The Gta 4 Thread

Boswell

Good man, I'm so tempted!!!!! Think I might get it too next week

sorta off topic: If I plug a external HD into the usb port on the 360 will it play movie files? certain format?

Yeah you can. I've just tried an xvid file, works fine, not sure about others. It needed an update, but it was only 2.5mb, and then the file played fine. Gimme a minute and I'll try a HD rip of a film. Actually no I won't, my hard drive isn't big enough :angry:

EDIT: Google tells me that it will do xvid and divx but not fancy things like mkv.

Cause you get paid when you book it off and not for a sicky :P

Um get a better job and they you will get sick pay!

I have decided to go for the Xbox 360, going to have to order it tomorrow though because they will only post to the billing address and that would mean it ending up a couple of hundred miles away so getting Prawn to buy it.

Okay a new cable has been mentioned!!! Do I need that cable Danny is going to buy? I was going to get HDMI cable anyway but this other one i have no idea what it does!

Um get a better job and they you will get sick pay!

I have decided to go for the Xbox 360, going to have to order it tomorrow though because they will only post to the billing address and that would mean it ending up a couple of hundred miles away so getting Prawn to buy it.

Okay a new cable has been mentioned!!! Do I need that cable Danny is going to buy? I was going to get HDMI cable anyway but this other one i have no idea what it does!

Its a cable to connect to a PC monitor.

The £200 xbox 360 (it used to be called the xbox360 premium but is now just xbox 360) comes with a component cable. The HDMI cable is extra, so is the VGA one (for your PC monitor).

Yeah you can. I've just tried an xvid file, works fine, not sure about others. It needed an update, but it was only 2.5mb, and then the file played fine. Gimme a minute and I'll try a HD rip of a film. Actually no I won't, my hard drive isn't big enough :angry:

EDIT: Google tells me that it will do xvid and divx but not fancy things like mkv.

Just plugged my iPod in and it will play music off the iPod, but not videos. Still, it's pretty cool to just plug the iPod in and then listen to any song I want in any game. It's quite slow to read the song names off the iPod though. If I was being picky, it would also be pretty cool if the iPod could charge off the USB even when the console is off (Then I could get rid of my mains adapter). Never mind, still definitely very cool.

The £200 xbox 360 (it used to be called the xbox360 premium but is now just xbox 360) comes with a component cable. The HDMI cable is extra, so is the VGA one (for your PC monitor).

Just plugged my iPod in and it will play music off the iPod, but not videos. Still, it's pretty cool to just plug the iPod in and then listen to any song I want in any game. It's quite slow to read the song names off the iPod though. If I was being picky, it would also be pretty cool if the iPod could charge off the USB even when the console is off (Then I could get rid of my mains adapter). Never mind, still definitely very cool.

It would also be nice if songs bought off itunes worked aswell.... :(