see before they purchase.

I'm not to sure on your grudge against us, I don't re-call we have communicated directly before so I don't understand your hatred against us. I fully understand you have your preference on where to purchase parts etc.. But I really do not understand your hatred.

When I asked you to explain about us copying other competitors warehouse you have only said blue box's, Ok, fair enough, our storage box seems to be the same color? I would much appreciated if you found some storage suppliers which did these storage containers in another color and at a reasonable prices, because I've searched and the best place which supplied us with all the shelving consignment is a local company which is 15miles away.

I would class copying if:

Layout the same

Unit looks exactly the same

Interior layouts

Lighting positioning

Even if Dan did copy(Not saying he has), would it matter? There two trials companys that do exactly the same thing, sell Trials parts, Don't see why it would matter if the warehouse looks similar :S

Anyway, Dan, Bike looks really good. Looks asthough it would be good to ride, you'll have to let me have ago next time Im in Birmingham :P

Cheers,

Mike.

I'm not to sure on your grudge against us, I don't re-call we have communicated directly before so I don't understand your hatred against us. I fully understand you have your preference on where to purchase parts etc.. But I really do not understand your hatred.

Lol, I dont have a hatred for you at all. Like i said. I just find it damn funny.

Ah well, im out of here..

My god this is petty, who gives a shit what the inside of the warehouse looks like, or whether he's copying Tarty in the pictures he's taking?

No-one going to mention how similar Select bikes website is to Tarty? Or the pictures look similar? Or the watermark? Or the stickers? Or the T-shirt offer? As in any retail sector, people are borrowing ideas from rival companies in order to make themselves more desireable to the public, and more profitable.

All that matters is customer service, and from what I have heard and experienced, Tarty is top dog.

Joe you are EDIT: a little unnecessary on my part :)

Your excitement at being able to have a go at Dan once again (for what reason I STILL don't understand, your little grudge really does die hard doesn't it) has stopped you thinking about what your actually saying. Almost ALL your points you can say about any 2 competitors in ANY retail business.

Next time you simply can't help yourself from having a go at Dan, at least go about it in an intelligent (perhaps even constructive!?) manner.

As I said before Dan, 'tis all very nice.

EDIT: If you have a reply PM me.

Edited by Shaun H

No-one going to mention how similar Select bikes website is to Tarty? Or the pictures look similar? Or the watermark? Or the stickers?... - No, Because Phil at select is spafe, and he was the original deng importer, just not the more successful (correct me if I'm wrong on that one).

All that matters is customer service, and from what I have heard and experienced, Tarty is top dog. - Thats right

My pleasure..

It's all because you bum tarty isn't it, and that you don't want trials-uk to be better.

The shop isn't going to be so much of a shop, just a place where people can walk in and buy whatever they want.

Ever been into a screwfix direct shop? its going to be that sort of thing.....

Nice bike Dan, once the red have been change, will look mint.