The Gta 4 Thread

Boswell

I never said i wasn't open to that possiability, he probably is better than me and to be honest, i don't care.

But the GTA games are frigging huge, and to complete this one, which is bigger than all the others, in 23 hours, god in heaven, i just can't see how it's possiable.

It's just the core missions though? 23 hours solid is probably about right. Remember that it's a GTA game and there are hundreds of other things to do in it. Even when you do (just) the missions, you're probably only 40% of the way?

I'm with Frika though - it seems a bit silly to rush it. Savour it :P

It's just the core missions though? 23 hours solid is probably about right. Remember that it's a GTA game and there are hundreds of other things to do in it. Even when you do (just) the missions, you're probably only 40% of the way?

I'm with Frika though - it seems a bit silly to rush it. Savour it :P

Nah Tom, Im on 50% and i havn't even completed all the missions yet and i havn't really been doing outside missions or anything, Just sticking to the core missions like you say.

Story took me 23 hours, but I pretty much exclusively did story missions. 23 hours over 2 days was totally worthwhile.

That can't actually be possiable.

I've had it for nearly 2 weeks now, And im only 50% in, doing all main mission's and i've been doing it for easily 6-7 hours a day.

Somethings not quite right, you lying ?

a journo did it in like 25 hours, and he wasnt even using taxis to begin with, so I reckon he's telling the truth. Why would he lie about something so trivial as a game?

I still think it's a waste though..

The total percentage for completing all of the storyline is 60%. While you could say I have wasted it, and I guess that is partly correct, at the same time I like to really immerse myself i something until it's done, that's how I enjoy things. Sort of like a binge drinker, but more nerdy.

EDIT: and I never used any taxis for anything ever, everywhere I drove, I did it myself.

Edited by TheCircus

Ok just went to order an xbox and GTA bundle off play.com and it dosen't look like they are doing the offer anymore.

BUT

woolworths are now doing the same deal. £199.99 for the premium and a free GTA, gonna head down and see if they've got some tomorrow. Offer ends 15th may (Y)

I'm guessing that you do realise that both of those cartoons are on page 10?

I'm guessing he doesn't, and Im also guessing he didnt see this post either.

Anyone seen the new CtrlAltDel?

Hahaha, Quality.

In fact neither of them did. :P

Yeah everywhere is sold out. I rang woolworths yesterday and they said "defiantly not getting anymore in this weekend." So I was gonna wait till next week but they rang me this morning :D

Got the 360 and GTA 4. Can't wait to get on it. Do the new ones come with a 1 month trial on live? Also I hear there are 2 levels, silver and gold? I guess gold is for online playing yeh?

Yeah everywhere is sold out. I rang woolworths yesterday and they said "defiantly not getting anymore in this weekend." So I was gonna wait till next week but they rang me this morning :D

Got the 360 and GTA 4. Can't wait to get on it. Do the new ones come with a 1 month trial on live? Also I hear there are 2 levels, silver and gold? I guess gold is for online playing yeh?

For everything but playing, silver is good, to join lobbys and play games, you need gold.

I don't know if it includes a one month trial, but you can pick up a year long code from ebay for about 25 quid.

I thought all new 360s came with 1 month XBL Gold? Mine did. Apparently some copies of GTA IV come with another 1 month free trial, so you might have two if you're lucky. Should have at least one though.

I got the urge to buy a copy yesterday, so I did (along with the console). There were loads of copies left, and thankfully mine came with another 1 month's subscription to Gold Live thingy. Been playing it for hours, as you can imagine.